Half Board Meal Plan

dave&di

Original Poster
Hi,
We've booked for June and have the 25% off package which includes Half Board Meal Plan, which allows us breakfast in the park at counter service restaurants, we also get dinner voucher, when we research it we can only see plans that include buffet breakfast in hotels. Can anyone explain how our vouchers work?

Tinkerkelle

Similar to us! Very confusing even after research!! It appears if you got the free dining you'll get a voucher to be used in the park for a counter service meal - drink and a breakfast item (many saying in cafe hyperion or cable car bake shop) and if you paid for a meal plan you get a hotel buffet breakfast. The voucher has a €9 value. There's confusion whether or not you can use the voucher to pay towards a hotel buffet breakfast.
I suppose there'll be more info on forums as people return from holidays?!!

Songbird76

My understanding, after calling and asking how the dining plan works there, is that when you check in, you'll get vouchers for each day and there's a list of restaurants where they are valid. I have the same deal you have, and I was told that we have our choice from more than 15 restaurants and that the voucher is for specific things, like either an entree, main course and drink, or main course dessert and drink. There is a value attached to the voucher, so if you go to a more expensive restaurant, you can use the voucher, but you will have to pay the difference. And as there are no free refills, if you go to a restaurant and you order a 2nd drink, you have to pay for that separately...same with appetizers or desserts...if you order more than what's stipulated on the voucher, you pay the difference. What I DON'T know is whether you can use your counter service breakfast voucher toward your hotel breakfast and pay the difference...you'd have to ask that at the hotel, I imagine.

dave&di

Original Poster
Thanks for the replies, hopefully it'll be clearer once I see the vouchers, a trip advisor post had a couple moaning they couldn't understand them and the hotel concierge wasn't helpful, they said they ended up coming home without using them!

Brummyboy92

Finding the organisation of my own trip very confusing. Im staying at the Aparthotel Adagio Marne La Vallee - Val dEurope, which seems to be on the official DLRP website. Ive not brought tickets for the parks yet, I was going to purchase the 3 days for price of 2 tickets, but unsure if any form of meal plan is included. Anyone have any advice on where I can book tickets with a guaranteed meal plan?

Sir_Cliff

My understanding, after calling and asking how the dining plan works there, is that when you check in, you'll get vouchers for each day and there's a list of restaurants where they are valid. I have the same deal you have, and I was told that we have our choice from more than 15 restaurants and that the voucher is for specific things, like either an entree, main course and drink, or main course dessert and drink. There is a value attached to the voucher, so if you go to a more expensive restaurant, you can use the voucher, but you will have to pay the difference. And as there are no free refills, if you go to a restaurant and you order a 2nd drink, you have to pay for that separately...same with appetizers or desserts...if you order more than what's stipulated on the voucher, you pay the difference. What I DON'T know is whether you can use your counter service breakfast voucher toward your hotel breakfast and pay the difference...you'd have to ask that at the hotel, I imagine.
I was just there on the half board meal plan, and it worked pretty much exactly like this. You could always use the voucher if you wanted something fancier or went to a better restaurant, you just had to pay the difference from whatever they determined was the face value of the voucher.

In terms of the breakfast, as far as I understood you couldn't use it for the breakfast buffet at the hotel. That may be a good thing, though, as the hotel breakfast buffets are both a madhouse and very underwhelming. That said, the park breakfast with the voucher was also pretty poor.

David Giles

I was just there on the half board meal plan, and it worked pretty much exactly like this. You could always use the voucher if you wanted something fancier or went to a better restaurant, you just had to pay the difference from whatever they determined was the face value of the voucher.

In terms of the breakfast, as far as I understood you couldn't use it for the breakfast buffet at the hotel. That may be a good thing, though, as the hotel breakfast buffets are both a madhouse and very underwhelming. That said, the park breakfast with the voucher was also pretty poor.

Do you know if you are able to use the vouchers for cash value at a cheaper place, quick service. I know it wouldn't be best value but we got it free and table service isn't ideal for us at the moment. Thanks.

Tinkerkelle

Finding the organisation of my own trip very confusing. Im staying at the Aparthotel Adagio Marne La Vallee - Val dEurope, which seems to be on the official DLRP website. Ive not brought tickets for the parks yet, I was going to purchase the 3 days for price of 2 tickets, but unsure if any form of meal plan is included. Anyone have any advice on where I can book tickets with a guaranteed meal plan?

I could be wrong but I think meal plans are only available to add on as part of a package when staying at an onsite Disney hotel. Your hotel is a partner hotel and does appear on the website but is not Disney operated. That's certainly the case at WDW.

Tinkerkelle

Do you know if you are able to use the vouchers for cash value at a cheaper place, quick service. I know it wouldn't be best value but we got it free and table service isn't ideal for us at the moment. Thanks.

Pretty sure you can. There are also several buffet restaurants included in the meal plan that may suit instead? Once seated you eat at your own pace. We really like Plaza Gardens and most hotels have decent dinner buffets.

douglasrickard

I could be wrong but I think meal plans are only available to add on as part of a package when staying at an onsite Disney hotel. Your hotel is a partner hotel and does appear on the website but is not Disney operated. That's certainly the case at WDW.
Yes, that's my understanding as well.
I've got half board plus btw and was told I could have breakfast at the Disney hotel I'm at. It also seems that the free dining offer and (maybe premium hotel dining plans) just include breakfast in the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom