TSA & Fish Extenders

ParksAndPixels

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Hey all, sorry to start a thread for this but the forum is probably my best resource for this answer. We were planning on only bringing two carry on bags this time, but it just dawned on me. We use a 1/4" rope to hang our FE outside our room. It's definitely secured to the rod but I was wondering if anyone know if this would be an issue in a carry on, boarding a plane?

Phonedave

Hey all, sorry to start a thread for this but the forum is probably my best resource for this answer. We were planning on only bringing two carry on bags this time, but it just dawned on me. We use a 1/4" rope to hang our FE outside our room. It's definitely secured to the rod but I was wondering if anyone know if this would be an issue in a carry on, boarding a plane?

I give the sandard TSA disclaimer - you never know.

However, having said that, you should be fine. I apparently have an obsession with rope (or so says my family). I usualy carry a 6' length of rope (para cord or similar) in my bag - it comes in handy for a whole load of things when traveling. I have had it in my computer bag as well, when traveling for work. I have never been questioned. Not to mention, my computer bad has a load of power cords in it as well, which are rope like. Come to think of it, I am sure many people have those para cord bracelets and they go through TSA as well.

-dave

ParksAndPixels

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I give the sandard TSA disclaimer - you never know.

However, having said that, you should be fine. I apparently have an obsession with rope (or so says my family). I usualy carry a 6' length of rope (para cord or similar) in my bag - it comes in handy for a whole load of things when traveling. I have had it in my computer bag as well, when traveling for work. I have never been questioned. Not to mention, my computer bad has a load of power cords in it as well, which are rope like. Come to think of it, I am sure many people have those para cord bracelets and they go through TSA as well.

-dave

Yeah, thought when you start thinking about it there are many potential risks onboard still actually... we just returned from our cruise #StupidHurricaneIrma . We ended up taking a checked bag anyway due to needed extra clothing, shoes etc for Remy...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom