I’m staying at POPS resort Any tips?

HowAboutDisney

Original Poster
staying at pops resort this Friday through Tuesday with my wife and 16 month old girl..
any tips? We already have the Halloween party tickets for Sunday. Am I missing anything else? Is there something else going on while I’m there?
What room should I ask to be in?
Thanks for any help..

MacRtst

Have fun! The only tip I have for Pop is in the morning walk across the bridge to Art Of Animation and eat at their Food court. They seem to have better food options there. and then just catch the bus to the park right from there.

graphite1326

Have fun! The only tip I have for Pop is in the morning walk across the bridge to Art Of Animation and eat at their Food court. They seem to have better food options there. and then just catch the bus to the park right from there.
I bring my own breakfast (box cereal) and sleep in a little later. It's also cheaper even though you have to buy the milk but you can keep it in the frig.

HowAboutDisney

Original Poster
Thanks so much! I appreciate it..

SAV

60's Section. Upper Floor, Lake View.

The bus waiting area is out in the Sun, so be ready for that with the little one if you are taking Disney transportation.

AndyS2992

1. If the bus line for Pop Century is too long, try Art of Animation's line, and then walk across the bridge on arrival.
2. Bored of Everything Pop's menu, hop over to Landscape of Flavours across the bridge.
3. Hippy Dippy Pool is the best pool
4. Jack and Sally frequently meet guests in the lobby throughout October with little to no wait at all.
5. Pop Century is the exclusive home to the Tyedyed Cheesecake
6. The Petals pool bar has a few exclusive alcoholic drinks
7. The 60s rooms are the most centrally located.
8. If you love soda then buy a rapid fill mug for unlimited drinks at the resort.
9. At set times throughout the day and evening, Cast Members will dance 'The Hustle' at Everything Pop and in the lobby.
10. Every building has vending machines if you get hungry or thirsty at periods when the food court is closed. Better yet, in the lobby is a water fountain so you can fill up a mug or bottle there.
11. The resort is littered with statues and photo locations so take a tour.
12. The kiddy pool area has Twister boards painted on the ground should you ever want an impromptu game of Twister.
13. Take the time to look at the displays in the lobby, very interesting.

Last edited:

HowAboutDisney

Original Poster
1. If the bus line for Pop Century is too long, try Art of Animation's line, and then walk across the bridge on arrival.
2. Bored of Everything Pop's menu, hop over to Landscape of Flavours across the bridge.
4. Jack and Sally frequently meet guests in the lobby throughout October with little to no wait at all.
8. If you love soda then buy a rapid fill mug for unlimited drinks at the resort.
9. At set times throughout the day and evening, Cast Members will dance 'The Husstle' at Everything Pop and in the lobby.
10. Every building has vending machines if you get hungry or thirsty at periods when the food court is closed. Better yet, in the lobby is a water fountain so you can fill up a mug or bottle there.
12. The kiddy pool area has Twister boards painted on the ground should you ever want an impromptu game of Twister.
Wow so much info I really appreciate it! Thanks so much!

I am Timmy

Pop has movies under the stars certain nights at around 8:00 pm or so, they have Halloween offerings for the month of October. Check the activities guide when you get there, it will show the fun happenings at different times of the day around the Hippy Dippy pool - we've watched Hocus Pocus there before. The dance parties with the CM's are fun, too. They usually have a pumpkin carving contest for the employees as well that they display near the food court. Guests can check them out and vote for their favorite - some of them are truly amazing! Not sure when during October this starts, you can always ask in the food court or the store. We also take holiday decorations to decorate our room and window - we put Halloween lights in the window with clings, and a door decoration on the outside. We get dollar store table cloth and plates for the room, window clings for the mirrors, and tape decorations all over the room. You'll see quite a few windows decorated for the various holidays, it's fun.

graphite1326

9. At set times throughout the day and evening, Cast Members will dance 'The Husstle' at Everything Pop and in the lobby.
They also dance the Twist at 8:00 AM in the food court.

HowAboutDisney

Original Poster
Pop has movies under the stars certain nights at around 8:00 pm or so, they have Halloween offerings for the month of October. Check the activities guide when you get there, it will show the fun happenings at different times of the day around the Hippy Dippy pool - we've watched Hocus Pocus there before. The dance parties with the CM's are fun, too. They usually have a pumpkin carving contest for the employees as well that they display near the food court. Guests can check them out and vote for their favorite - some of them are truly amazing! Not sure when during October this starts, you can always ask in the food court or the store. We also take holiday decorations to decorate our room and window - we put Halloween lights in the window with clings, and a door decoration on the outside. We get dollar store table cloth and plates for the room, window clings for the mirrors, and tape decorations all over the room. You'll see quite a few windows decorated for the various holidays, it's fun.
Thanks so much

graphite1326

Thank you
So you are ready:

Come on baby Let's do the twist
Come on baby Let's do the twist
Take me by my little hand And go like this

E-yah twist
Baby, baby twist
Oh yeah, just like this
Come on little miss and do the twist

My daddy is sleepin' And mama ain't around
Yeah, daddy just sleepin' And mama ain't around
We're gonna twisty twisty twisty Till we tear the house down

Come on and twist
Yeah, baby twist
Oh yeah, just like this
E-yah

('Round and 'round and 'round and 'round)

Yeah, you should see my little sis' You should see my my little sis'
She really knows how to rock She knows how to twist

Come on and twist
Yeah, baby twist
Oh yeah, just like this

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom