Some Grand Floridian Resort restaurants closed this week

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I don't know if anyone is saying they have major healthcode violations. As has been mentioned, there are many other things that would necessitate closing the kitchens that are not health violations per se.

Again, needing to shut down water or waste systems for maintenance, discovering that fire suppression systems or equipment is not up to code, exhaust system fans are failing to operate to specifications, gas lines need to be replaced, etc.

Those are not things you would see on the typical health dept. inspection reports, but are important issues that would be need to addressed promptly.

I agree. I was just staying that if it was health code related, the local media would be reporting it.

rob0519

OMG! A restaurant is closing for one day of maintenance. The sky is falling! The sky is falling!
Why should anyone care about why? Do your neighbors all stand around on the corner and talk about what's going on in your house when a Plumber's truck pulls into your driveway? I think not.

ABQ

Or simply Disneys big data systems saying its not profitable to open the restaurants those days.
Oh come on. Surely you've mentioned before how low the wages are for the staff. Knowing that, if they sit even 5 guests, they probably make a profit with the exorbitant prices they charge. :p

ninjaprincesst

OMG! A restaurant is closing for one day of maintenance. The sky is falling! The sky is falling!
Why should anyone care about why? Do your neighbors all stand around on the corner and talk about what's going on in your house when a Plumber's truck pulls into your driveway? I think not.
Kind of is a big deal if your one of those people who has had an ADR for 6 months then at the last minute, oops it's closed with no decent replacements available and kids who thought they were getting a character meal and now more than likely will be stuck with quick service and no characters

rob0519

Kind of is a big deal if your one of those people who has had an ADR for 6 months then at the last minute, oops it's closed with no decent replacements available and kids who thought they were getting a character meal and now more than likely will be stuck with quick service and no characters

I would be willing to bet the mortgage payment that no one is losing a character meal for quick service. They may get a different characters at a different location or the same characters at a different location. If Disney cancelled your reservation, they will fix it, some how, some way. I thought everyone here has eternal faith in Disney doing the right thing.?

My point is people here get their shorts in bunch needing to know why a restaurant closed for maintenance, why some QS locations use different size cups for free water, etc...etc... The why really doesn't matter. There will be disappointment, yes. How it's remediated is much more important than why.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I would be willing to bet the mortgage payment that no one is losing a character meal for quick service. They may get a different characters at a different location or the same characters at a different location. If Disney cancelled your reservation, they will fix it, some how, some way. I thought everyone here has eternal faith in Disney doing the right thing.?

My point is people here get their shorts in bunch needing to know why a restaurant closed for maintenance, why some QS locations use different size cups for free water, etc...etc... The why really doesn't matter. There will be disappointment, yes. How it's remediated is much more important than why.

Gee, I'd be a tad ticked if I arrived at the GF today and had an ADR tomorrow at GF Cafe and 24 hours before, I find out the restaurant is closed. And the alternatives are two Signatures and V&A......and would want to know why...

I hope Disney has notified guests that their ADRs are cancelled and will make every effort to accommodate them elsewhere.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Oh come on. Surely you've mentioned before how low the wages are for the staff. Knowing that, if they sit even 5 guests, they probably make a profit with the exorbitant prices they charge. :p

Here's the thing for big data, while they might make a profit with location X open predictive analysis shows a larger one can be made by closing X and sending those 5 to Y.

Dynamic staffing based on big data is already a thing in retail where staff are brought in and sent home based on predictive tools.

Welcome to the brave new world of just in time staffing.

MinnieWaffles

Gee, I'd be a tad ticked if I arrived at the GF today and had an ADR tomorrow at GF Cafe and 24 hours before, I find out the restaurant is closed. And the alternatives are two Signatures and V&A......and would want to know why...

I hope Disney has notified guests that their ADRs are cancelled and will make every effort to accommodate them elsewhere.

It's not like you can't just walk around Seven Seas Lagoon and reach 2 other TS restaurants or take a monorail and reach 2 MORE TS restaurants....

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

If the rezzie kerfuffle at CRT in January was any indicator 'it sucks to be you', Have a Magical Day will be Disney's response.

jakeman

Here's the thing for big data, while they might make a profit with location X open predictive analysis shows a larger one can be made by closing X and sending those 5 to Y.

Dynamic staffing based on big data is already a thing in retail where staff are brought in and sent home based on predictive tools.

Welcome to the brave new world of just in time staffing.
See below.

Nope it's maintenance work, nothing more.

Bob

B00b
Premium Member
See below.
cd92914a2bf2bdf79f91a99b91ce8e80--art-gallery-trust-me.jpg

Mickey985

What about something like the non-slip tile floors were so worn down that they needed to replace them across several kitchens? Flooring isn't something you can replace overnight. Someone may have slipped and fell in one kitchen, filed an OSHA complaint due to an injury and it was uncovered the floors at many resort kitchens were past their prime.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom