Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic Commando

I mentioned this in the France thread, but Wonders of Life would be so relevant today if Disney just got off their butts to make it happen. Health (both mental and physical) is majorly important. From nutrition, to sports, to general exercise (like all those races Disney hosts....), to the very important discussion of one's mental health, health is everywhere. I think the line's a little fuzzy between The Land and Wonders for where food should be discussed (Living with the Land has the plants and the restaurant, but Wonders is currently the host pavilion for F&W and F&G), but with a little tweaking, there can still be a nutritional (and F&W) presence.

First things first: the circus theme has got to go. It's dated, and has nothing to do with the wonders of life (unless you count a trapeze artist doing flips 100 feet above the air without a safety net). I'm not sure how I would personally redecorate it, but it should look timeless.

Secondly, include a space for year-round cooking and baking demonstrations. Pass out healthy recipe cards. Encourage audience participation (idk, some lucky guests will assist in the safer aspects, away from sharp things and fire). This nutrition area should also include some games/activities based on MyPlate and serving sizes (I did 4H for 10 years, and while I always participated in nutritional judging and projects, I was constantly astounded about how we overeat).

Thirdly, bring back the exercise area. It should attract all ages. Bikes, trampolines, balance beams (not too high off the ground of course), and anything to test your speed. Kids love to find out how fast they can run or throw. This could also be a permanent residence of RunDisney, giving guests the opportunity to learn more about it.

Now, in terms of the attractions themselves, Inside Out is practically screaming to go into Cranium Command. It could have 5 stellar AAs, and it would be a hit. Big Hero 6 is the other recent film that could become a Wonders of Life attraction, albeit a ride. The Body Wars simulators would actually be a decent fix there, but a) they're gone, and b) I think Big Hero 6 deserves its own original attraction (and not the whip ride that is going to Japan).

The only thing I really cannot figure out what to do with is The Making of Me theater.
Jonas Rivera and Pete Docter literally pitched Imagineering on an Inside Out pavilion for Epcot. I would love to see Train of Thought and Stream of Consciousness rides. Stream of Consciousness was an unused concept from the movie. They could be elaborate, or all the way down to a Casey Jr/Storybookland level... they would be great.

http://www.slashfilm.com/pete-docter-inside-out-interview-jonas-rivera/3/

What is your dream Inside Out Disney ride?

JR: I feel, my dream?

PD: We have a whole pitch already.

JR: We have a whole pitch. Can I go into it?

PD: Yeah.

JR: My pitch is that I think this could be a pavilion at Epcot. You’ve been to Epcot?

Yes.

JR: You’ve got The Sea. Nemo’s there. So in The Land there’s a section called Imagination that’s still there and it’s still cool. [The character] Figment and all that. I loved that as a kid. And I thought, well, ‘We have the mind now.’ And we’ve sort of put visuals to it. And the Train of Thought.

PD: Yeah.

JR: It just feels like on a show with dreams, it feels like it fits. And so we–

PD: I think it’s gotta be the Stream of Consciousness ride.

JR: Stream of Consciousness, that was an idea.

PD: And you travel down it.

JR: That was an idea we didn’t put in the film. But yeah.

PD: It’d be awesome.

trainplane3

Jonas Rivera and Pete Docter literally pitched Imagineering on an Inside Out pavilion for Epcot. I would love to see Train of Thought and Stream of Consciousness rides. Stream of Consciousness was an unused concept from the movie. They could be elaborate, or all the way down to a Casey Jr/Storybookland level... they would be great.

http://www.slashfilm.com/pete-docter-inside-out-interview-jonas-rivera/3/
This is the IP I would be 100% fine about coming into Epcot. It'd bring a dead pavilion back to life and bring new rides or shows with it. But then again, I can only imagine how happy WDW is that they're saving money by not having to staff an entire pavilion. I hate sounding doom and gloom, but I feel like I need to look at the reason why it's closed in the first place.

No Name

Did a photo of the early morning height test balloons over Epcot for this project ever get posted?

While Steve reported it last July...
http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions...-plans-for-epcots-future-world-take-shape.htm

...he didn't have a picture. So, thank you for the picture!

Well, it's been a hit out in DLR - why not clone it at DHS.

Due to the different ride system (seperate shafts for scenes and drops), it would be impossible to clone at DHS. Unless they built a new tower. And that would be kinda weird.

geekza

I can just imagine the conversations going on in the former UoE building a few years from now.

Me: "Kids, I remember back in 1982 when this building contained cool robot dinosaurs and interesting films about energy. I'm so glad it's now a place where I can walk back and forth endlessly through switchbacks, pausing only occasionally to play a touchscreen game similar to what we play on our phones except with extra germs! Progress!"

Person behind me: "Me like fast coaster. *COUGH* *SPIT*" /Wipes loogie on $75 t-shirt he has purchased from the Marvel gift shop outside the ride.

po1998

Is this expected to be a coaster like RnRC from a thrill level? If so, color me disappointed. Another attraction(UoE...outdated as it is) that can be enjoyed by the entire family, replaced with a coaster targeting a smaller demographic. So there would be this coaster, TT, and Mission-Puke all on one side of FW?

I guess WDW just wants to keep up with their neighbors to the North in terms of keeping the teens happy.

Last edited:

Haymarket2008

Is this expected to be a coaster like RnRC from a thrill level? If so, color me disappointed. Another attraction(UoE...outdated as it is) that can be enjoyed by the entire family, replaced with a coaster targeting a smaller demographic. So there would be this coaster, TT, and Mission:puke all on one side of FW?

I guess WDW just wants to keep up with their neighbors to the North in terms of keeping the teens happy.

The exact trend that started the slow death of Epcot in the mid 90's.....sad.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Is this expected to be a coaster like RnRC from a thrill level? If so, color me disappointed. Another attraction(UoE...outdated as it is) that can be enjoyed by the entire family, replaced with a coaster targeting a smaller demographic. So there would be this coaster, TT, and Mission:puke all on one side of FW?

There will be an E-ticket all-ages ride added in France and a B or C ride added in the UK (which I assume is family friendly). So, there will be a net gain in family entertainment.

And I wouldn't exactly call the 42 minute very slow moving ride very kid-friendly. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom