Pre-Trip Confessions of a Disney snob ;)

So, first I want to explain to you all why I have no completed my TR from my last trip with my sister... Long story short, it was not so great. With only 3 nights, having to move rooms twice and then a resort switch, lost luggage, non stop rain and madness. I'm glad I have this next trip to look forward to because I feel like I need a do-over lol .

This trip is just Ace and I ... We are counting down ... 97 days, 96 sleeps :hilarious:
IMG_4949.JPG

Some of you may think we are crazy... Other's like @epcotisbest will understand.
For our 7 night trip we only have 2 day park hopping tickets! And this is why - for the past 4/5 years we have been doing 2 one week trips a year (or more) with park crashing morning to night. We have graduated from moderate to deluxe resorts and we really enjoy relaxing within the disney magic. The two of us did a no park trip in May and we had an amazing time. So this trip we're going hard in the parks for two days and relaxing for the rest :)

We are staying in 3 deluxe resorts in 7 nights :greedy: ... According to my sister that's the "snobby" aspect of my trip :hilarious: yay for renting DVC points!

February 4th - SUPERBOWL - We will be staying @ Beach club with a garden/woods view
I thought the boardwalk area would be a nice place to be for Super Bowl... Ace says he may or may not care depending on the teams. I have no reservations for this night for dinner. Upon positive reviews after opening, we may eat at the new Ale & Compass or we may head over to il mulino for pizza. Hoping the weather allows us to use the pool.

February 5th - FROM EPCOT TO MK TO KIDANI TO AK ! Starting the dining plan for 5 nights and staying in a savannah view studio @ Kidani.
We are going right from Beach Club in the AM to Epcot. Our plan is to go on Soarin and do some snacking around the festival of the arts. We will than head over to MK via MONORAIL do a ride or 2. I keep trying for a BOG lunch reservation but no luck so far. We'll head over to Kidani for check in and to change our clothes, relax for an hour or so and head to AK for the evening. AK is where we will be utilizing Fast Passes (fingers crossed for FOP, but not counting on it because its the beginning the trip) - AK closes @ 8pm ... We have a 9:15pm reservation at Sanaa.

February 6th - Wake up, enjoy the view and head to AK again.
We're starting our day in AK, between the night before and today I am hoping we can manage a to find a time to ride FOP. Ace is a HUGE pandora fan. He's loved the movie ever since it came out and he is very excited to experience the world of avatar! We are going to have a QS lunch there and head back to the resort for the afternoon. We then plan to go to Epcot that evening for a QS dinner, more snacking and EMH until 11pm ... I am considering doing the frozen dessert party :hungry:
Side note: we may go to HS or back to MK in the afternoon instead of a break depending on how we feel.

I will continue with more plans later ...

epcotisbest

Sounds great! Best thing we ever did in 35 years of visiting WDW was to slow down, take it easy, enjoy and relax. We used to have to come home and go to work to recover from the trip. Now the trip is more vacation than just trying to do as much as possible. Looking forward to hearing how this approach works for you both.

Jess G

Original Poster
Sounds great! Best thing we ever did in 35 years of visiting WDW was to slow down, take it easy, enjoy and relax. We used to have to come home and go to work to recover from the trip. Now the trip is more vacation than just trying to do as much as possible. Looking forward to hearing how this approach works for you both.
Yes I'm sooo excited. Theres so much to do outside of the parks.

krause

So, first I want to explain to you all why I have no completed my TR from my last trip with my sister... Long story short, it was not so great. With only 3 nights, having to move rooms twice and then a resort switch, lost luggage, non stop rain and madness. I'm glad I have this next trip to look forward to because I feel like I need a do-over lol .

This trip is just Ace and I ... We are counting down ... 97 days, 96 sleeps :hilarious:
View attachment 240689

Some of you may think we are crazy... Other's like @epcotisbest will understand.
For our 7 night trip we only have 2 day park hopping tickets! And this is why - for the past 4/5 years we have been doing 2 one week trips a year (or more) with park crashing morning to night. We have graduated from moderate to deluxe resorts and we really enjoy relaxing within the disney magic. The two of us did a no park trip in May and we had an amazing time. So this trip we're going hard in the parks for two days and relaxing for the rest :)

We are staying in 3 deluxe resorts in 7 nights :greedy: ... According to my sister that's the "snobby" aspect of my trip :hilarious: yay for renting DVC points!

February 4th - SUPERBOWL - We will be staying @ Beach club with a garden/woods view
I thought the boardwalk area would be a nice place to be for Super Bowl... Ace says he may or may not care depending on the teams. I have no reservations for this night for dinner. Upon positive reviews after opening, we may eat at the new Ale & Compass or we may head over to il mulino for pizza. Hoping the weather allows us to use the pool.

February 5th - FROM EPCOT TO MK TO KIDANI TO AK ! Starting the dining plan for 5 nights and staying in a savannah view studio @ Kidani.
We are going right from Beach Club in the AM to Epcot. Our plan is to go on Soarin and do some snacking around the festival of the arts. We will than head over to MK via MONORAIL do a ride or 2. I keep trying for a BOG lunch reservation but no luck so far. We'll head over to Kidani for check in and to change our clothes, relax for an hour or so and head to AK for the evening. AK is where we will be utilizing Fast Passes (fingers crossed for FOP, but not counting on it because its the beginning the trip) - AK closes @ 8pm ... We have a 9:15pm reservation at Sanaa.

February 6th - Wake up, enjoy the view and head to AK again.
We're starting our day in AK, between the night before and today I am hoping we can manage a to find a time to ride FOP. Ace is a HUGE pandora fan. He's loved the movie ever since it came out and he is very excited to experience the world of avatar! We are going to have a QS lunch there and head back to the resort for the afternoon. We then plan to go to Epcot that evening for a QS dinner, more snacking and EMH until 11pm ... I am considering doing the frozen dessert party :hungry:
Side note: we may go to HS or back to MK in the afternoon instead of a break depending on how we feel.

I will continue with more plans later ...

Following along! We will be there at the same time! Also have no plans yet for Super Bowl... any idea what time it will be on at in Florida?? It also depends on the teams if my husband and dad will care about watching it.

And we will also be at AK on the 6th! Hoping for good weather, low crowds, and good luck with fastpasses! :)

Jess G

Original Poster
Following along! We will be there at the same time! Also have no plans yet for Super Bowl... any idea what time it will be on at in Florida?? It also depends on the teams if my husband and dad will care about watching it.

And we will also be at AK on the 6th! Hoping for good weather, low crowds, and good luck with fastpasses! :)

Thats super exciting! I believe Super Bowl starts at about 6/7pm.

Thats awesome! If you see us say hi :) crowds are supposed to be a 3/10 that day so I'm hoping we can breeze through.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom