PERMITS

SSG

Original Poster
Safety improvements in the Mansion:

Received BLD2017-02586 WALT DISNEY WORLD CO 1313 S HARBOR BLVD 3501 (Haunted Mansion) Disney - New Orleans Square - Haunted Mansion, Expanding room Fall Protection - Tenant Improvement: 1,450 s.ft to extend various maintenance catwalk platforms, ladders, swing gates, railings, modified openings.

TP2000

Safety improvements in the Mansion:

Received BLD2017-02586 WALT DISNEY WORLD CO 1313 S HARBOR BLVD 3501 (Haunted Mansion) Disney - New Orleans Square - Haunted Mansion, Expanding room Fall Protection - Tenant Improvement: 1,450 s.ft to extend various maintenance catwalk platforms, ladders, swing gates, railings, modified openings.

I wonder if @Kira Nerys approved that permit?

Ismael Flores

It's a bit funny that fall protection is being added to a room best known for a hanged corpse crashing down

It's funny that safety equipment for a an attraction that has been in operation for 50 years is added.
Seems like everything needs to be child proof now for adults. ;-)

George Lucas on a Bench

Is it closing?

The elongating stretching rooms are immediately surrounded by the building. If you open the doors or windows on the extended queue side, you'll see the back side of stretching room. Hopefully this doesn't cause horrid Club 33 style facade alterations... I'm worried now.

Last edited:

SSG

Original Poster
Upgrade to the cooling unit (which my friends at Google tell me a split DX system refers to).

Name: WALT DISNEY WORLD CO
Address: 1313 S HARBOR
Received Date: 06/26/2017
Parcel: 08219019
Description: Disneyland - Fantasyland - Small World Toyshop - Remove existing 0.75 ton split DX system and replace with new 3.0 ton split DX system. Provide new electrical power panel, concrete pad, and new split system change out.

TTA94

Any permits filed yet for the DCA trolly wires? Rumors seem to be strong with the idea of Paint The Night moving over there... except there is the wire issue.

Curious Constance

I think I was MiceAge who said they were going to budget money to enhance the wires so they could be moved out of the way for parades.

Just take the damn things down already. They are ugly.

nevol

I think I was MiceAge who said they were going to budget money to enhance the wires so they could be moved out of the way for parades.

Just take the damn things down already. They are ugly.
They're theming so I think they are kind of necessary to keep, especially at dca. The buildings in BVS are pretty bland. Wires on their own are perhaps ugly but they contribute to the overall effect of creating a more interesting environment.

Curious Constance

They're theming so I think they are kind of necessary to keep, especially at dca. The buildings in BVS are pretty bland. Wires on their own are perhaps ugly but they contribute to the overall effect of creating a more interesting environment.

I can't get on board with keeping something ugly just for theming purposes.

Speaking of those wires, I overheard a trolley CM explaining to guests that the wires give the trolley electricity to keep it running. Seemed kinda odd when they are just for show.

Curious Constance

I don't like how they get in the way of all the pictures you try to take in the area. And it does seem a bit overkill/weird to be telling people all day long they are used for electricity when they aren't.

TP2000

I don't like how they get in the way of all the pictures you try to take in the area. And it does seem a bit overkill/weird to be telling people all day long they are used for electricity when they aren't.

I've noticed the Trolley CM's do this weird ritual at the end of each line, where they disengage the contact from the overhead wire and swing it around the trolley to face the opposite direction. Then they can drive the trolley back upstream or downstream with the fake contact facing the right way.

And then, when you get on the trolley at either end-of-line station, they announce you have to sit there for 5 minutes due to "traffic", but if you talk to the conductor he'll tell you the real reason is that they are charging the batteries through a charging station in the pavement below.

It seems WDI thought a bit too much about this trolley thing. The wire was cute, but if it prevents cool parades from happening than it needs to go to Yesterland. And I'm not even a guy who like parades that much.

NobodyElse

We're getting away from the pure joy of PERMITS, so I'll add another observation.

I seem to recall a story about Main Street construction where Walt insisted on spending extra money to install buried telecom and electrical wiring. Despite being less historically accurate and arguably "in theme", he just thought it would look better.

We're almost approaching some sort of full-circle irony.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes

Bingo. If the wires weren't there then the trolley cars would just look like themed buses going up and down the streets. Having them there is that extra special detail that you'll only find in a Disney theme park. Of course some people just don't get it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom