News Runoff Rapids water slides at Blizzard Beach closed for refurbishment

djkidkaz

What I find interesting about the latest aerial photo is that someone got up there and cleaned out all those slides and the pool after the hurricane. So I wouldn't say its completely abandoned at this point. Maybe its going to be fixed in the upcoming refurb and they wanted to minimize the amount of damage to the slides so they still went ahead and cleaned it out.

sedati

Finally made it to Blizzard Beach for the first time ever this September. A fun, well-realized theme and a well laid out park with some very different slide experiences from those at Typhoon Lagoon. Saw the Runoff Rapid slides from the lazy river and they really were needed to round out this park's attraction list which was noticeably thin. That whole back side of the mountain seems prime for expansion so I have hope.
I will say that of anything on Disney property this park is most in need of a refurb. From a distance all looked great, but wear and tear was noticeable up close (though this was also a week after the hurricane.) Typhoon Lagoon still reigns supreme for me though I've still not yet experienced Aquatica which I'm told is nice.
I've put up a lengthy post about my day at Volcano Bay over at it's thread, so please check it out if you're interested.

hokielutz

So these are the only traditional 'twist & turn' water slides in the park. The rest of the slides are fairly straight and tied into a visual theme on the front side. I really hope they are not abandoning these three slides on the back side of the park, because as someone mentioned earlier... it rounds out the experience at that park. Perhaps it is plumbing problems that can only be addressed when the park is shut down.

JohnD

So these are the only traditional 'twist & turn' water slides in the park. The rest of the slides are fairly straight and tied into a visual theme on the front side. I really hope they are not abandoning these three slides on the back side of the park, because as someone mentioned earlier... it rounds out the experience at that park. Perhaps it is plumbing problems that can only be addressed when the park is shut down.

Yeah. I had a "free day" on my trip and tried out Blizzard Beach first. The straight down and racing slides held no interest for me. I didn't stay long and drove to Typhoon Lagoon. I won't return until Runoff Rapids or comparable are working.

Last edited:

JohnD

This is no longer correct...if you go to the 2 different water parks on the same day, you will be charged for 2 admissions (at least as of the end of August)

Wrong.

"The tickets* listed below provide 1-day admission. If both water parks are open, you may come and go between them, as you please!"

See https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/tickets/water-parks/

It's $62 for both parks including blockout dates. (The AP offer for $45 for both parks ended October 1.) Since we're past the blockout dates, if you purchase your ticket at the gate on arrival or your trip is planned outside blockout dates (counter intuitively called "with blockout dates" meaning you can't visit on blockout dates), then it would be $57 instead.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom