News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

Curious Constance

Who Framed Roger Rabbit is one of my top 5 favorite movies of all time so I hope they don't get rid of it. I think that In TDAs eyes, RRCTS is completely expendable especially if it means bringing in the Frozen cash cow. Losing the second best themed queue at the park would be a shame though.

What they really need to do is add some projections etc like they did to Alice and a Judge Doom AA.

EDIT: oh looks like I misinterpreted what you said by "moving it" and didn't read the rest of the sentence.
You like to list things in chronological order don't you?

Exomonia

Who Framed Roger Rabbit is one of my top 5 favorite movies of all time so I hope they don't get rid of it. I think that In TDAs eyes, RRCTS is completely expendable especially if it means bringing in the Frozen cash cow. Losing the second best themed queue at the park would be a shame though.

What they really need to do is add some projections etc like they did to Alice and a Judge Doom AA.

EDIT: oh looks like I misinterpreted what you said by "moving it" and didn't read the rest of the sentence.

Is that after Indiana Jones? I agree - they are (currently) the two best themed queues.

mickEblu

Lists are kind of my specialty. That and budgets. You can imagine how fun I must be at parties.

Hahah. Although I shouldn't be laughing. I've been to the park so many times I find myself wondering things like "how many rooms are in IASW." My wife has been asking me all types of crazy questions lately... like how many boats are running on POTC at the same time. To my family I am a Disneyland guru and it's getting harder and harder to live up to that reputation.

D

Deleted member 107043

I have a feeling there are going to be more...perhaps some on the B.E. building. Those might just be the tallest or most ready for prep?

I certainly hope so. It's kind of odd that they would build a single set of rock structures instead of building them all at once. Like you said they might be waiting for BE building to reach a certain construction phase before erecting them. I need to go look at photos of the model and refresh my memory.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

I certainly hope so. It's kind of odd that they would build a single set of rock structures instead of building them all at once. Like you said they might be waiting for BE building to reach a certain construction phase before erecting them. I need to go look at photos of the model and refresh my memory.
I think there will be more :)
star-wars-land-model-disney-world-disneyland-205.jpg

TP2000

So there are going to more mountain peaks than just those that are being worked on right now, right? Why do I get the sense that this is it?

EDIT: Oops, @HatboxGhostbuster got there before me! :D

Don't worry, they are working from right to left. The Stormtrooper ride hasn't had any of its exterior skin applied yet.

A reminder of what the full model looks like, with the tallest mountain peaks on the right the first to begin construction...
star-wars-land-model-disney-world-disneyland-205.jpg

This entire section of the land, which covers the massive Stormtrooper ride on the western half of the land, hasn't even begun to see its mountains and exterior be applied yet as they continue to work on enclosing and buttoning up the ride building itself.
ct-disney-star-wars-lands-galaxys-edge-20170717

TP2000

Meanwhile, in Orlando...

The more the aerial photos come in of the sister project out at DHS, the more I think there are going to be some pretty noticeable differences between these two lands that were once thought to be clones.

Here's a recent photo of the left-side entrance to the land, from the MuppetVision courtyard area and a new mini-land called "Grand Avenue" that will have what is left of the old Streets of America facades and a new wine/beer bar called Baseline Tap House.
star-wars-galaxys-edge-air-09202017-6.jpg

That big cement wall at the end of the street is the land's entry portal, the same entrance at Disneyland that takes you from Critter Country under the berm and new railroad trestle and up a pathway into Galaxy's Edge. The tunnel at DHS has a short dogleg curve, before landing into the land with the Stormtrooper ride immediately on your left. The tall cement wall just past the entry portal is the actual Stormtrooper ride facility, with no real buffer area between.

The whole thing at DHS just looks so smooshed together (smooshed is a technical term in the architectural engineering profession, I believe). At DHS you will literally walk right into the land and BAM! it begins.

But at Disneyland, you pass the canoe dock, walk alongside the River for a bit, turn left under the railroad trestle and pass through a tunnel under the berm. Then you come out and walk along a S-curve path that eventually gets you to a big open area that leads to the Stormtrooper queue across the way, as noted in the orange arrow on the left side of this image.
SWL-Aerial-Paths.jpg

There's a whole bunch more space in the Disneyland version on the left side of the land. The Stormtrooper queue and ride buildings sit right up against MuppetVision at DHS, but are quite a ways away from Winnie The Pooh's similar ride building at Disneyland.
maxresdefault.jpg

With every image and photo update that comes in from each coast, I just get the feeling that Disneyland's version is going to have more room and more build-up. And I have similar assumptions that grow stronger with each aerial photo that the space on the opposite side of the land, the "village" area in front of the Millenium Falcon ride, is going to be noticeably bigger with a longer entry portal than the DHS version.

And finally, why the heck don't we have any good aerial drone footage of the Disneyland version? Where's the college kid who spent his beer money on an HD drone camera to fly over Star Wars from a launch pad at the Shell station on Ball Road?!? Where's the retired dentist in a Cessna flying out of Fullerton airport while his wife snaps pics on her iPhone 7 out the window for us?!? How come the Disneyland fan community is so bad at getting up in the air over Disneyland, while the WDW fan community gets monthly aerial updates??? :confused:

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Meanwhile, in Orlando...

The more the aerial photos come in of the sister project out at DHS, the more I think there are going to be some pretty noticeable differences between these two lands that were once thought to be clones.

Here's a recent photo of the left-side entrance to the land, from the MuppetVision courtyard area and a new mini-land called "Grand Avenue" that will have what is left of the old Streets of America facades and a new wine/beer bar called Baseline Tap House.
star-wars-galaxys-edge-air-09202017-6.jpg

That big cement wall at the end of the street is the land's entry portal, the same entrance at Disneyland that takes you from Critter Country under the berm and new railroad trestle and up a pathway into Galaxy's Edge. The tunnel at DHS has a short dogleg curve, before landing into the land with the Stormtrooper ride immediately on your left. The tall cement wall just past the entry portal is the actual Stormtrooper ride facility, with no real buffer area between.

The whole thing at DHS just looks so smooshed together (smooshed is a technical term in the architectural engineering profession, I believe). At DHS you will literally walk right into the land and BAM! it begins.

But at Disneyland, you pass the canoe dock, walk alongside the River for a bit, turn left under the railroad trestle and pass through a tunnel under the berm. Then you come out and walk along a S-curve path that eventually gets you to a big open area that leads to the Stormtrooper queue across the way, as noted in the orange arrow on the left side of this image.
SWL-Aerial-Paths.jpg

There's a whole bunch more space in the Disneyland version on the left side of the land. The Stormtrooper queue and ride buildings sit right up against MuppetVision at DHS, but are quite a ways away from Winnie The Pooh's similar ride building at Disneyland.
maxresdefault.jpg

With every image and photo update that comes in from each coast, I just get the feeling that Disneyland's version is going to have more room and more build-up. And I have similar assumptions that grow stronger with each aerial photo that the space on the opposite side of the land, the "village" area in front of the Millenium Falcon ride, is going to be noticeably bigger with a longer entry portal than the DHS version.

And finally, why the heck don't we have any good aerial drone footage of the Disneyland version? Where's the college kid who spent his beer money on an HD drone camera to fly over Star Wars from a launch pad at the Shell station on Ball Road?!? Where's the retired dentist in a Cessna flying out of Fullerton airport while his wife snaps pics on her iPhone 7 out the window for us?!? How come the Disneyland fan community is so bad at getting up in the air over Disneyland, while the WDW fan community gets monthly aerial updates??? :confused:
I couldn't agree with you more. It's a shame DL doesn't get more aerial coverage (you know...unless workers are in peril across the resort). If only we had our own version of BioReconstruct or Blog Mickey.

And you're right. The queue portion of B.E. in DHS does smoosh right up next to/behind Muppets which is a head scratcher since wasn't DL supposed to be the one area struggling for land space?

I guess the difference is negligible to execs so long as the show buildings can be similarly sized and laid out.

TP2000

I couldn't agree with you more. It's a shame DL doesn't get more aerial coverage (you know...unless workers are in peril across the resort). If only we had our own version of BioReconstruct or Blog Mickey.

And you're right. The queue portion of B.E. in DHS does smoosh right up next to/behind Muppets which is a head scratcher since wasn't DL supposed to be the one area struggling for land space?

I guess the difference is negligible to execs so long as the show buildings can be similarly sized and laid out.

Yup. And I have no doubt the rides themselves, once you get inside each building, will be identical on each coast. The ride buildings and their footprints do seem to be identical in each park. It's the open areas in front of and between each ride, and entry pathways into and out of the land, that seem to be smooshed at DHS.

I just discovered Blog Mickey, it's a great resource for Star Wars pics! https://blogmickey.com/2017/09/phot...galaxys-edge-attractions-land-september-2017/

Look how close the Stormtrooper ride is to MuppetVision! The buildings run right up against each other, almost literally sharing a wall. If the Muppets have a loud party on a Saturday night, the Stormtroopers are gonna call the cops!
star-wars-galaxys-edge-air-09202017-4.jpg

star-wars-galaxys-edge-air-09202017-12.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom