FOP Fastpass 30 Days Out

Mark P.

Just a heads up that it looks like either MDE is releasing far more FP slots for FoP than previously, or a whole lot of people, across a wide number of dates, are releasing theirs, because I'm seeing numerous reports of availability over the next couple of weeks, as far out as the first weekend in November. So, if you weren't able to book a FP before, might want to check again!

disneygeek90

Just a heads up that it looks like either MDE is releasing far more FP slots for FoP than previously, or a whole lot of people, across a wide number of dates, are releasing theirs, because I'm seeing numerous reports of availability over the next couple of weeks, as far out as the first weekend in November. So, if you weren't able to book a FP before, might want to check again!
I just checked, you're right. All the sudden there's several options even less than 30 days out??

MiddKid

Same here. Have been checking every day for November 12th. This morning I saw a Tweet referencing sudden availability and sure enough went in and tons of times were available.

RSoxNo1

I saw same day FP available for small groups this week. I was unable to get one for yesterday however.

@lentesta may have a better idea of it, but I suspect that Disney didn't use the normal distribution numbers for FoP this summer. Now that they may have a better grasp on operations they can refine that a bit.

lentesta

Premium Member
I saw same day FP available for small groups this week. I was unable to get one for yesterday however.

@lentesta may have a better idea of it, but I suspect that Disney didn't use the normal distribution numbers for FoP this summer. Now that they may have a better grasp on operations they can refine that a bit.

Interesting question. The standard for most rides is to have around 80% of capacity allocated to Fastpass. It may have been less for the Avatar rides, so that the standby waits were still reasonable.

We can send out someone to count how many people are in line in the morning, and compare that to the posted wait time. That'll tell us the approximate amount of the ride that's allocated to FP.

RSoxNo1

Interesting question. The standard for most rides is to have around 80% of capacity allocated to Fastpass. It may have been less for the Avatar rides, so that the standby waits were still reasonable.

We can send out someone to count how many people are in line in the morning, and compare that to the posted wait time. That'll tell us the approximate amount of the ride that's allocated to FP.
I have internal documentation from Soarin' that puts the number closer to 67%. Admittedly it's older info, but have you seen a noticeable shift of distribution/redemption from Fastpass to Fastpass+?

case88

saw folks talking about additional FOP FP+ on the distwitter today and was able to get five for Sat, 10/2 in the afternoon - there was nothing available when I tried 60 days out.

Atomicmickey

Here's my problem with this system. Help if you know a good solution.

So I logged in 60 days in advance and there were no fastpasses for FOP at all. I have checked
back a few times and no dice.

So I have gotten fastpasses for me and my family for Na'Vi, Everest, and Safaris for the day we're in AK.

I'd like to go in and check availability for FOP and make a change if possible. But the system
won't even let me check without dumping one of the other Fastpasses. It just says I've reached
my limit.

I think I should be able to see what's available, check what I want and dump another one. I'm afraid
if I dump one of the FP's and then log in, that maybe I won't be able to get one for FOP, or that
the time would conflict with one of my other choices. (And maybe if I dump, say, Everest, find out there are no FOP passes, then try to get Everest again, it'll be gone . . . )

Am I confused or is this sorta messed up?

newhorizons1

So I logged in 60 days in advance and there were no fastpasses for FOP at all. I have checked

So I have gotten fastpasses for me and my family for Na'Vi, Everest, and Safaris for the day we're in AK.

I'd like to go in and check availability for FOP and make a change if possible. But the system
won't even let me check without dumping one of the other Fastpasses. It just says I've reached
my limit.

I think I should be able to see what's available, check what I want and dump another one. I'm afraid
if I dump one of the FP's and then log in, that maybe I won't be able to get one for FOP, or that
the time would conflict with one of my other choices. (And maybe if I dump, say, Everest, find out there are no FOP passes, then try to get Everest again, it'll be gone . . . )

Try selecting your Na'Vi fastpass and choose modify. That will allow you to check for FoP times. At that point you can decide if you want to change it or keep your original fastpass.

Atomicmickey

Try selecting your Na'Vi fastpass and choose modify. That will allow you to check for FoP times. At that point you can decide if you want to change it or keep your original fastpass.

That's it! THANK YOU. I love this forum.

Wow, Disney, talk about not really intuitive at all. How'd you figure that out?

Anyway . . . still no FOP fastpasses . . . so yeah.

newhorizons1

That's it! THANK YOU. I love this forum.

Wow, Disney, talk about not really intuitive at all. How'd you figure that out?

Anyway . . . still no FOP fastpasses . . . so yeah.

You're welcome! It's been a lot of trial and error with their system. I don't think it is very user friendly at all.

Keep trying and good luck!

RSoxNo1

my limit.

In order for you to check on FoP you can select the "Modify" option on your Na'vi River Journey fastpass, just don't commit to anything you don't want. You should also know that it probably won't show you anything that conflicts with the time of the Everest and Safaris Fastpass.

I noticed last week that availability for Safaris Fastpasses was much lower than it used to be pre-Pandora. More people are going to the park and it seems that's become more popular than Everest.

jaxonp

A few in-the-know have suggested that part of the problem with FOP capacity is the 3rd theater going up and down a lot.. some days it's off some days it's on. Anyone else heard this...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom