Trip Report No Sounds Like Summer? We'll JOURNEY Anyway! *COMPLETED*

It was this week last summer that @TrolleyFollower91 and I had an epic girls trip to WDW.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...e-july-journey-completed.917246/#post-7369605

On our first day we rocked to the music of DSB ~ the ultimate Journey tribute band ~ at the America Gardens Theater in Epcot. It was an event we'll always remember. DSB was the final band in the annual "Sounds Like Summer" concert series. The lead singer said the band was looking forward to returning next summer.

IMG_1332.JPG

And here we are.....it's "next summer."

But there has been no "Sounds Like Summer" concert series in 2017. :(
No DSB. :arghh:

Don't. Stop. Believin'.

Em and I refuse to go our Separate Ways. We have too much fun together. We have one last chance to do WDW together before school starts and by golly we're gonna do it....even without DSB.

Want to tag along?

Attempting a full-fledged LIVE trip report is daunting and difficult, so I decided to follow @TheMouseFan's lead and be LIVE-ish. Real time pics and updates to be expanded on after my return home.

Oh, and I will finish my currently-in-progress trip report. :D

Who's ready for Summer #2?
IMG_3160.JPG

We are!!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
We wandered over to the Yacht Club (no @fractal sighting) to check out the new Marketplace.

View attachment 218488

View attachment 218489
A quick service at Yacht was sorely needed and this is great!

You can say that again. I can't imagine any hotel without some sort of quick service for people who don't have a lot of time (or money--especially toward the end of their trip)! Plus, it's just the convenience factor of having it right there.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
The International Gateway entrance to Epcot is no longer as pretty as it used to be.

("That's what they call progress, Tuvalu.")

View attachment 218494

View attachment 218495

View attachment 218496
(For the unaware, this will be the gondola station for Epcot from CBR, Pop and AoA.)

Ugh. Yah, I heard about this. I think the gondola concept is kinda cool, but I hate the thought of more crowds now at the International Gateway. It's been so easy entering EPCOT there, for as many years as I've stayed in the EPCOT area. Not to mention, it's just nice to have some open SPACE that doesn't have anything on it . . . :cautious:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Oh no! So all those guests will be dropped off at the international gateway?! It used to be such a quiet, peaceful walk over from the Epcot resorts (my favorite) :cry:

Ugh. Yah, I heard about this. I think the gondola concept is kinda cool, but I hate the thought of more crowds now at the International Gateway. It's been so easy entering EPCOT there, for as many years as I've stayed in the EPCOT area. Not to mention, it's just nice to have some open SPACE that doesn't have anything on it . . . :cautious:
So sad that the International Gateway as we know it will be no more. :(

MinnieM123

Premium Member
So sad that the International Gateway as we know it will be no more. :(

I'm hoping that they can pre-screen the gondola people at their resort, before they board the gondolas. That way, the short lines we're used to, to get through to EPCOT, won't be impacted,--if that large group can just walk through a designated lane, adjacent to the bag check/touch point locations.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
It looks like you had another awesome day.I can't wait to read the Pirate Cruise stor. Will you finish your previous TR first before starting a new one? How much time do you have on vacation in Atlanta before you go home again?;)
I will probably finish my previous report first, since I need to wait for Em to send me the pics from this trip.
My Atlanta vacation will be three weeks long. :p

Zipadeelady

Thursday, July 27

Day is not starting off magical. We have NO WATER!! :jawdrop: :mad:

Called the front desk. "The hotel has no water. We are working on it."

WHAT??????!!!!!!!

No brushing teeth, no washing and most important....no flushing. :eek:

I think I preferred last night's surprise.
:depressed:

I hope the water gets turned on quick before the guests start turning on the CM's. I can't imagine all those people trying to get ready to go to the parks. Better go get some bottle water to brush your teeth.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom