Explain it: Sound Effects in Stretching Room of HM

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Original Poster
I'll award 100 fictional points to anyone that can explain "the reasoning" behind the sound effects heard in the Stretching Room after the Ghost Host suicide reveal, right before the doors open.

I'll award another 100 fictional points to anyone that can come up with a better audio-narrative using new sound effects.

I'm just genuinely perplexed by this scene in the mansion and can't really figure it out.

While we're talking, I've got a question or two for you: How would you make the concept more complete without being too macabre? What would you do to make the events after the Ghost Host reveal more impactful.

I know Chit Chat forum is generally more for non-Disney discussions but because this is more of a one-on-one topic I thought it best to debate this scene here. I don't really "get" it. Do you?

Goofyernmost

What sound effects in the stretching room? Other then the voice speaking the only sound heard would be the scream at the ending. I have to ask did you look up and see what was there? That might be why you didn't understand the sound. I am not faulting you, I never really was aware to look up until at least my second visit. However, that is, according to the voice, the only way out of that room.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Original Poster
What sound effects in the stretching room? Other then the voice speaking the only sound heard would be the scream at the ending. I have to ask did you look up and see what was there? That might be why you didn't understand the sound. I am not faulting you, I never really was aware to look up until at least my second visit. However, that is, according to the voice, the only way out of that room.

No. No. I know to look up! lol

//Although you'd be surprised to see how many don't, that in itself is a problem. That very same "look here" problem also plagues Philharmagic when Donald whizzes past and crashes into the brick wall behind us. Something to do wit the audio-cues alone not being able to convey direction//

It's the scream however and the clunk sound effect that doesn't make any sense to me.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

No. No. I know to look up. (Although you'd be surprised to see how many don't) It's the scream itself and then the clunk sound effect that doesn't make sense to me.
I always figured that it was the sound of you might hear if the trap door opened and a person dropped while being hung. Really just a sound to bring your attention upward, but, connected with hanging. The scream was for a fearful reaction to it. It is a simple thing and shouldn't be overthought as are a lot of things in Disney.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Original Poster
I always figured that it was the sound of you might hear if the trap door opened and a person dropped while being hung. Really just a sound to bring your attention upward, but, connected with hanging. The scream was for a fearful reaction to it. It is a simple thing and shouldn't be overthought as are a lot of things in Disney.

hmm. I guess. I just don't think it works as intended.

Bairstow

If you stay in the room long enough after the door opens again, you can hear the gargoyles start to whisper to each other.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom