News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

NobodyElse

Three years ago we went zip-lining in Costa Rica. I sure hope Disney has something else in mind. There were only five of us in our group, but it sure took a long time to get harnessed up and wait our individual turns! It doesn't seem like this type of system has a high capacity that everyone is use(d) to with the monorail and ferry systems.

;):banghead:

Maeryk

Three years ago we went zip-lining in Costa Rica. I sure hope Disney has something else in mind. There were only five of us in our group, but it sure took a long time to get harnessed up and wait our individual turns! It doesn't seem like this type of system has a high capacity that everyone is use(d) to with the monorail and ferry systems.

;):banghead:

Where on earth did you get "zip line" from? Or am I missing a joke somewhere?

NobodyElse

Look at the very bottom of their post, I do believe it was a joke.

Now, does anyone know if it's going to have air conditioning? ;)

Yes, it's a joke directly referencing something from about thirteen posts prior to mine. Also indirectly pointed at all those who can't be bothered to read the previous posts with their wealth of trust-worthy and likely plausible information.

Disone

Just saw someone post elsewhere that the CBR South station (the hub) will be accessible by Gondola only. Accurate?
I thought it was the north station, which I think will now just be the DVC station in the Caribbean Beach South Station will really just be the Caribbean Beach station. But I would assume they're at least be room for an internal shuttle at the South Station. So that once their guests can take the internal shuttle to whichever part of the resort they're actually staying at. But that's just my assumption.

Kamikaze

I thought it was the north station, which I think will now just be the DVC station in the Caribbean Beach South Station will really just be the Caribbean Beach station. But I would assume they're at least be room for an internal shuttle at the South Station. So that once their guests can take the internal shuttle to whichever part of the resort they're actually staying at. But that's just my assumption.

Its definitely not the Riviera station. It is a mid-line station, but I can't see them making DVC guests walk that far for transport. And if it was Riviera, they simply wouldn't put a station there at all.

You are correct with the naming though - the CBR South station is just CBR and CBR North is Riviera. Just wanted to get across which station I was talking about.

peter11435

It is a mid-line station, but I can't see them making DVC guests walk that far for transport. And if it was Riviera, they simply wouldn't put a station there at all.

If this were true it would be the CBR guests that would have to walk a long distance for transportation not the DVC guests.

Kamikaze

If this were true it would be the CBR guests that would have to walk a long distance for transportation not the DVC guests.

Right - if the CBR station was 'access by gondola only'. I was saying in that post that if the Riviera station was 'access by gondola only' that it would be inconvenient to DVC guests, and also the station wouldn't need to exist at all (since its a mid-line station - if they didn't want walk-ups, they wouldn't build it). They would definitely choose to inconvenience CBR guests over DVC, but I don't see them making either one a station without walk up traffic.

peter11435

Right - if the CBR station was 'access by gondola only'. I was saying in that post that if the Riviera station was 'access by gondola only' that it would be inconvenient to DVC guests, and also the station wouldn't need to exist at all (since its a mid-line station - if they didn't want walk-ups, they wouldn't build it). They would definitely choose to inconvenience CBR guests over DVC, but I don't see them making either one a station without walk up traffic.
Correct, I miss understood your post.

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
Did CBR have a true internal shuttle that did not leave the resort, or was it where you had to hop on to a park bus and get off at one of the other stops (like CSR)? Once the gondola is running, I can see a true internal shuttle working there. That way guests can take the shuttle to get from their rooms to the station and vice-versa when they get back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom