[RUMOR] Imagination's potential replacement?

david10225

I watched as far as the end of the ride. I know it sounds dumb but I had to wipe some tears away at the end....darn allergies. Many great memories with the wife and 3 kids.. oldest now 32!. Still remember the jumping on those music circles and the pin boards. I don't think I can watch the others....too depressing. Favorite part was how the turntable worked. I was always fascinated by that..especially when Figment shouts come on let's go as your vehicle turns and you head out.

DisneyFan18

Martin's new video is up

Really looking forward to watching this! Thanks Martin!

It's such a great video Martin, thank you for making this, as a person who didn't got the chance to experience such an amazing ride, it gave me a way to understand better the greatness of both the old attraction and Epcot. I really hope that whatever they do at the Imagination Pavillion manages bring back such a great experience. I wish I had the opportunity to ride the original ride :(

No Name

I'm less than three minutes in and something struck my eye. On the glass pyramid, you can see the reflection of Captain America's shield.

image.png

This means that both Star Lord and Captain America visited EPCOT Center as children!

If any of you still don't believe that superheroes are a good fit for the park, I'm sorry, but the evidence clearly proves otherwise.

Last edited:

HMF

I'm less than three minutes in and something struck my eye. On the glass pyramid, you can see the reflection of Captain America's shield.

View attachment 228113

This means that both Star Lord and Captain America visited EPCOT Center as children!

If any of you still don't believe that superheroes are a good fit for the park, I'm sorry, but the evidence clearly proves otherwise.
Sigh!

brb1006

After seeing Martin's updated Imagination video. The new musical stones now looks more babyish than ever. The current one down stairs Image Works is now given light and not only smaller but makes it geared towards toddlers. The original was more amazing since that area was in the dark and was larger with better sounds and adults felt comfortable.

I mean just look at this mess!

Last edited:

disney1023

After seeing Martin's updated Imagination video. The new musical stones now looks more babyish than ever. The current one down stairs Image Works is now given light and not only smaller but makes it geared towards toddlers. Then original was more amazing since that area was in the dark and was larger with better sounds.

I mean just look at this!

That music thing also worked better then than it does now.

TwilightZone

After seeing Martin's updated Imagination video. The new musical stones now looks more babyish than ever. The current one down stairs Image Works is now given light and not only smaller but makes it geared towards toddlers. The original was more amazing since that area was in the dark and was larger with better sounds and adults felt comfortable.

I mean just look at this mess!

The worst part about this is that journey into your imagination, believe it or not, actually had a better imageworks than jiwf does. Sure, it wasn't as good as the original's, but still.

footage starts at 7:16

footage starts at 7:33
99tones.jpg

the above is the stepping tones

Last edited:

disney1023

The worst part about this is that journey into your imagination, believe it or not, actually had a better imageworks than jiwf does. Sure, it wasn't as good as the original's, but still.

footage starts at 7:16

footage starts at 7:33
99tones.jpg

the above is the stepping tones

Wow. That is legitimately impressive (except the ride...). And I am one who wants to have Dreamfinder back!

disney1023

I was watching this livestream, and asked if Imagination would be replaced (since the guy they met up with knows some things about Disney's future), and they said it will in time for the 40th, followed by him muttering what sounded like "It's gonna be something like the original". It's surprising that they would choose this path, but I would be happy to enjoy an experience similar to what you all experienced in your youth. How does everyone feel?

Good news!!! I found the time stamp. The Imagination question is answered at 55:20

Disnutz311

Disney World Purist
Martin,

Thank you so much for the video. It was my favorite ride in all of Disney World when I was a child and brought back wonderful memories. I only hope that what comes next can be 1/2 of what the original was. As a long time reader of this board, just not really a poster, I thank you for always speaking the magic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom