News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

trainplane3

I don't think I saw anyone mention it but the 2 middle cars were back in the loading and unloading areas. So I guess technically all 12 are out, but they're still only running 4 car groupings. Maybe they're planning on all 12 in use for tomorrow? Would be nice.

My ride yesterday was pretty full and everyone was enjoying it. Only saw phones out to take pictures.

Also, Imagination had a solid 20 minute wait yesterday. And on top of that, everyone was having a blast, some even singing! It really makes me wonder what their reaction would be with a properly redone Imagination...

SpaceMountain77

They should have kept Energy open until the eclipse and then announce it had closed due to the lack of sunshine.

No, the Universe of Energy should have remained open while the roller coaster and its housing were constructed behind it. When it was necessary to connect the structures and theme the queue and preshow, then it should have closed. It took three years to build an entire theme park, including intricate architectural details found in the World Showcase pavilions, but four years are needed for a roller coaster that uses one pavilion.

trainplane3

No, the Universe of Energy should have remained open while the roller coaster and its housing were constructed behind it. When it was necessary to connect the structures and theme the queue and preshow, then it should have closed. It took three years to build an entire theme park, including intricate architectural details found in the World Showcase pavilions, but four years are needed for a roller coaster that uses one pavilion.
There, someone else read my mind.

They haven't even cleared or laid a foundation for the building yet. While Cedar Point doesn't theme their rides, they can toss up a large coaster on a peninsula in Lake Erie in less then a year. The new RMC Mean Streak is their longest project in a while and that is going to be a year and a half for what is heavily modifying an old structure for a new ride, oh while exposed to the fun Lake Erie winters. It's not a fair comparison but in the mind of someone that wouldn't know better, Cedar Point looks better at adding new rides then Disney.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
There, someone else read my mind.

They haven't even cleared or laid a foundation for the building yet. While Cedar Point doesn't theme their rides, they can toss up a large coaster on a peninsula in Lake Erie in less then a year. The new RMC Mean Streak is their longest project in a while and that is going to be a year and a half for what is heavily modifying an old structure for a new ride, oh while exposed to the fun Lake Erie winters. It's not a fair comparison but in the mind of someone that wouldn't know better, Cedar Point looks better at adding new rides then Disney.

Even worse, they haven't even started on the canal re-routing that needs to happen back there before the can start the show building.

trainplane3

Even worse, they haven't even started on the canal re-routing that needs to happen back there before the can start the show building.
Exactly! And that's what I kind of meant with saying foundation.

I said it before, they really want these two ride systems gone. And fast.

I'll say this, it better be worth the hype they're gonna drive behind it.

dreamscometrue

Both Tom and Joe are in the senior exec ranks. Tom is the lead on the entire Epcot project. Joe is the lead on anything to do with Marvel. Fun fact: not as well known as Tom having been part of the Epcot original team, Joe was on the opening team for Epcot as well, in the art dept, during his early years.

He worked with Herb Ryman on the Mexico pavillion.

From Joe's Instagram post...

Screenshot_2017-07-04-03-18-53.png

CanadianGordon

After reading this thread. I know for sure I rode this ride when I went to Epcot as a kid. I remember the dinosaur ride.

I really regret not riding it when I visited it a few years ago now.
I wish they were doing a proper upgrade and not a tear out and replace but this is the new Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom