Rumor Brazil is the frontrunner for a new World Showcase Pavilion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maeryk

The project has been on and off for years. It isn’t about trying to suddenly scramble to attract Brazilians or even support a franchise. The pavilion is being built because the sponsorship money is now finally lined up.

Right. And brazilian tourism has been increasing for years, as well. It's a no brainer to court a steadily rising demographic like that. And the sponsors may well be brazilian airlines and such, much like wine companies and breweries were the main contributors to many of the original pavilions. (Morocco being the exception, which actually WAS at the request of the Kingdom, and who actually DID send his own artisans over to do the interiors on it).

Bocabear

A new country pavilion without an attraction is almost criminal... Bad move... World Showcase needs more attractions...It always has... they really need to concentrate on adding attractions to those pavilions that were supposed to have them before adding yet another country pavilion without an attraction...

Kman101

A new country pavilion without an attraction is almost criminal... Bad move... World Showcase needs more attractions...It always has... they really need to concentrate on adding attractions to those pavilions that were supposed to have them before adding yet another country pavilion without an attraction...

Yup.

Germany could use one (but we'd probably get Tangled, which I guess I wouldn't hate because I like the movie but no more princesses ...). It'd be nice if Japan had a beautiful mountain backdrop we could ride ;)

Sigh. The possibilities.

Maeryk

Yup.

Germany could use one (but we'd probably get Tangled, which I guess I wouldn't hate because I like the movie but no more princesses ...). It'd be nice if Japan had a beautiful mountain backdrop we could ride ;)

Sigh. The possibilities.

Biergarten is packed, constantly. I doubt very much if they are going to rip out that large a restaurant, that has that much traffic, to shove in a matterhorn clone in the space (Which was the original plan).

Kman101

Biergarten is packed, constantly. I doubt very much if they are going to rip out that large a restaurant, that has that much traffic, to shove in a matterhorn clone in the space (Which was the original plan).

No, they wouldn't, and I'd never expect them to lol. I'm sure there's a way to push guests around it for an attraction like they're doing with Rat but I'd have to look at aerials of the park.

Maeryk

No, they wouldn't, and I'd never expect them to lol. I'm sure there's a way to push guests around it for an attraction like they're doing with Rat but I'd have to look at aerials of the park.

Germany has quite a bit of elbow room.. behind the train display is open (a couple of support buildings towards the back) and it's wide open clear to the canal, behind the african trinket space.

Bocabear

plus there is an empty show building behind right now that was built for the river ride we never got.... the entrance to the attraction would have been straight back through the arch to the right of the Biergarten... if you look it's all there just walled up with a mural over it.
It would not even touch the restaurant...

aladdin2007

plus there is an empty show building behind right now that was built for the river ride we never got.... the entrance to the attraction would have been straight back through the arch to the right of the Biergarten... if you look it's all there just walled up with a mural over it.

this!!...well part of the show building was built but was never finished to its full size.

epcotWSC

I just want an Os Quindins de Yayá/Bahia ride. Do it Disney. You can get rid of the three caballeros ride in Mexico if you do a proper ride for this. Partying and dancing our way through Brazil.

bclane

"Africa" as a pavilion never really made much sense.. it's not a country. Besides, we got AK.. which far outstrips anything hey could ever do in Epcot. Jambo!
Not to be argumentative, this is honestly a legit question... I have never understood the idea that only individual countries should go into Epcot vs regions and I've often wondered where the single country idea came from. Is it just because most pavilions are single countries or is there more to it than that? We do have the U.K. Pavillion which in my understanding is a union of four different countries...so there is precident for more than just a single country. Plus it's World Showcase and not Country Showcase so that seems to allow for a broader interpretation of what can go into a pavilion. Anyway, i'm still hoping for a South Pacific Island nation pavilion with a Moana ride but I won't hold my breath waiting for it.

Timothy_Q

The show building houses a kitchen and offices. So it would affect the restaurant. Of course if they wanted to do it, it could be done. But alas

Maeryk

Not to be argumentative, this is honestly a legit question... I have never understood the idea that only individual countries should go into Epcot vs regions and I've often wondered where the single country idea came from. Is it just because most pavilions are single countries or is there more to it than that? We do have the U.K. Pavillion which in my understanding is a union of four different countries...so there is precident for more than just a single country. Plus it's World Showcase and not Country Showcase so that seems to allow for a broader interpretation of what can go into a pavilion. Anyway, i'm still hoping for a South Pacific Island nation pavilion with a Moana ride but I won't hold my breath waiting for it.

UK though, has a central government. "Africa" does not. From what I read somewhere, they did have a corporation lined up to deal with Africa, and then a lot of Africa starting arguing with itself, and instability in the region(s) made it a wise move to pull back. China manages to keep a pretty good public face on it's internal issues, but Disney might not want to have part of a pavilion sponsored or tied to say, Zimbabwe, where at any moment, bad things can happen to people, loudly.

I wasn't saying each one had to be simply one country, more that the concept of a continent doesn't quite fit in like the others do. In the end, I suspect it has more to do with what corporations they can get to sponsor, and how long a commitment (and realistically, how long that commitment would be able to be held against internal/external strife), than anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom