News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Ismael Flores

Too bad they can't reuse some of the dinosaurs and add them to an area of the train route that is heavily forested with nothing to look at.
Or move them to DAK and add them as props in Dino world

Maeryk

Too bad they can't reuse some of the dinosaurs and add them to an area of the train route that is heavily forested with nothing to look at.
Or move them to DAK and add them as props in Dino world

Anywhere but surrounded by similar vintage AAs.. they are going to look awful. Especially with real lighting.

montyz81

Just imagine, if you will, if Horizons was still around. Imagine how it would be dumped for some ridiculous IP. If I were to find a silver lining, we all remember Horizons as it was originally. There is no refurb that will taint our memory of that once great ride. In 10 years, the memory of UoE and then EEA and then GotGEnergy will begin to meld together making it difficult to clearly remember UoE no matter how many pictures we look at. So, again, the silver lining is the Horizons is the only 1980s ride in Epcot Center, that will always stay in our memory just as it was. If I were to pick between UoE and Horizons for this abomination that is GoTG, UoE would unfortunately be my choice.
Just trying to help people through this, if only just a little bit.

Maeryk

Just imagine, if you will, if Horizons was still around. Imagine how it would be dumped for some ridiculous IP. If I were to find a silver lining, we all remember Horizons as it was originally. There is no refurb that will taint our memory of that once great ride. In 10 years, the memory of UoE and then EEA and then GotGEnergy will begin to meld together making it difficult to clearly remember UoE no matter how many pictures we look at. So, again, the silver lining is the Horizons is the only 1980s ride in Epcot Center, that will always stay in our memory just as it was. If I were to pick between UoE and Horizons for this abomination that is GoTG, UoE would unfortunately be my choice.

I just rewatched the horizons vid. It's just as hokey as I remember.

The_Jobu

Well said.

giphy.gif

Dapper Dan

You forgot about World of Motion.

DisneyFan18

Didn't the latest installment of the guardians movie have a whole segment dedicate to energy. Rocket ends up stealing some pieces at the beginning of movie and therefore start a war which is why they are being hunted. I wonder if there could be some kind of reference to that in this new ride

It would be an interesting concept using Ayesha and her people against the Guardians during the ride. I guess that as long as they use the energy theme, it could work. However, I believe that they are sort of trying to tie all the Marvel related rides in some sort of universe, that's why I proposed it as a continuation to Mission Breakout.

Wsny11

My memories of Epcot as a child are why it's still my favorite park today. The problem, today, is that the park is dying. Too many poor decisions, too much indecision. Let's be honest, though. If 80s / early 90s Future World was still intact today with no changes but minor refurbishments and re- scenes here and there, it would be a bit of a joke to 97% of the public.

Everyone needs to leave the nostalgia behind a bit and realize that that original Epcot is long gone. Everyone needs to stop writing off this ride as a travesty before we know a single thing about it besides the movie it will be themed after. If it were based on an old IP, everyone would be happy. It's a new IP, it's terrible.

I, personally, at this point, will accept pretty much anything new for Energy, Life, Imagination, The Seas, and innoventions as an improvement over what is currently offered. Id rather see new life breathed into the park than the pavilions I remember fondly rotting away or offering patch-work placeholder attractions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom