Yelling at Your Kids at Disney

Hockey89

The worse one I saw was when a divorced woman was going on and on to her young son about how evil his dad was.... He was in tears about it.... It was so painful...

Oddysey

So, as I'm typing this, I'm getting ready to leave for my last day at Disney world, and I'll be fair when I say that some of the guests are horrible. But, the ones that are the most annoying and the most attention grabbing are the parents that yell at there kids.

Kid has some sort of issue.
Parent gets a bit snappy.
Kid cries.
Parent begins to yell.

That's how it works. Basically, these people are making a bigger fuss than their kids are. I can get past a kid crying. It happens. But I'm not use to seeing fully-grown men and women yell at their kids because they're crying. I mean, they don't know any better? It's like telling a dog not to eat your food. Your dog doesn't know what you're saying, thus he/she doesn't know any better.

Once, we were heading out for The Country Bear Jamboree, which was getting ready to begin. As I walked in, there was a little kid walking out, probably way to young to know she was astray from her mother. Suddenly, a women jumps in front of the door, firmly grabs the girl by the arm, and yells, "Do not run off like that! You almost gave me stroke!" Ok, I see two things wrong with this.

1. Your kid walked off, that's scary, but did it really almost give you stroke?
2. A kid walking is not the attention of the spotlight. This women yelling at her kid so everyone can hear at the entrance to a ride, blocking everyone from entering, is stealing the spotlight.

As we were walking into the Haunted Mansion, I heard two voices. I hear a young kid say, "Is The Haunted Mansion going to be scary?" Following that was a adult, female voice saying, "It's not going to be scary." In all honesty, I think she knew that it was going to be scary for a younger kid. I really think she just wanted to ride it. My mother also told me about one kid who was literally bawling in the stretching room, and the parents still wanted to ride. For those of you who don't know, there is an exit in the stretching room, and it is made for kids who are too scared. It's pretty visible, too. XD

You may have been asked this already, but do you have children?

Edit: Upon reading further I see where you say you do not have kids. I probably shouldn't even have asked the question as I was able to deduce that you did not have children from your original post.

Last edited:

KBLovedDisney

You may have been asked this already, but do you have children?

Edit: Upon reading further I see where you say you do not have kids. I probably shouldn't even have asked the question as I was able to deduce that you did not have children from your original post.
People don't know until they go...through it.

That is where the quick judgments come to pass: when someone thinks they have the right way of thinking towards a situation that they have not ever experienced in their lives.

Sucks because this type of thing happens quite often in our world.

Texas84

What difference does it make whether or not I have kids? I don't want to see a father throwing F-bombs at his 6-year old daughter just because she wanted yet another toy. I don't care if it's right or wrong, I don't want to see it.

KBLovedDisney

What difference does it make whether or not I have kids? I don't want to see a father throwing F-bombs at his 6-year old daughter just because she wanted yet another toy. I don't care if it's right or wrong, I don't want to see it.
Dude, I don't want to see it either. What I believe the PP was asking in regards to 'if you have children or not' is trying to see if the OP has somewhat of an empathy towards other parents and their situations and not just making a complete assumption of who the parents are and what they go through themselves.

Dave B

The amount of sheer stupidity and nonchalance about discipline in the original post is why today's children are utter brats. Children today get too much of a free pass from parents who desperately want to be their child's 'best friend.' If I had the audacity to act like some of the children I see in the parks when I was a child, you best bet the consequences would ensure it didn't happen again.
WOW

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom