International Arrivals delay

WWallaceII

Original Poster
Hello everyone,

My wife and I are heading to Orlando in 3 weeks time and we've been advised by Virgin that due to on going works at MCO that we've to expect delay at international arrivals. Anyone had any recent experience with it? How much longer should we expect to wait?

Rob562

Hello everyone,

My wife and I are heading to Orlando in 3 weeks time and we've been advised by Virgin that due to on going works at MCO that we've to expect delay at international arrivals. Anyone had any recent experience with it? How much longer should we expect to wait?

I wonder if they're talking about the automated shuttle construction. If that's the case, then it's not much delay, it just means there may only be 1 train running on the shuttle. (Or in extreme instances and both trains are down, it means waiting for buses)

-Rob

UKDisney Dave

I don't think Virgin uses the gates where the shuttle is currently being refurbished, they use another set of gates, so shouldn't be much delay at all. However if you are able to us the automated gates (depends on passport type, and if you have recently been to USA before I think) then you should use those - always save me a good deal of time. Worth checking out the MCO airport website, as that tells you the specifics for who can use these gates off international flights.

nickys

Premium Member
I don't think Virgin uses the gates where the shuttle is currently being refurbished, they use another set of gates, so shouldn't be much delay at all. However if you are able to us the automated gates (depends on passport type, and if you have recently been to USA before I think) then you should use those - always save me a good deal of time. Worth checking out the MCO airport website, as that tells you the specifics for who can use these gates off international flights.

You found the new machine system to be quicker? We found it far slower. Flew in direct at Christmas. You had groups gathered round each machine, everyone to scan passport, every finger, answer the questions. Virtually every group needed assistance at some point. And then you still had to wait for the immigration desk. At least before, when you walked forward you were done. This was double queueing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom