Anyone want to speculate about Tropical Storm Emily?

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
It's only supposed to stay as strong as it is now 35-40mph winds. It will feel like a regular stronger afternoon thunderstorm (winds can get up to 40-60mph during those lol) but will be all day for a day or 2. Lots of rain and on the milder side winds. Milder for tropical type storms that is. ;)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The Weather Channel and local news stations will do everything they can to whip up the population into a full on panic. In the end you will see a lot of rain and some localized flooding, but rest assured that they will send a news crew out to cover every puddle and downed tree branch.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
The Weather Channel and local news stations will do everything they can to whip up the population into a full on panic. In the end you will see a lot of rain and some localized flooding, but rest assured that they will send a news crew out to cover every puddle and downed tree branch.

Yep that's about right! Lol It's nothing to fret about. Be aware yes..but go about the day/days as usual like any other rainy day. Parks won't close for this. :coldfeet::geek:

JimW

Premium Member

Bingo. I live in southern Pinellas County, which per the linked article "took the brunt" of the storm. As @sxeensweet mentioned, it was akin to our normal afternoon storms, just lasting longer. Locally, we got about 2.5" of rain, with western Manatee County seeing around 3.5". There was some localized flooding, but that is all starting to ebb now as well. I'm now looking out at blue sky, with a slight breeze. This is pretty much a non-event.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

Next thing you know, The Weather Channel be naming winter storms in an attempt to hype up every single weather event, no matter how insignificant or even normal it may be, so that they can keep eyeballs on the TV screens, websites, Twitter feeds, etc., which in turn translates to more $$$ for them. Oh wait...

Bottom line - Stay aware and stay safe. See, weather hypers? It's possible to inform people in 5 simple words, without non-stop hype 24x7.

I gave up on TWC being a true "weather service" a long, long time ago. Back in the 1980's, it was awesome, and one of the many things I looked forward to when vacationing at my grandmother's house in Sarasota.

Sonic Sunglasses

Next thing you know, The Weather Channel be naming winter storms in an attempt to hype up every single weather event, no matter how insignificant or even normal it may be, so that they can keep eyeballs on the TV screens, websites, Twitter feeds, etc., which in turn translates to more $$$ for them. Oh wait...
They started doing that two or three years ago. And you're right, it's stupid and pointless marketing. The local media outlets (I'm in the upper Midwest) only reference the storm names in stories belittling the practice.

JimW

Premium Member
Anyone reconsidering their trip? I'm going out Wednesday - Friday and don't want to get a bunch of rainy days at the parks
I think you're safe. Projections show the storm out over the Atlantic by Tuesday afternoon, and certainly away from Florida by Wednesday. You may have rain at the parks, but that'd be a function of summer in Florida, and not Tropical Storm Emily.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom