What if Comcast succeeded in taking over Disney

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
Comcast tried a few years back. You have to wonder when you see how aggressive universal is now, what would have happened if comcast was successful in taking over Disney. Do you think it would have been a positive move? Do you think they would have the Disney parks in better shape. Universal seems to have come in with all guns blazing and now with 500 more acres to work with look out.

lazyboy97o

Comcast became interested in theme parks because of the runaway success of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. There is no reason to believe that they would have invested in Walt Disney Parks and Resorts as aggressively if they had successfully acquired The Walt Disney Company.

Disneyhead'71

Comcast tried a few years back. You have to wonder when you see how aggressive universal is now, what would have happened if comcast was successful in taking over Disney. Do you think it would have been a positive move? Do you think they would have the Disney parks in better shape. Universal seems to have come in with all guns blazing and now with 500 more acres to work with look out.
Comcast thrives when they have an adversary. I believe Comcast is so aggressive in taking on Disney because they didn't get them.

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
without universal, you wouldn't be getting everything that was announced this year at d23

But are we getting the best Disney can offer or is it just a panic move and jam it in fast? Will it match what universal is about to do. Let's just play Harry Potter emersive world came first, Disney reacted and produced Pandora. Which is better in your opinion? Does Pandora outdo Harry Potter?

ppete1975

But are we getting the best Disney can offer or is it just a panic move and jam it in fast? Will it match what universal is about to do. Let's just play Harry Potter emersive world came first, Disney reacted and produced Pandora. Which is better in your opinion? Does Pandora outdo Harry Potter?
I think its more will star wars beat potter.... honestly I don't think so. I think the problem with Pandora (besides the brand isn't that popular) is there are only 2 short rides. Star wars I think will be immersive as is Pandora.. but 2 rides? But I also don't think universal will outdo potter... the books the movies were perfect to be recreated. The cities and lands are very close to what England looks like, its not the world of Pandora or star wars are much more alien and never before seen. Remember Universal built kong after potter, and even though the outside and queue is amazing its just screens and one huge animatronic and from what I have heard (haven't been back since it opened) has been a disappointment.

As far as Disney being reactive.. of course they are. Look at the previous few decades. Some years nothing new opened, I don't think you will see that again for a long time. I almost would wager something new in at least 2 parks maybe all 4 every year.

WDWTank

I like Pandora a lot more than Potter :)

Darkbeer1

Heck, Disney is still paying for its mistake in trying to compete with the original USO in the MGM Studios park.

Comparing USO to what Disney had was in Disney's favor. When they tried to build a copycat, it made USO look awesome compared to MGM.

Same with USH when they expanded in 2001, and could easily compete with DCA 1.0.

USH is the Hot Christmas park in SoCal in 2017, and Disney didn't even try to compete, but with its year round numbers in Anaheim, they felt no need to.

Should be interesting to see who wins the Fox bidding wars, and what the parks do with the new content available to them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom