News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

rct247

Based on the concept art I have some questions:
  • Will we access this area from the far right side the current pavilion in the small courtyard to the right of the perfume shop near International Gateway?
  • The Eiffel Tower looks like it may be moved every so slightly, what will that be like?
  • Will the new quick service bakery and deli be completely changed to open out toward the new attraction or even serve as a walkthrough area from the old pavilion to the new part?
  • If most of the show building is in the back part of the expansion pad between France & Morocco (with it also possibly backup up into the Morocco pavilion), does that still leave room in between France & Morocco on the promenade for future expansion (something the size of the African Outpost)?

MuteSuperstar

IF IDF is remaining, then this is one of the best additions, because it is just that....an addition that can can manage the crowd better with two attractions, doesn't do any real damage to the creative or thematic integrity of the area in my opinion (I mean really....we are visiting France, so ok here's a little taste of DLP), fits well with the Food and Wine Festival, AND pleases those who want something new with a slight thrill factor and those who want to indulge in some nostalgia and sedate entertainment (that they don't have to book 60 days in advance). This is an example of what so many of us have wanted to see for so long in so many other areas. New stuff, even some IP based? Sure. But not at the expense of attractions that people know and love and can enjoy without health warnings or height requirements. Well done (again ONLY if IDF remains, updated film or not).

(Same goes for Tron as long as the Speedway is staying in some form. And an arcade returning to the area would be nice).

Last edited:

Pedro Soto

Yeah, seems to match up quite nicely with the existing rear of the pavilion. My big question is what is the structure that I marked as "D"? It looks like the structure already exists, but in the concept, it almost looks like a train/trolley station leading into a tunnel...
View attachment 215756
Awesome job, was a little confused on where everything went layout wise but now

Madame Medusa

There's literally no research or development or creative "imagineering" necessary. It's just a matter of cloning and assembling the pieces.

Houses are constructed by small companies in a matter of weeks, there's no reason this small ride consisting mostly of SCREENS has to take years to assemble by one of the biggest corporations in the world.

It's lazy and a slap in the face. We've already been waiting decades for something new to this section of the park so the least they could do is get things up in a hurry if it's just a carbon copy of an already existing ride. It'd ease the pain of not announcing the Brazilian pavilion as well.

lazyboy97o

There's literally no research or development or creative "imagineering" necessary. It's just a matter of cloning and assembling the pieces.

Houses are constructed by small companies in a matter of weeks, there's no reason this has to take years to assemble by one of the biggest corporations in the world.

It's lazy and a slap in the face. We've already been waiting decades for something new to this section of the park so the least they could do is get things up in a hurry if it's just a carbon copy of an already existing ride. It'd ease the pain of not announcing the Brazilian pavilion as well.
When was the last time you put together a set of construction documents?

aladdin2007

Based on the concept art I have some questions:
  • Will we access this area from the far right side the current pavilion in the small courtyard to the right of the perfume shop near International Gateway?
  • The Eiffel Tower looks like it may be moved every so slightly, what will that be like?
  • Will the new quick service bakery and deli be completely changed to open out toward the new attraction or even serve as a walkthrough area from the old pavilion to the new part?
  • If most of the show building is in the back part of the expansion pad between France & Morocco (with it also possibly backup up into the Morocco pavilion), does that still leave room in between France & Morocco on the promenade for future expansion (something the size of the African Outpost)?

this...im still confused by the concept art layout/view even though some you labeled things and pointed things out. im not seeing where the new queue connects to the showbuilding without walking outside.

Madame Medusa

Better question: Why has a Ratatouille attraction taken so long to build, when the movie came out a decade ago?
Exactly. This is LONG overdue, hence the timeline of this attraction being even more offensive.

Construction contracts could have been secured during all that time. The only thing that needs to be "public" is the actual construction, which could be done in a couple months considering it's a clone of a small ride consisting mostly of television screens.

FettFan

P.S. I still want a Studio Ghibli/Totoro ride at the Japan Pavilion and the Rhine River Cruise in Germany.
lokxatiqsvc87zfm3mqr.jpg

4562298-16655044-thumbnail.jpg

Madame Medusa

Are you dumb? Attractions can't just be thrown together in months, regardless of it's a clone. Sometimes the trolling on this forum is too much to handle.
I don't actually expect it up by the fall, but it would be possible if they really decided to do that. But it should be ready by the start of the new year at least.

This ride has been a no brainer for years. It's poor planning at best.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom