"Pssst, I heard....."

Mouse Trap

There is no way shrek is safe unless dreamworks releases a new one in theaters. Universal is all about new movies, the only exceptions being jurassic park, et, the mummy, and the various walk around characters

There's an attraction based off a much older film that has flopped with every revival attempt right in that area.

Last edited:

JT3000

There is no way shrek is safe unless dreamworks releases a new one in theaters. Universal is all about new movies, the only exceptions being jurassic park, et, the mummy, and the various walk around characters

Terminator? Simpsons? Men In Black? Universal isn't all about new properties. IOA has some really old ones. The reason USF is mostly newer stuff is because the attractions themselves skew towards being newer. While I believe Shrek 4D should go, it's still a household name franchise and I wouldn't be surprised if it had a presence in the new park even without a new release, especially with them now owning Dreamworks Animation. It wouldn't bother me if the ogre left entirely though. The Internet has permanently ruined him for me. :in pain:

Last edited:

Disneyhead'71

Original Poster
If what I'm told is true, Shrek won't be "fixed" first.
I'm hearing the same thing. I believe T2 will be closing sooner than Shrek. And the replacement project less involved, so it should be a relative quick turn around compared to Shrek's replacement. Which will be an entirely new build.

Universal is trying to shove in a lot of things, large and small, before Nintendo. Things happen at the FFL theater too.

JoeCamel

I'm hearing the same thing. I believe T2 will be closing sooner than Shrek. And the replacement project less involved, so it should be a relative quick turn around compared to Shrek's replacement. Which will be an entirely new build.

Universal is trying to shove in a lot of things, large and small, before Nintendo. Things happen at the FFL theater too.
It is on the UO site that T2 will close 10/8 for a live action show

Figment82

I am so bummed about T2. I really like the show, and I've never seen a Terminator movie! It was just a unique experience, with the blend of live actors, AAs, and a video that was like a mini movie rather than the typical "oops, something went wrong!"

Although, when we saw it on Monday, and half the AAs at the beginning weren't firing and the motorcycle wasn't working. I guess it's time has come. I hope I get another chance to make it over there in the next month.

Mouse Trap

Every decision before Ninetendo's opening is basically being made in preparation for SWL.

Disneyhead'71

Original Poster
Every decision before Ninetendo's opening is basically being made in preparation for SWL.
I think this, and Shrek are more to balance out the park roster. EVERYONE thinks the park is too 3D heavy and we still have F&F too go. Potter and Nintendo are doing the heavy lifting in regards to SWL.

Disneyhead'71

Original Poster
Secret footage of Universal Creative hard at work on one of the scenes for a new "Secret" project. They can be sneaky, but don't be fooled. It's not for a new jaws attraction.

Right now it's kind of boring. They are using a real cat for the test. It will be much better when it's replaced with a more realistic looking AA.

TwilightZone

Terminator? Simpsons? Men In Black? Universal isn't all about new properties. IOA has some really old ones. The reason USF is mostly newer stuff is because the attractions themselves skew towards being newer. While I believe Shrek 4D should go, it's still a household name franchise and I wouldn't be surprised if it had a presence in the new park even without a new release, especially with them now owning Dreamworks Animation. It wouldn't bother me if the ogre left entirely though. The Internet has permanently ruined him for me. :in pain:
My line of thinking is that those are still technically new. Terminator had a sequel last year, the simpsons continues to make new episodes, and there's a 22 jump street and men and black crossover supposedly happening. Though then again terminator was announced to close, so what do I know.:p
Edit: don't worry the internet ruined shrek for me too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom