Pandora World of Avatar Phase Two

EPCOTCenterLover

Original Poster
One of our insiders mentioned this was on the table as a real possibility. Just opening the thread for discussion- and hopefully some plans as they emerge. Thoughts on what it should entail?

sedati

Aside from the want of large animatronics everywhere, here are three fairly simple things that I was expecting in phase one, but could be added in a second phase:

First, I get why we didn't get a ginormous tree in a park that already has a gigantic one, but I really expected to see some of these:

Second, with all they achieved with the floating mountains, something like this seems easy enough to execute- almost like a more insane version of the old Wonders of Life DNA chain tower:

Lastly, if they do a restaurant, put a pond in front of it so we can get a proper recreation of Cameron's Monet pool:

bclane

Aside from the want of large animatronics everywhere, here are three fairly simple things that I was expecting in phase one, but could be added in a second phase:

First, I get why we didn't get a ginormous tree in a park that already has a gigantic one, but I really expected to see some of these:
View attachment 240904

Second, with all they achieved with the floating mountains, something like this seems easy enough to execute- almost like a more insane version of the old Wonders of Life DNA chain tower:
View attachment 240905

Lastly, if they do a restaurant, put a pond in front of it so we can get a proper recreation of Cameron's Monet pool:
View attachment 240906
That “trees” depicted in the first picture always reminded me a little of Crinoids (which are my favorite ocean creature). They could setup a tank of these in Pandora and a lot of people would think they were actual aliens....though you don’t often see them swimming around like this (the last one shown in the video is the best):

Edit: here’s a better one:

Last edited:

No Name

I was kind of expecting to see the Tree of Souls somewhere. Apparently story has it it's the closest connection to Eywa on Pandora, so I feel that it would work well in a theoretical Na'vi River Journey extension. Or it could be a neat thing outside of the rides, in a queue, or elsewhere. I don't think that would cause confusion with the Tree of Life, although it could be a neat little brother type of thing.

Anyway, if they're going to add to Pandora, the Tree of Souls has my vote.

bclane

I was kind of expecting to see the Tree of Souls somewhere. Apparently story has it it's the closest connection to Eywa on Pandora, so I feel that it would work well in a theoretical Na'vi River Journey extension. Or it could be a neat thing outside of the rides, in a queue, or elsewhere. I don't think that would cause confusion with the Tree of Life, although it could be a neat little brother type of thing.

Anyway, if they're going to add to Pandora, the Tree of Souls has my vote.
Yeah it’s surprising they left that out. I imagine it would look absolutely beautiful all lit up at night.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I think we might need a better idea at what the sequels will be like. Assuming Avatar Land phase 2 is four or five years away from opening at the earliest there’s at least a chance that one or more sequels will already be out. I know, I know...but it’s possible.

Water is supposed to be a major part of the sequels so what about a half water coaster, half dark ride. You board a large “ship” that floats around some show scenes outside before going up and then coming down a drop hill (the water coaster part). Instead of that being the end of the ride at the bottom of the hill when you splash down you go “underwater” into a dark ride show building that gives the illusion you are actually underwater where the rest of the ride takes place.

I think they could also use a sit down restaurant (possibly waterfront with new attraction).

EPCOTCenterLover

Original Poster
I think we might need a better idea at what the sequels will be like. Assuming Avatar Land phase 2 is four or five years away from opening at the earliest there’s at least a chance that one or more sequels will already be out. I know, I know...but it’s possible.

Water is supposed to be a major part of the sequels so what about a half water coaster, half dark ride. You board a large “ship” that floats around some show scenes outside before going up and then coming down a drop hill (the water coaster part). Instead of that being the end of the ride at the bottom of the hill when you splash down you go “underwater” into a dark ride show building that gives the illusion you are actually underwater where the rest of the ride takes place.

I think they could also use a sit down restaurant (possibly waterfront with new attraction).

I'd love all these suggestions as part of Phase Two!

Atomicmickey

I just got back, here are some of my notes. It was gorgeous, but . . .

-more GIANT leafed things. Most of the 'fake' plants were smaller. And lots of species from the film
left out. Shown in the River Journey, but not outside. Honestly I thought there could have been more
leafed features.
-better bioluminescence at night. It's really underwhelming. Biggest disappointment of the land was to
not be awed by blue and pink lights at night as the film depicted. It's just . . . dark mostly.
-Something else, not sure what, that is a casual, walk-by attraction. Streetmosphere characters? More of a strolling
show than just the drum show? Something more happening in the land. Honestly some outdoor animatronics
of animals would be great, the environment feels dead somehow without more movement. I know that's
a lot to ask, maybe not practical at all. It feels like the environment is beautiful, but weird that I would find
myself grappling with a phrase like "needs more life". Or something.
-as for major attraction, yeah, we'll have to see what the new films bring, I think. I would place good money
on some sort of underwater type experience, though, given Cameron's predelictions.

In any event, we're 10 years or more out from a phase two I would think. Lots of EPCOT-fixing (and yeti-fixing!) to
do before circling back on Pandora. It's brand new!

bclane

My ideal Pandora attraction would be a people-eater. Doesn't matter if it's a ride or even a theater show, as long as capacity is high. A low-key "nature" show with Pandoran animals would be a nice opportunity to add some small animatronics and/or puppets, but I doubt that would be enough to anchor an expansion.
If it’s gonna be a people eater, it needs to be purple, with one eye, and one horn, and of course it has to be able to fly.

Cmdr_Crimson

I am really hoping Cameron demanded an expansion in his contract with Disney. Like Rowling did with universal.

And put it in two parks...So let's see? We have it at AK...OH! I know Epcot..Because....Well, just because it wants to be there......For something..;):hilarious:

Also I do find it weird that on the Hogsmeade side Dumbledore is alive.....However when your in Diagon Alley at Escape From Gringott's the Newspaper in the Queue says he's Dead.....It really is screwy when your going back from London to Hogsmeade and find out he didn't die..
uf63_07.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom