Rumor Pixar's Coco coming to the Mexico Pavilion

Butter

I loved this movie, and wasn't expecting to at all.

I don't know if this has been covered in this thread, but I feel like this movie was conceptualized partially with the ride in mind. Just makes a lot of sense, since I doubt they greenlight anything that does not have some kind of corporate synergy going on... and this is a perfect fit to replace Three Caballeros (which is pretty terrible) in the Mexico pavilion.

I'm on board with it.

clarabellej

I'm only okay with this if they relocate the Caballeros to the new Brazil pavillion...thank goodness my approval counts so much yes, yes no cartoons in WS, but I just want the Caballeros in the park
Is there really going to be a new Brazilian Pavilion??? Or is this just a joke? Curious because we have always wondered why there wasn’t one. Brazilians being some of the biggest Disney fans on the planet!

Coco seems to have done well at the box office, so who knows if this will happen.

We love Donaldo and friends!!

Have the cutest photo of the three meeting n greeting my daughter. Very colorful characters!

We need more Disney Classics not less!

Enjoyed Coco though.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Is there really going to be a new Brazilian Pavilion??? Or is this just a joke? Curious because we have always wondered why there wasn’t one. Brazilians being some of the biggest Disney fans on the planet!

Yes. Our insiders have been consistently saying this is happening. Only some little contractual details with the sponsors to be nailed down prevented it from being announced at D23 this year.

And we're not getting it because of Brazilian tourists and Disney catering to them. We're getting it because there are enough Brazilian corporate sponsors willing to pay for it. If there weren't, then no matter how many Brazilian tourists WDW get, there'd be no Brazil pavilion.

mimitchi33

Coco is also tracking ~175million ahead of Moana on the back of China and Mexico. With similar performances in most other international locations.

All it really is gonna take is ok performances in additional international territories to surpass Moana World Wide. If there is another break out territory (South America perhaps), it will do much more than people think.

That said, we need to see how it holds against Star Wars and Ferdinand and how the major internationals coming up fair to have a clue where this lands.
I think it'll do quite well, especially in Japan. Japan has a similar holiday to Day of the Dead (Obon) and loves stories about spirits (two of the most popular anime there are Spooky Kitaro and Yo-Kai Watch). Also, Japan's including the Frozen short at the beginning, and Frozen's HUGE there. Cinderella beat several other popular movies at the time due to a Frozen short, so I bet this can do great in Japan.
Bioreconstruct posted this and it looks pretty cool, can’t wait to what they make with the attraction! It seems like Coco is really taking over the pavilion
This reminds me of the restaurant in the Mexico pavillion...

mitchk

IMG_2407.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom