2017 Universal Trip

trr1

Original Poster
Day 4

We woke up between 530 to 6 had breakfast and out the door by 7:15 am for Volcano Bay.
ry%3D400

Got to park around 745 and got the tapu tapu at 800 .
ry%3D400

here is the view after getting tapu tapu
ry%3D400

Connected my cc to tap and pay and had issues with connecting through the smart phone app got a locker then we settled in to lounge chairs, as DD could not get into water as she got the unwanted subscription to Satan’s waterfall and the wife kept her company.
Val, Justin and myself rode Krakatau water coaster, then Val and Justin rode puihi of the maku tube ride as I don’t like high places . then we rode the 2 lazy rivers twice by 1150. at 1150 we had lunch at kohola reef rest and social club
ry%3D400

BBq ribs,mango slaw,fried plantains and boniato mash
after lunch I kept Sarah company and Justin went to the lazy river while Val and Amy went to the wave pool (cold water) we left the park at 1 pm (park at capacity)
to go back to hotel to rest until 350 when we headed out to dinner in Hogsmeade. Water taxis stopped due to thunderstorms in area
Had to take shuttle bus.
loews-royal-pacific-resort.jpg

Upon arrival at city walk we had a heavy rain with thunder and lightning.
ry%3D400

we waited until it slowed down then donned our wonderful $.99 rain ponchos and braved the rain. We entered the park and rode shrek 4-D at 445 and at 513 we headed to diagon alley to board the Hogwarts express on platform 9 3/4 to Hogsmeade for Dinner.
ry%3D400
ry%3D400

at the Three Broomsticks we ordered the great feast for 4 son wanted fish and chips and Ice tea, Butterbeer and lemonade .
Huge portions enough for at least 6 people! it came with salad( that was left after we all had some)
ry%3D400
ry%3D400

Then amy ,sarah and justin couldn’t hang any longer(tired) and left for the hotel leaving me and my Girlfriend (S-I-L)to have fun!. Then we rode Harry potter and the forbidden journey
ry%3D400

then headed back to London at 753 via the Hogwarts express at Hogmeade station.
ry%3D400

We rode Race through New York starring Jimmy Fallon (Fun Ride).
636245011060954759-Jimmy-Fallon-New-York-ride-at-Universal-Orlando-7.jpg

around 830.after leaving Jimmy we walked around then hit T2:3D Battle across time at 9 pm.
images

We were not impressed with it as the 3-d didn’t work half the time. We decided to leave the park at 930 as the fireworks were cancelled due to not being able to due a safety test prior to the show and got back to room at 945.

Last edited:

trr1

Original Poster
Day 5 (short post)

I decided to take the day off and stay around the hotel while Justin and Val went to Universal studios.
At 1100 I woke Amy and told her to get ready for lunch.
We left the room at 1140 and headed to lunch at the Bula bar and grill which is by the pool.
ry%3D400

I had the Seared Fish Tacos and a Maui Sunset Colada it had
Bacardi Pineapple Fusion Rum, Passon Fruit, and Pina Colada with a Strawberry Meltdown
ry%3D400

, Sarah had the Korean Beef Sandwich and Amy had Chicken Fingers.
We went back to the room and relaxed until Val and Justin returned from the park .we left for Old Town at 233 and arrived at 300 pm
ry%3D400

we walked around and then left for Disney Springs.
ry%3D400

We arrived around 5 pm and parked in the lime garage.
ry%3D400

We went to the world of Disney and walked around the marketplace
ry%3D400
ry%3D400

. We headed to the welcome center so we could charge up the phones and wait for a scheduled meet up with Eric 1955.
ry%3D400

We met up with Eric at 7 pm and had dinner at the polite pig (sorry no picture of the meal). While we ate we had a nice conversation and visit, but unfortunately we had to leave early as my wife Amy had medicine to take. After saying goodbye to Eric at around 815
ry%3D400

anyone who will be Down at Disney should meet with Eric he is a very nice young man.
we went back to the hotel and were back in the room at 845

NYwdwfan

Day 5 (short post)

I decided to take the day off and stay around the hotel while Justin and Val went to Universal studios.
We left the room at 1140 and headed to lunch at the Bula bar and grill which is by the pool.
ry%3D400

Bacardi Pineapple Fusion Rum, Passon Fruit, and Pina Colada with a Strawberry Meltdown
ry%3D400

We went back to the room and relaxed until Val and Justin returned from the park .we left for Old Town at 233 and arrived at 300 pm
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400
ry%3D400

. We headed to the welcome center so we could charge up the phones and wait for a scheduled meet up with Eric 1955.
ry%3D400

We met up with Eric at 7 pm and had dinner at the polite pig (sorry no picture of the meal). While we ate we had a nice conversation and visit, but unfortunately we had to leave early as my wife Amy had medicine to take. After saying goodbye to Eric at around 815
ry%3D400

anyone who will be Down at Disney should meet with Eric he is a very nice young man.
^^^double like

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Day 5 (short post)

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I wondered when all those early mornings would catch up with you. It still looks like you had a great day.

I can't wait for them to finish the revamp of Old Town. Back in the day, we used to stay on 192, right next door to Old Town. It's tacky as heck, but still brings back great memories of the first two trips we took with our boys.

Before there was the DDP, there was Flippers, Checkers and Ponderosa. To this day, the boys still remember our Ponderosa server (from multiple, multiple visits) - a lovely lady named Ping.

@Eric1955 - straighten those shoulders! I'm glad you two were able to meet up. It's nice when you can stop putting finger quotes around the words "Disney friends" when talking to your real life family about our WDWMagic family.

trr1

Original Poster
Day 6

Woke up at 645 am and had breakfast. At 9 am headed to Islands of Adventure,
220px-Universal-Islands-of-Adventure-Lighthouse-9068.jpg

had a picture taken with Po.
ry%3D400

920 am on storm force accelerator for the first time, then re-rode it in a better car that really spun. Oh my god, really nauseating but really fun.
ry%3D400

Headed up and rode Spider-Man,
the-amazing-spiderman.jpg

and then Kong at 1045 am.
There were technical difficulties with the door in Kong and took 5 to 6 tries to latch it.
ry%3D400

On the way through Toon Lagoon met up with 2 other friends and had pictures with them.
ry%3D400

My daughter Sarah didn't like me with them.
ry%3D400

After Toon Lagoon went over to Velociraptor Encounter where it tried to eat Justin’s glasses.
ry%3D400
ry%3D400

we Headed over to Hogsmeade where we watched the Tri Wizard Spirit Rally
ry%3D400
ry%3D400

and the Frog Choir a half an hour later.
/
At 140 pm we exited Poseidon’s Fury.
upload_2017-6-29_22-40-20.jpeg
then towards Seuss Landing for lunch at Circus Mcgurkus cafe Stoo-pendous.
ry%3D400

and had this for lunch with water
ry%3D400

After that we rode Cat in the Hat
ry%3D400

and the High in the Sky Seuss Trolley Train Ride (beach side this time).
At 10 minutes to 4 we got in line for the Hogwarts Express going to London(it was really hot). At 430 pm we headed to the hotel for a bit before heading to dinner. Left at 715 pm for dinner and tried going to the Toothsome Chocolate Emporium
ry%3D400

but there was a 2 hour wait. But we met Professor Doctor Penelope Tibeaux-Tinker Toothsome.
she was one tall drink of milkshake!
ry%3D400

So we headed over to city walk where we ate at the Breadbox instead at 830 pm. I had a buffalo chicken sandwich,Tater tots and a Yuengling.
ry%3D400

Left at 930 pm and back into the room at 945 pm.

PUSH

I wondered when all those early mornings would catch up with you. It still looks like you had a great day.

I can't wait for them to finish the revamp of Old Town. Back in the day, we used to stay on 192, right next door to Old Town. It's tacky as heck, but still brings back great memories of the first two trips we took with our boys.

Before there was the DDP, there was Flippers, Checkers and Ponderosa. To this day, the boys still remember our Ponderosa server (from multiple, multiple visits) - a lovely lady named Ping.

@Eric1955 - straighten those shoulders! I'm glad you two were able to meet up. It's nice when you can stop putting finger quotes around the words "Disney friends" when talking to your real life family about our WDWMagic family.
Old Town Flippers is still worth it even with the DDP.

trr1

Original Poster
Day 7
part 1
We awoke at 7 I think I’m coming down with something.My throat is sore and scratchy and I’m feeling congested no matter how I feel on with the vacation. We headed to the Universal Studios at 820
And rode Minions at 845 It was cute.
o2000112213865083032.jpg

Next we rode race through New York with Jimmy Fallon again Val liked this ride a lot.
636245011060954759-Jimmy-Fallon-New-York-ride-at-Universal-Orlando-7.jpg

At 930 We had to do Transformers as I have never ridden it and I loved it. its like Spiderman
ry%3D400

We headed to Diagon Alley to walk around and take pictures
ry%3D400
ry%3D400

then Rode Escape from Gringotts at 1014
ry%3D400

we stopped by 12 Grimmauld Place and Justin knocked on the door
ry%3D400

and Kreacher peeked out the window
ry%3D400

Around 1115 we rode MIB
ry%3D400

after ridding we asked to due the immigration tour and see Idikiukup and Bob, Agent C took us to the control room,
ry%3D400
ry%3D400

we signed the visitors log. When we finished visiting with Idikiukup and Bob we asked agent C if there were any other areas with tours like this. .She informed us of a few so this is a secret so don’t tell anyone. .the mummy, Harry Potter and The Forbidden Journey” and “Harry Potter and Escape from Gringotts” rides. Simply ask for the “Castle Tour” (Forbidden Journey) or the “Bank Tour” (Gringotts). We went to lunch at the Toothsome Chocolate Emporium & Savory Feast Kitchen at noon and walked right in(score no waiting).
ry%3D400
ry%3D400

I had chocolate and stout glazed wings a sweet tea ant totchos to that we all shared both were very good
ry%3D400
ry%3D400

Sarah ha a french toast pattymelt
ry%3D400

Val had boston creme crapes
ry%3D400

Justin had chicken fingers and fries
ry%3D400

and Amy just had a chocolate espresso buzz Milkshake
ry%3D400

trr1

Original Poster
part 2
after lunch we went back to the hotel as the temperature was 91 with a real feel of 112. we went in the pool swam for a while then put our patties and the rest of our body in the giant human cooking pot with jets(aka hot tub).
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

We got kicked out of the pool at 4 due to a thunder and lightning storms in the area. We went to the room to change and decided where to go for dinner, we decided on the Islands dinning room.I had General Tso Chicken
ry%3D400

Val had a salad and Amy Justin and Sarah had the Beef Satay
After dinner Sarah and Justin went to city walk and Val and Amy were going to play a round of mini golf as I went to the room see above but they decided not to because it was drizzling.
Night all

Last edited:

trr1

Original Poster
Day 8
Last day at Universal

We woke at 7 and I was not well at all. Amy and Val went to Universal studios and Island of adventure while Sarah, Justin And myself stayed in the room and slept. Around 1030 Sarah went to city walk then met up with Val and Amy and they had lunch. They arrived back at the hotel about 2 –230. Around 3 a thunder and lightning storm rolled in and we napped in the afternoon.
ry%3D400

at 5 we went to Jake’s American Bar for dinner.
ry%3D400

We shared Crispy Calamari With Chili-Lime Glaze It was very tender and tasty,
ry%3D400

Amy had a Crab Cake Sandwich and a salad, Justin had chicken fingers and fries, Sarah had a hot dog and fries, Valerie had a Chicken Quesadilla with fruit and I had a Beef Steak Flatbread with Caramelized Onions, Blue Cheese, Cabernet Glaze
ry%3D400

(the only thing that I had eaten since dinner last night the portions were generous. Amy and myself went back to the room to pack while Sarah, Justin and Val went to city walk and the studios as the rain had subsided to a sprinkle.
We head home tomorrow

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom