Rumor Brazil is the frontrunner for a new World Showcase Pavilion

Status
Not open for further replies.

21stamps

I looked up these posts from a while ago..
Needless to say.. I’m thrilled!!!!

Hopefully a South American country (cough cough) Brazil, will be included someday. Obviously, for all of the reasons I've already stated, and more, I think it would be wonderful.

Even if only Brazil they could offer food, drinks, and different items from the other South American country's. An Argentinian meat stand during F&W..glorious.

Wow. That would be awesome. So many possibilities there. Food, drinks, dancing, soccer. Also, absolutely perfect to theme a festival around ;) lol. No but seriously..Brazil would be great. I wonder why they decided against it.

nickys

Premium Member
Yes, like Bambi. And the Hunchback. And Anna and Elsa. And Ariel. And Cinderella, Tiana, Snow White, Belle, Mowgli, Nani & Lilo, Nemo, Simba, and Oliver.

And Tarzan... twice.

I wonder how The Incredibles II is going to make us all cry?

Not to mention the attempts to drown kittens (Aristocats), or dispose of puppies. Or indeed my "cannot bear to watch moment" - cruelty to elephants.

It's a wonder anyone managed to live happily ever after, although to be fair life could hardly get much worse for many of Disney's characters.

brb1006

Not to mention the attempts to drown kittens (Aristocats), or dispose of puppies. Or indeed my "cannot bear to watch moment" - cruelty to elephants.

It's a wonder anyone managed to live happily ever after, although to be fair life could hardly get much worse for many of Disney's characters.
You forgot to mention Edgar actually attempted to burn them alive near the end in The Aristocats.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I'm curious to see what Brazilian architecture they'd use. The Christ statue is the most obvious choice but I wonder if Disney might not want to use it due to it being religious imagery.

There’s religious imagery all of World Showcase. Most of it just isn’t as recognizable.

Point taken, I just thought that maybe building a tall Christ statue might be a little too much for Disney. I certainly hope not, as I cant imagine anything better to represent a Brazil pavillion

Earlier versions of the pavilion had it included. Later versions do not.

bclane

It’s a tough choice either way. If they do build it some people will say they are pushing religion (which seems silly to). If they don’t build it, it’ll be seen as a war on Christ statues (which also seems silly to me). Either way, there will likely be souvenir Christ statues in the gift shop...

smile

Point taken, I just thought that maybe building a tall Christ statue might be a little too much for Disney. I certainly hope not, as I cant imagine anything better to represent a Brazil pavillion

could have been easily included in a non-prominent way

Earlier versions of the pavilion had it included. Later versions do not.

the absence of this world-renowned icon, ignoring what it is, why it's there, and what it meant, is a disservice to the country of brazil's past and culture, especially if done to avoid the possibility of offense... that having been said, i would still ultimately defer that decision to brazilians themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom