Hard rock hotel mixed reviews ?

Spectro

Original Poster
ive been looking at TripAdvisor and what a bunch of mixed reviews this hotel gets. We are planning on a seven night stay before our Disney stay in September and as this is probably one of the last times we will do an Orlando trip as a family for a few years I want it to be as perfect as possible. Any ideas as to why people have different experiences here ? I've looked at photos location and it looks lovely to me. Only thing I think I would miss would be balconies which for some reason universal resorts don't seem to think important. I thought royal Pacific resort was lovely and also enjoyed cabana bay. This is a treat for us.

JoeCamel

ive been looking at TripAdvisor and what a bunch of mixed reviews this hotel gets. We are planning on a seven night stay before our Disney stay in September and as this is probably one of the last times we will do an Orlando trip as a family for a few years I want it to be as perfect as possible. Any ideas as to why people have different experiences here ? I've looked at photos location and it looks lovely to me. Only thing I think I would miss would be balconies which for some reason universal resorts don't seem to think important. I thought royal Pacific resort was lovely and also enjoyed cabana bay. This is a treat for us.
It is a good hotel. Some want to be rock stars and some are wannabe rock stars

Tinkerkelle

We loved it both stays. Pool is fab, The Kitchen does an amazing breakfast, staff were great and the theming was really cool. The walkway to the park is really pretty and takes no time and express passes are soooo good! Trying RPR for our next trip and worrying we might not like it as much?

JoeCamel

We loved it both stays. Pool is fab, The Kitchen does an amazing breakfast, staff were great and the theming was really cool. The walkway to the park is really pretty and takes no time and express passes are soooo good! Trying RPR for our next trip and worrying we might not like it as much?
You will like RPR every bit as much as the HRH

Glasgow

Our last two trips to UNI have been at RPR (3 years ago) and HRH (last year). RPR was a mixed bag for us - we liked the relaxed setting and ambiance but thought the pool area was just nice. Our trip was also tainted by having extremely disrespectful neighboring guests that stayed out late for HHN and then came back and made copious amounts of noise. I had to complain to the front desk and also bang on the walls - finally I had to confront them directly at 2am. Needless to say, not the most relaxing trip (that wasn't the hotel's fault .. but they didn't offer to move us or do anything else to help the situation either, which was disappointing to say the least).

Anyway, HRH has a slightly more amped up feel (see what I did there?) as the name would suggest, although once you get out of the main lobby the vibe is more relaxed. We found the pool area to be much better than RPR, with more beach/sunbathing space and also various quiet, secluded areas. Our kids (10, 7) preferred HRH as well, particularly due to the the afternoon pool activities which were very well done. We did, however, also have a parking issue where I was incorrectly billed (and had to return the next day and jump through some hoops to get a refund) as well as multiple problems with our door key, which resulted in several trips to the front desk and hours of being locked out of our room while maintenance tried to fix it repeatedly. This was a big inconvenience but I have to say that the staff went the extra mile to make up for our lost time, by giving us multiple free drink vouchers, two days of free breakfasts at the Kitchen as as well a movie kit with a free in room movie, popcorn and a candy package. All in all I think we got $250-$300 of credits on our bill - thats how you get repeat visitors, which is why we're returning this September as well.

I suppose the bottom line is that RPR is generally more relaxed, has nice restaurants and a more quaint pool area. HRH has a higher energy feel, fantastic pool area and great restaurants .. and is also a shorter walk to the parks, if that matters.

Spectro

Original Poster
Really helpful posts thankyou everyone. I think HRH is going to be perfect for us closest to parks and a theme my daughters will love. I will stay at portofino next trip,as I think the rooms are beautiful there.

danpam1024

HRH is our fav, and I'm always slightly bummed when we have to stay at RPR because of money or timing (no rooms). The pool is the best on property- there is no comparison, especially if you have kids. 91 days and we'll be there!

danpam1024

You will like RPR every bit as much as the HRH
I love ending the day at the Orchid Court- I wish HRH would do something like that with the "living room" space. Just sitting by the window, sipping a hickory smoked old fashioned, eating sushi.....perfection :)
I think that's the main advantage over the HRH. Honestly, RP pool is weak :(

Disneyhead'71

I love ending the day at the Orchid Court- I wish HRH would do something like that with the "living room" space. Just sitting by the window, sipping a hickory smoked old fashioned, eating sushi.....perfection :)
I think that's the main advantage over the HRH. Honestly, RP pool is weak :(
RP pool isn't bad, but is ALWAYS really crowded.

captainkidd

At Hard Rock right now. We love it here. Only issue is the AC isn't strong enough in the room. Oddly, you can turn it down 5 degrees colder than at the Polynesian, but it doesn't feel like it. All Resorts in Florida need to have ceiling fans and let you turn the AC to whatever you like.

JoeCamel

At Hard Rock right now. We love it here. Only issue is the AC isn't strong enough in the room. Oddly, you can turn it down 5 degrees colder than at the Polynesian, but it doesn't feel like it. All Resorts in Florida need to have ceiling fans and let you turn the AC to whatever you like.
Could it just be your room? Have you asked?

captainkidd

Yup. Called front desk and they came down. Had to adjust settings and vents, but seems to be better. We're in a deluxe room which is bigger and a bit oddly shaped, so some parts of the room don't get as much air.

Spectro

Original Poster
Enjoy your vacation ! I had a hard time deciding between a deluxe room or rock royalty . Decided to go with rock royalty for convenience.

21stamps

I have a question about the pool.. has anyone been to Hard Rock Hollywood (Florida). Is it the same as that one?

I've never seen the pool in Tampa, but I think it's similar to Hollywood as well.

sonoma15

I have a question about the pool.. has anyone been to Hard Rock Hollywood (Florida). Is it the same as that one?

I've never seen the pool in Tampa, but I think it's similar to Hollywood as well.
No, the one in universal and the one in Hollywood/Tampa are owned by two different companies.

21stamps

No, the one in universal and the one in Hollywood/Tampa are owned by two different companies.

Oh I thought they were all owned by the Seminoles. My player's level rewards specifically states that I'm excluded from free rooms at Orlando.. and a couple of others. Wonder why?lol.

I was just curious about the pool.. I absolutely love the pool area in Hollywood. When looking at Uni I like the more unique theme of RPR, but my kid is a pool fan.. so Hard Rock may win out.

sonoma15

Oh I thought they were all owned by the Seminoles. My player's level rewards specifically states that I'm excluded from free rooms at Orlando.. and a couple of others. Wonder why?lol.

I was just curious about the pool.. I absolutely love the pool area in Hollywood. When looking at Uni I like the more unique theme of RPR, but my kid is a pool fan.. so Hard Rock may win out.
The pool is nice, it has a bar, beach area, slide, and also underwater music.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom