2017 Universal Trip

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Oh no! Last day!! :in pain:

This has been really fun following along. Your photos of Universal were interesting to view, as I've not been there since UNI opened--back in 1990!! Dramatic changes and additions have come along since then.

I was also impressed with the food photos. Uni has come a long way!!

Have a safe ride home with the family, and again, thank you very much for all your trip comments and wonderful pictures.

trr1

Original Poster
Day 9
Homeward bound part 1

We got up at 6 am, made a mad rush to get the gang going to leave by 7 am. We checked out at 645 am and were on the road by 7:)! It was partly cloudy and the temp was 75 degrees. We left Florida
ry%3D400

and entered Georgia at around 950 am.
ry%3D400

We stopped at McDonald's around 11 am for lunch
ry%3D400

and were on the road again by 1140 am. Entered South Carolina around 12:15
ry%3D400

and passed by this town
ry%3D400

and there was some slow traffic at mile marker six but quickly we resumed normal traffic flow. Made a bathroom break at 1:47 pm and there were a lot of gnats there and we were on the road again at 2:03. We arrived at the Baymont Inn & Suites in Florence SC which is part of the Wyndham group at 3:05 to check in
ry%3D400

. we were able to get connecting rooms on the first floor.
ry%3D400

We went to Crackle Barrel which was right in front of the hotel at 4:00
ry%3D400

And I had
ry%3D400

and were back to the rooms by 5:15, to relax.

Last edited:

trr1

Original Poster
Day 10
Homeward bound part 2

We got up at 7, still feeling poorly. We had breakfast at the hotel
ry%3D400

filled up the car next door and were on the road at 745.the battery light came on so we had to have the charging system checked .We stopped at Blacks Tire and Auto service in Dillon SC. The alternator was going however they could not replace it as their mechanic was not on duty (wife had a baby the night before). So the gentle man sent us to the sister store in Lumberton NC, on the way we stopped to see Pedro at SOB for a few moments
ry%3D400
ry%3D400
ry%3D400

ry%3D400
ry%3D400

and we were back on the road to Lumberton NC by 915 and arrived at Blacks Tire and Auto service in NC
ry%3D400

and were waiting for repairs at 940. The car was fix and were headed back north at 1220. We stopped at Johnson county rest area in Selma NC at 146-200 to stretch our legs.
ry%3D480

We entered Virginia at 312 and filled up again
ry%3D400

(The wife doesn’t like the car to get below 1/2 tank). We finally got around Washington DC and entered Maryland at 617
ry%3D480

and stopped at the visitors center to stretch and use the facilities. We were back on the road at 7 PM went through the Fort McHenry tunnel at 715 very few cash lanes were open.
ry%3D400

Got off 95 in Northeast Maryland and headed to PA on route 272 and crossed the pa boarder at 810 and there was no welcome to PA signs.:( We were in Oxford PA at 815 on route 10 heading ever closer to home. We arrived at Valerie’s house and dropped her off and were home at 9 PM:)

There will be 1 more entry in this thread. That will contain my thoughts and other info

trr1

Original Poster
Worst part of the trip?
I would say driving around Washington DC both down and back also the bad thunderstorm when driving in North Carolina on the way down.

Best part of the trip?
There were so many but one of the Highlights was the meet and greet with @Eric1955 at Disney Springs.

Would you drive down again?
Yes I would but I would have to adjust the time around of leaving to avoid the traffic

What would you do differently?
Give my self-more time to explore the areas along the way. So I could visited my cousin in North Carolina. Met Vivian Howard of the Chef and the Farmer in Kinston, NC
Met Paula Deen at the lady and sons in Savannah GA. Spent longer than 10-15 minutes at SOB

Did you do every thing you wanted?

No there was so much more I wanted to do for example the shows in the parks, the blue man group
The music at city walk just to name a few.

Would you stay onsite again and at the same hotel?

Most definitely the free Universal Express Unlimited Pass the early entry to Hogsmeade, Diagon Alley and Universal's Volcano Bay and the Priority Seating at On-Site Restaurants made this a no brainer and the Royal Pacific was perfect.

If any one has any questions please ask

I gave you the good,the bad and the funny during this report. I hope you enjoyed this trip report as it was my first.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Worst part of the trip?
I would say driving around Washington DC both down and back also the bad thunderstorm when driving in North Carolina on the way down.

Best part of the trip?
There were so many but one of the Highlights was the meet and greet with @Eric1955 at Disney Springs.

Would you drive down again?
Yes I would but I would have to adjust the time around of leaving to avoid the traffic

What would you do differently?
Give my self-more time to explore the areas along the way. So I could visited my cousin in North Carolina. Met Vivian Howard of the Chef and the Farmer in Kinston, NC
Met Paula Deen at the lady and sons in Savannah GA. Spent longer than 10-15 minutes at SOB

Did you do every thing you wanted?

No there was so much more I wanted to do for example the shows in the parks, the blue man group
The music at city walk just to name a few.

Most definitely the free Universal Express Unlimited Pass the early entry to Hogsmeade, Diagon Alley and Universal's Volcano Bay and the Priority Seating at On-Site Restaurants made this a no brainer and the Royal Pacific was perfect.

If any one has any questions please ask

I gave you the good,the bad and the funny during this report. I hope you enjoyed this trip report as it was my first.
Well done, sir. Thank you for taking us along.

MinnieM123

Premium Member

My goodness--they really give their guests INCENTIVE to stay on property!!! :jawdrop: :cool:

I enjoyed your TR. It's fun to read impressions from different people, as everyone has their own slant on things. I also liked the details of the road journey, as much as the actual destination report.

And aren't you lucky--you also met a celebrity-- @Eric1955 ! :joyfull:

Eric1955

My goodness--they really give their guests INCENTIVE to stay on property!!! :jawdrop: :cool:

I enjoyed your TR. It's fun to read impressions from different people, as everyone has their own slant on things. I also liked the details of the road journey, as much as the actual destination report.

And aren't you lucky--you also met a celebrity-- @Eric1955 ! :joyfull:

Me? A celebrity? You know, I kinda like the sound of that. :joyfull:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom