News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

nickys

Premium Member
In my experience...the only "insiders" are Robert A. Iger and the board of directors..

I tend to believe it when the trucks start rolling in and the fence goes up.

Welcome to the Boards by the way. After a while, if you follow some of these "rumour" threads, you may find yourself somewhat surprised. We have a number of posters here who not only have a lot of inside knowledge, which they pass on when they can, but also others who study every permit filed and manage to piece together entire plans - like the gondolas. Yep, the map that was used at D23 was published here several months ahead, all deduced purely from the permits.

I don't think there was a single WDW announcement at D23 that hadn't already been confirmed on this board by our insiders. Tron, Guardians, Rat, the Space Restaurant, the Gondolas, Riviera resort , GMR closure and the new Mickey ride ...... We also wondered why they hadn't announced the U.K. ride, Brazil and a number of others.

Like you, I was a bit sceptical reading some of the threads when I first joined the boards about 18 months ago. I soon changed my mind. YMMV of course, your perogative.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I don't understand why people would join a forum and the first thing they do is go and try to negate months of discussions and information with seemingly no back up other than "you might be surprised" :cautious:
I think this "you might be surprised" is a hint that the poster may or may not also be an insider to some degree.

Capsin4

[QUOTE="Sirwalterraleigh, post: 7970438, member: 121290

I don't see this fascination with the idea that Disney builds rides based on one and done standalone movies...

...probably because they have rarely if ever done it in the modern era[/QUOTE] True if you’re excluding movies that have third rate sequels and ride repurposing, but with the nature of sequels at the box office and in direct to video in the “modern era” that’s still not a fair assessment.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Welcome to the Boards by the way. After a while, if you follow some of these "rumour" threads, you may find yourself somewhat surprised. We have a number of posters here who not only have a lot of inside knowledge, which they pass on when they can, but also others who study every permit filed and manage to piece together entire plans - like the gondolas. Yep, the map that was used at D23 was published here several months ahead, all deduced purely from the permits.

I don't think there was a single WDW announcement at D23 that hadn't already been confirmed on this board by our insiders. Tron, Guardians, Rat, the Space Restaurant, the Gondolas, Riviera resort , GMR closure and the new Mickey ride ...... We also wondered why they hadn't announced the U.K. ride, Brazil and a number of others.

Like you, I was a bit sceptical reading some of the threads when I first joined the boards about 18 months ago. I soon changed my mind. YMMV of course, your perogative.

Well...that's just the nature of this beast...

For all the "confirmed" insider rumors that come to pass...there are x2 or x3 that are complete misfires and ride off into the night.

It is what it is.

And thanks for the welcome...I'm new here...but not "new" to the workings of The Walt Disney Company at all...good to discuss- as always.

Princess Leia

For all the "confirmed" insider rumors that come to pass...there are x2 or x3 that are complete misfires and ride off into the night.

It is what it is.

And thanks for the welcome...I'm new here...but not "new" to the workings of The Walt Disney Company at all...good to discuss- as always.
Welcome to the boards,

While there are definitely some misfires for some insiders, there are a few on this site who have a pretty great track record since they wait to mention something when there is an incredibly good chance that it will happen.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No

It is what it is.

I think you will find the quality of insiders here to be impeccable. This place isn't like others....

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don't understand why people would join a forum and the first thing they do is go and try to negate months of discussions and information with seemingly no back up other than "you might be surprised" :cautious:

History has shown a certain "buyer beware" approach to all rumors...that is appropriate.

It's a billion dollar conglomerate that is a slave to theNYSE - to say nothing of the leadership - so the pieces move in unexpected directions around the board all the time. There's only so much certainty anyone can have.

Did I negate months of discussion? Cause my Brain didn't recall doing that...I do question brave...but not the idea of new ride positioning in EPCOT...that is now a fully implemented plan...not an insider theory.

I like a good story as much as he next hombre...so I'll take it all in with some salt.

Here's the most recent litmus test that advises caution...and I honestly don't know the answer cause I haven't looked:

How many insiders here commented on a new country pavilion for the world showcase this last summer?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I think this "you might be surprised" is a hint that the poster may or may not also be an insider to some degree.

Most of the insiders over the years have been self labeled...some don't even drive a WDW Bus!

I don't label myself anything of the sort. Power brokers are the true insiders and that means one thing: money.

Follow it to the end of the rainbow.

But I hope the tipsters here have much greater accuracy than "other places"...since the internet is not "new" and we've all read many confirmed rumors of the years that still are in the "pre-planning" stages...

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
History has shown a certain "buyer beware" approach to all rumors...that is appropriate.

It's a billion dollar conglomerate that is a slave to theNYSE - to say nothing of the leadership - so the pieces move in unexpected directions around the board all the time. There's only so much certainty anyone can have.

Did I negate months of discussion? Cause my Brain didn't recall doing that...I do question brave...but not the idea of new ride positioning in EPCOT...that is now a fully implemented plan...not an insider theory.

I like a good story as much as he next hombre...so I'll take it all in with some salt.

Here's the most recent litmus test that advises caution...and I honestly don't know the answer cause I haven't looked:

How many insiders here commented on a new country pavilion for the world showcase this last summer?

It's wise to be wary of Brave because only two insiders gave vague hints. Our interpretation of the hints could be wrong. But if any of them said "Brave is greenlit", well, then, it's about 98% certain it would be Brave. Right not, they all agree that there will be something new in the UK, so, that's at about a 95% certainty.

And with regard to a new national pavilion, our insiders have confirmed that Brazil is as good as announced. It was pulled from the D23 announcement at the last minute because of nailing down sponsorship issues, but it's coming. Another 'rumor' we're counting on at the 95%+ level.

Our insiders gave us the heads up of GotG going to DL's ToT and to Epcot's UoE. Just about everything announced at D23 was already known. Check out: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/rumor-and-timeline-tracker-v-2.934137/

Bender123

Most of the insiders over the years have been self labeled...some don't even drive a WDW Bus!

I don't label myself anything of the sort. Power brokers are the true insiders and that means one thing: money.

Follow it to the end of the rainbow.

But I hope the tipsters here have much greater accuracy than "other places"...since the internet is not "new" and we've all read many confirmed rumors of the years that still are in the "pre-planning" stages...

Almost always the misses are on details more than concept. Its very very rare for a complete and total miss. If Jim Hill is a fire hose that tosses out every idea talked about by an Imagineer (the guy is awesome as a historian, but hits about 10% on the rumors. Not saying he is "wrong" but he reports everything), the insiders here are like a tactical strike. Folks like Martin are almost never wrong, because they do the work to not only repeat the info, but confirm it with others and with the facts on the ground (permits, staffing, etc...).

Its not hard to get a rumor that has validity, buts its another thing to hone it to pin point accuracy like you see here.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Not much surprises me...

That sounds like a delicious challenge/gauntlet...

Which is what these discussions are really for anyway.

I've been accused of being a tad "wacky" in my angles/approach vectors in the past...I bet i can get to snarf on the screen somewhere down the road.

"...for the prize!"

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
And with regard to a new national pavilion, our insiders have confirmed that Brazil is as good as announced. It was pulled from the D23 announcement at the last minute because of nailing down sponsorship issues, but it's coming. Another 'rumor' we're counting on at the 95%+ level.
/

Great...so we can expect an explanation of the broken sponsorship model that has plagued the showcase since 1988 then?

Because we have seen this fish (rumor) many, many, many times before...have we not?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Almost always the misses are on details more than concept. Its very very rare for a complete and total miss. If Jim Hill is a fire hose that tosses out every idea talked about by an Imagineer (the guy is awesome as a historian, but hits about 10% on the rumors. Not saying he is "wrong" but he reports everything), the insiders here are like a tactical strike. Folks like Martin are almost never wrong, because they do the work to not only repeat the info, but confirm it with others and with the facts on the ground (permits, staffing, etc...).

Its not hard to get a rumor that has validity, buts its another thing to hone it to pin point accuracy like you see here.

The devil is in the details...it's hard to justifiably claim victory if you are just in the ballpark.

But this is just musings...I'm sucking all this up like a sponge. Thanks.

nickys

Premium Member

It is what it is.

I think the ratio here is at worst about 1 in 10, probably not even that.

Take Tron for instance. Other sites, and usual suspects, were awash with the "Tron is replacing Speedway" story. We had that debunked right at the start,

We had the closing date of GMR a couple of months ahead of the official announcement. It was correct to within about a week.

Now we do sometimes have slightly conflicting opinions. Such as "Definitely not Poppins" vs "Could still be Poppins but it's not the front runner".

I suggest you start by reading the Gondola thread. That will give you a taste of just how this board differs from others. Take a note of when the first map was posted, and compare it to the one produced at D23. Strangely familiar, you'll find! Yet the one here was pieced together by some dedicated posters, and then confirmed by our insiders.

There are some seriously well informed people here, and they don't throw wild suggestions into the air. It doesn't take long to work out who are the people to follow.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom