Houston Astros are going to WDW tomorrow!

MaximumEd

They gonna be tired. Just in LA for the game. Houston today for the parade (I'm here working. The city was nuts, worse than usual.) WDW tomorrow. Altuve was on the Tonight Show last night. Racking up the miles.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
And I picked a great day to visit MK after the W&D 10k - filming for the Disney Christmas show starts in the MK today...and the Astros parade. Maybe I should wear my Dodgers shirt.....

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot
IMG_20171104_133143.jpg
As a Yankees fan, it pains me to say this...congrats Astros.

P.S. the park isn't as crowded as people would think it is

LAKid53

Premium Member
Darvish apologized for his horrible pitching in Game 7 that cost us the game. What a class act. How many MLB pitchers would do that?

LAKid53

Premium Member
Just about to say. Do they ever go to DL for any of these?

Angels in 2002. But then, they are the hometown team, since they play in Anaheim....

Interesting trivia. This was started by Eisner from a suggestion of his wife.

Edit: I have an issue with their new name (okay, not so new chronologically). I know the history of the team. But dang, other than when they actually played in LA in the old PCL, they've not been in LA since 1957, a year before the Dodgers moved from Brooklyn to LA. They started playing in Anaheim stadium in 1966. Either go back to the California Angels or be the Anaheim Angels. Because you aren't in LA, either the city or county..... But then, the 49ers no longer play in SF, either. But Santa Clara Niners just doesn't sound right.

Last edited:

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot
This Dodgers fan is with you, bro....... Really wanted a Dodgers-Yankee series. Some of the best...and the classic matchup.

But yeah, the Astros were for real.
The 'Stros are a scary team. I believe all of their stars are under their control until 19. Highly possible that we see them parading down Main Street again next year.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Didn’t they go with that when someone said it after the Super Bowl?

From Wiki -

"In his 1998 memoir Work in Progress, Disney CEO Michael Eisner credited his wife, Jane, with the idea for the campaign. According to Eisner, during the January 1987 grand opening for the Star Tours attraction at Disneyland, the couple dined with D!ck Rutan and Jeana Yeager, who in December 1986 had piloted the first aircraft to fly around the world without stopping or refueling. After Jane Eisner asked what the pilots planned to do next, they replied, "Well, we're going to Disneyland." She later told her husband the phrase would make a great advertising campaign.

Weeks later, Disney launched the series following Super Bowl XXI on January 25, 1987 with a commercial featuring New York Giants quarterback Phil Simms. Simms was paid a reported $75,000 for his participation. The company later aired three more ads that year with other athletes following major sports championships."

LAKid53

Premium Member
The 'Stros are a scary team. I believe all of their stars are under their control until 19. Highly possible that we see them parading down Main Street again next year.

I'm hoping no, but I think you may be right.

RSoxNo1

They're a great team. Nearly every important piece is coming back, and if they wanted to, they could go get Darvish.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom