CSR Construction

wwmmd

Original Poster
Has anyone stayed at or visited CSR recently? We have reservations there for September and while I don't think the construction will be bothersome to us I thought I'd ask how loud or inconvenient it is?

I'm debating on changing our stay to OKW, but can't decide.

Much-Pixie-Dust

I stayed there two weeks and it didn't impact my family at all. There wasn't any noise where we stayed, casitas 1. Couldn't hear anything at the main pool. You see the construction fences but that didn't bother us. We drive and one day leaving we had to wait about 3 minutes while they swept up a small amount of loose dirt that was on the road after a dump truck left. DH is project manager for commercial construction and he was impressed about how they were handling it all. Hope this helps.

Demeter Tess

We stayed in the Ranchos section in April. No construction noise that we could hear. Some construction fences up along the Cabanas walkway, but they weren't intrusive.

wwmmd

Original Poster
Thanks for the replies everyone and the video Buzz! I think we will keep our reservations at CSR. I actually am hoping to get a room in the Cabana's section since we want to be close to the main pool and also somewhat 'close' to El Centro. I have 1 daughter that really wants to stay here because of the colors and pool and the other wants to change to OKW because of the 'easy breezy' feel there. I can't decide. The only thing I'll miss if we stay here is the boat to DS since we will be visiting there at least a couple times. I do love the proximity of this resort to most of the parks.

RedDad

Smitty Werben JagerManJensen
Just stayed there a few weeks ago and were in Cabanas 8B. We had no issues with the construction at all. Cabanas is easily our favorite section, and CSR has become our go-to resort recently. Our 7yo daughter loves the pool, and it's hard to beat for the price. Bus transportation can be an issue at times - though it's only been a problem (waiting +/-30 mins for a bus) once out of our 3 stays there.

wwmmd

Original Poster
@Buzz2001 according to the video they are still working on Ranchos 7A. Is it expected that each building will take about 6 months to refurb? Just curious since I booked a water view room and want to stay in the Cabanas near transportation. Because of that I assume (hope) to get a room in 8A or 8B and you had stated in another thread that 8A is next on the list. Do you know if that is still the plan?

Buzz2001

Cabana 8a is underway and rancho 7a is open and booked. Many guests are getting those rooms.

7a took longer because of issues found once the rooms were striped of everything. cabana 8ais only two floors vs 3 for rancho 7a but they never know what hey will find that needs repair when they start the work. Like any home project.

Buzz2001

301dqnp.jpg

xn5c1w.jpg

flee80.jpg

2q16k8w.jpg

xkr4av.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom