Trip Report Hurricanes, Foot Pains and “What The Crocs Just Happened?” Anniversary Tale – A Sept/Irma 2017 TR (COMPLETED)

So here we are again… Another amazing trip is over.

IMG_4614.JPG

My original title for the is report was:

The Best-Laid Plans Of The Mouse & Men…
because so many of our carefully thought out schedules & plans were completely turned upside down by Irma and other “forces” along the way.

However, Ross and Julia who do not share my love for Robert Burns or John Steinbeck vetoed that and came up with their own title.

Before I begin our tale, I want to express and offer our thoughts and prayers to all who suffered in Hurricane Irma as well as Harvey & Maria. There are times when I joke about the fact that we were in Florida during the hurricane, but in no way do I not realize the devastation that was caused to so many.

That being said... Let the Trip Report begin! Who’s in?

Figment Forever

Original Poster

As we walked inside, Julia needed to use the bathrooms. While we waited I saw Daisy across the street. Since Hope wanted to meet her I told Ross to wait for Julia and then meet us over there.

The line wasn’t too long and just as we got to walk up to Daisy I saw Julia coming over. I told her to come over to Hope and take my place. It was funny because she was coming from the opposite direction and instead of walking around to us, she walked right up to Daisy. So it looked like she cut the whole line! The CM was a little confused but I handed Hope off to Julia and walked over to Ross while explaining she was with us. I didn’t want anyone one else to think she cut the line so I told them to just get one shot of the both of them together instead of one at a time.

PhotoPass_Visiting_STUDIO_404849593492.JPG
PhotoPass_Visiting_STUDIO_404849593493.JPG
PhotoPass_Visiting_STUDIO_404849593494.JPG
PhotoPass_Visiting_STUDIO_404849593496.JPG
PhotoPass_Visiting_STUDIO_404849593499.JPG

Then we stopped for a picture.

PhotoPass_Visiting_STUDIO_404849654111.JPG
PhotoPass_Visiting_STUDIO_404849654122.JPG

Figment Forever

Original Poster

Usually the first thing we do at the Studios is Disney Junior Live On Stage – as it’s Hope’s favorite – but not this time. Hope had some priorities to check off her list. She wanted to see the construction. Lol yep – she could not wait to see the construction for Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway.

IMG_4307.JPG

It was biter sweet for me to see The Great Movie Ride closed. It was never one of my favorites, but I was sad that an original park ride was gone. Call me sentimental. Julia, who loved the ride, was very sad. Hope, however, was ecstatic!

IMG_4308.jpg
IMG_4309.jpg
IMG_4310.JPG

There was a PhotoPass CM there so we stopped for a family shot.

PhotoPass_Visiting_STUDIO_404849829491.JPG
PhotoPass_Visiting_STUDIO_404849829495.JPG

Figment Forever

Original Poster

Since we had a FP for TSMM, we walked over there.

IMG_4311.JPG

We were surprised to see the line there was for FP – it was crazy long!

IMG_4313.JPG
IMG_4314.JPG

Apparently, the stand-by line was closed and they only had one track operating. We heard them turning away people who didn’t have a FP. Needless to say there were some very unhappy guests!

IMG_4315.JPG

The line moved quickly and soon we were ready to play.

IMG_4316.JPG
IMG_4320.JPG
IMG_4321.jpg
IMG_4322.JPG

Ross was determined to beat me. Did I mention he’s a tad bit competitive?

Too bad honey – “best in vehicle” would be me!

IMG_4323.jpg
IMG_4324.JPG

Figment Forever

Original Poster

Then we came upon construction that I am excited for…

IMG_4329.jpg
IMG_4328.JPG

Julia was a little hungry so we stopped for a pretzel and lemonade.

IMG_4335.JPG
IMG_4336.JPG

Ross used his MB – would it work? Nope. He was not authorized to charge. He was NOT happy but I had to laugh at this point. I told him, “Be happy, at least you got into the park!”

After our snack we decided to watch VOTLM. I know a lot of people think it’s old, but we really enjoy it. On the way, Miss Hope had to do another round of construction poses. This time for Toy Story Land.

IMG_4337-1.JPG
IMG_4338.JPG
IMG_4339.JPG
IMG_4340.jpg
IMG_4342.JPG
IMG_4343.jpg

Figment Forever

Original Poster

After Ariel,

IMG_4346.JPG

we went to Disney Jr. My phone needed charging so I have no pictures. We walked over to Star Tours and walked right on.

IMG_4348.JPG
IMG_4351.JPG

Then as we were walking by Path Of The Jedi, we decided to go in.

IMG_4352.JPG
IMG_4353.JPG
IMG_4354.JPG

I am the only Star Wars fan in the family, so I was happy that everyone wanted to watch this. Ross and Julia played some games during the wait. The theater was more than half empty!

IMG_4355.JPG
IMG_4356.JPG

Ross and I were fighting about something, hence why he was sitting so far away.

IMG_4358.JPG

I really enjoyed the show!

Figment Forever

Original Poster
A belated Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone! I have decided that my New Year's resolution needs to be to finish my TR soon! :rolleyes: For those of you who are still dealing with my tardiness... here we go...

So I left off having seen Path of The Jedi....

Then we headed off to a first – well, a first for Hope…

IMG_4359.JPG
IMG_4360.JPG
IMG_4361.jpg

She was insistent that she was going to ride ToT. I was a bit skeptical and of course my worst fear was that she would fly out of the seat!

We arrived at the Hollywood Tower and she took it all in.

IMG_4362.jpg
IMG_4363.JPG

Julia was excited too… one because she was excited for Hope and then two, because she was afraid that Disney was going to close ToT to remodel it after GOTG.

Hope was so into it. She watched the intro and then waited for our elevator. As we waited, I had to chuckle because I remember the days when she couldn’t tolerate riding a real elevator! lol She would have to sit down on the floor to tolerate the vertical motion.

We even managed to get a front row seat. Did Hope like it?

She LOVED it!! Me – not so much!

PhotoPass_Visiting_STUDIO_405722862575.jpeg

It was almost time for our late lunch / early dinner ADR, but first we took for one more ride on TSMM. Could Ross prevail?

IMG_4367.JPG
IMG_4368.JPG

No - but so close.

IMG_4369.jpg
IMG_4370.JPG

Figment Forever

Original Poster

Julia really wanted to eat at Sci-Fi this trip, so this ADR was for her. We have eaten here before many years ago and she wanted to give it another try. I was a little sad because I had grown fond of 50’s Prime Time, but Sci-Fi it was.

IMG_4373.jpg

When we got there they took my phone number and said I would get a text when our table was ready. I no sooner said thank you and turned to walk away, it went off! We were seated in a car and ordered. All of us except Hope had a milkshake.

IMG_4382.jpg

I don’t remember what we all had and my pictures came out horrible! Julia says both she and I had the ribs and Ross had the chicken pasta. It was good but nothing great. The atmosphere was fun and I think we all enjoyed it, but I wouldn’t put it on a must list for the next trip.

IMG_4376.JPG
IMG_4377.JPG
IMG_4380.JPG
IMG_4381.JPG
IMG_4389.JPG

After we ate, we wanted to try to make the Frozen show. We booked it over there hoping that since the park wasn’t too crazy, we could get a seat. We were in luck and we just made it in before they closed the doors!

IMG_4392.JPG
IMG_4394.JPG

I don’t know the historians by name, but I’m pretty sure, we’ve seen these guys before and we all love them!

IMG_4396.jpg

The funniest moment was when Erik started the story… “It was a dark and stormy night…”, and Aria replied, “No – that was Sunday!” (Referring to Irma.) The crown went WILD! I have never experienced a laugh that went that long.

MegRuss626

A belated Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone! I have decided that my New Year's resolution needs to be to finish my TR soon! :rolleyes: For those of you who are still dealing with my tardiness... here we go...

So I left off having seen Path of The Jedi....

Then we headed off to a first – well, a first for Hope…

View attachment 254138 View attachment 254139 View attachment 254140

She was insistent that she was going to ride ToT. I was a bit skeptical and of course my worst fear was that she would fly out of the seat!

We arrived at the Hollywood Tower and she took it all in.

View attachment 254141 View attachment 254142

Julia was excited too… one because she was excited for Hope and then two, because she was afraid that Disney was going to close ToT to remodel it after GOTG.

Hope was so into it. She watched the intro and then waited for our elevator. As we waited, I had to chuckle because I remember the days when she couldn’t tolerate riding a real elevator! lol She would have to sit down on the floor to tolerate the vertical motion.

We even managed to get a front row seat. Did Hope like it?

She LOVED it!! Me – not so much!

View attachment 254143

It was almost time for our late lunch / early dinner ADR, but first we took for one more ride on TSMM. Could Ross prevail?

View attachment 254144 View attachment 254145

No - but so close.

View attachment 254146 View attachment 254147

Hope is a lot braver than me! I HATE that ride!

sheriffwoody

I just caught up! Sorry I've been liking all your posts for the past three days, your notifications are probably blowing up :hilarious:

Glad you guys made it through the storm ok! Hope's moment in Enchanted Tales was so sweet and heartwarming. So glad for her, and for you! Hope the omnimover situation got sorted out :( That's a LOT of attractions there!

MeeskaMooska0714

At the end she came running over to us and exclaimed, “Hope was a picture frame!” I hugged her so tight and told her, “and you were the BEST picture frame in the entire world!”

It took me a bit to regain my composure and I’m sure that several people around us must have thought I was completely insane. As soon as we exited, I had to paused to text pictures to two of her therapists that have been with us since she was 2 years old! They no longer "officially" work with us - aka they don't get paid to work with Hope. They are considered part of our family and they continue to keep in touch with us so they can be a part of Hope's life. I am very blessed. So I just had to let them know about our picture frame!

Every time we go to Disney, Hope seems to show a huge “growth moment” and this was definitely one of them.
I am so sorry I am so late to this report, but this almost made me :cry:! My oldest son has some developmental delays, and it is the greatest feeling in the world when they prove you wrong!!
Can't wait to read the rest! I am loving it!! :)

Figment Forever

Original Poster
That historian's real name is Ben! He's our absolute favorite! :) I can't tell which one the female is, but it doesn't appear to be his normal partner.

I think we were spoiled because until this trip, I think we have always seen Ben in the show. Sadly, this performance would be the only time we saw him this trip and WOW what a difference it makes in the show! I love how they just crack each other up!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom