Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

No Name

so Magic Kingdom by that definition isn't really a theme park.

The magic kingdom is a mid-century americana view of present, past, fantasy, and future, which fit like pieces of puzzle.

Pandora, Africa, Asia, and Indiana Jones Land do not. Hollywood Blvd., Sunset Blvd., Muppet Courtyard / Grand Avenue, Toy Story Land, and Star Wars Land do not.

Last edited:

Timothy_Q

so Magic Kingdom by that definition isn't really a theme park.
Magic Kingdom is a second incarnation of Disneyland, which when built didn't need a single unifying theme because it was the first one its kind.

Disneyland is basically popular themes and ideas that existed in the 50s. So Disneyland is kind of a representation of mid century americana.

bclane

I'm starting to wonder if the new Indiana Jones movie they have brewing somehow involves Indy encountering dinosaurs as a major plot point. If that is true, I could see them keeping it a dinosaur themed land and somehow shoehorning in an Indy ride based on the new movie. Otherwise, I have no idea why they wouldn't just put this in DHS.

SplashJacket

What I have yet to comprehend is the sacredness of Epcot and Animal Kingdom. Anyone who has ever ridden both Dinosaur and Indiana Jones knows which the far superior is. Dinoland USA was a filler for the "Park" hardly capable of that title. Although Imagineering has been reluctant to release rides with original concepts, you must understand that using an IP with proven success will prove to have successful results. The expansions of Epcot are just that Expansions, besides the long awaited sacrifice of Ellen's Energy Adventure.I have always been a fan of The Great Movie Ride, though I know the replacement will be worthy. Back to the original topic of Animal Kingdom. The argument that the tribute to the extinct species also become extinct is no dishonoring. Past. Present. Fantasy. Is something I have seen mentioned. Past - Dinosaur. Present - Safari, Rafiki, and other Animal exhibits. Fantasy - weird blue dudes who get frisky with a flying rhino. It will not break the theming, instead of further you in. Imagine walking up to a temple covered in moss, merging the trees, and the heavily taken wear of erosion. Have a few easter eggs such as fossils. When I walk in Dinoland wonder if I went to a bad festival with a partial Zoo, and a museum. IPs are fine if used properly. Frozen was not. Guardians should be in Tomorrowland and Tron - an IP in Epcot. EPCOT name was dropped down to Epcot signifying it was a name, not Walt's vision, his froission never came to life. Although there are many ways they can renovate Dinoland USA which is by abolishing it and replacing it with something grander. Dinosaur is fine though it is just that fine, nothing great. For such an expensive and glorious ride system it should be in a much grander state. A massive Indy overhaul would solve that, it's the same layout. The only argument, in my opinion, is the suggestion of moving the idea to another park. But Dinosaur is lacking, the waits are significantly lower than Indy. Indy is a staple in Disneyland Park and will continue to be once Star Wars arrives.

FigmentJedi

tumblr_oup39tDYYE1sa3t1go1_540.jpg

Timothy_Q

What I have yet to comprehend is the sacredness of Epcot and Animal Kingdom. Anyone who has ever ridden both Dinosaur and Indiana Jones knows which the far superior is. Dinoland USA was a filler for the "Park" hardly capable of that title. Although Imagineering has been reluctant to release rides with original concepts, you must understand that using an IP with proven success will prove to have successful results.

1- The sacredness of AK and EPCOT is that they were designed as great parks. EPCOT has been turned to and people don't want the same to happen to AK. Not that hard to understand.

2- IJA being superior seems to be the consensus. Tower of Terror is also superior to SGE, doesn't mean it should go there.

3- "using an IP with proven success will prove to have successful results" Because PotC, HM, Space, BTMR, Soarin, Everest are all such big failures despised by everyone?

SplashJacket

1- The sacredness of AK and EPCOT is that they were designed as great parks. EPCOT has been turned to **** and people don't want the same to happen to AK. Not that hard to understand.

2- IJA being superior seems to be the consensus. Tower of Terror is also superior to SGE, doesn't mean it should go there.

3- "using an IP with proven success will prove to have successful results" Because PotC, HM, Space, BTMR, Soarin, Everest are all such big failures despised by everyone?

Seven Dwarfs Minetrain a sub-par D-Ticket has sky high waits (I understand the low capacity issue) whilst the mountains shine far superior. Original Concepts are gambles. Business wants certainty. Ctrl A Ctrl C Ctrl P much easier than *Right Click* Open Blank Document? While I was in DCA about to board Guardians I saw an elderly man with a leather jacket that lit up labeled "Club 33" started talking to the fine gentleman who was with another dude who was an Imagineer. As we continued talking he showed us some of his creations, and later on, they took us to Club 1901. My brother who I was with at the time said how much he wants to become an Imagineer or work for the company. The current Imagineer stated, "Imagineering is not what it once was, it has turned into the accounting department". WDW is a money printing machine. Universal adds expansions (Moving Movie Theaters) and it hardly boosts attendance unless it's Harry Potter. WDW has to add nothing and people go, now that the economy has recovered they are adding things, they will be there for years to come for us as the consumer to enjoy with our family.

Timothy_Q

Seven Dwarfs Minetrain a sub-par D-Ticket has sky high waits (I understand the low capacity issue) whilst the mountains shine far superior. Original Concepts are gambles. Business wants certainty. Ctrl A Ctrl C Ctrl P much easier than *Right Click* Open Blank Document? While I was in DCA about to board Guardians I saw an elderly man with a leather jacket that lit up labeled "Club 33" started talking to the fine gentleman who was with another dude who was an Imagineer. As we continued talking he showed us some of his creations, and later on, they took us to Club 1901. My brother who I was with at the time said how much he wants to become an Imagineer or work for the company. The current Imagineer stated, "Imagineering is not what it once was, it has turned into the accounting department". WDW is a money printing machine. Universal adds expansions (Moving Movie Theaters) and it hardly boosts attendance unless it's Harry Potter. WDW has to add nothing and people go, now that the economy has recovered they are adding things, they will be there for years to come for us as the consumer to enjoy with our family.
Cool story bro. You should try paragraphs sometime.

7DMT has big lines because it's the newest attraction in the park.
The other mountains are 25 / 40 years old and arguably still the most popular rides Disney has ever built, along with PotC and HM

cjkeating

Unpopular opinion: I wasn't impressed with Indiana Jones at DL.

I loved the main massive set and especially the fire, smoke and lasers, but I found the corridors (insects, tree branch, posion darts) to be lacking/cheap/unfinished/cheesy. And the hit rate on the boulder effect working was about 1 in 4. I also didn't like how your are obviously following following the car in front so there was no feeling of isolation or discovery.

rle4lunch

I doubt Joe Rohde would let this happen. AK is his baby. At least Avatar fit the parks message, and it wasn't shoehorned in since that message was part of the movie as well. While I love Indy, there's no message about conservation and not much to do with animals either. Indy should get his own land or at least mini land in Hollywood studios with a version of IJA and a boat ride.

Indy is all about conservation!
https://media1.giphy.com/media/mzpsYTndNYcVO/giphy.gif

RSoxNo1

Rhode made Pandora work. It was shoehorned into the park without his involvement or foreknowledge.
Rohde helped make Pandora a perfect fit for DAK. There are treatments for Indiana Jones that would work for any of the four parks.

A direct lift of Indy Adventure could be parachuted into DHS or Adventureland. In Epcot an attraction playing up archeology in South America (perhaps as an anchor of a Peru Pavilion?) isn't out of question. At DAK, the obvious treatment would be an archeology/paleontology angle.

lazyboy97o

Rohde helped make Pandora a perfect fit for DAK. There are treatments for Indiana Jones that would work for any of the four parks.

A direct lift of Indy Adventure could be parachuted into DHS or Adventureland. In Epcot an attraction playing up archeology in South America (perhaps as an anchor of a Peru Pavilion?) isn't out of question. At DAK, the obvious treatment would be an archeology/paleontology angle.
http://saa.org/ForthePublic/FunforAllAges/DoArchaeologistsDigDinosaurBones/tabid/1066/Default.aspx

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom