Will DVC build in Pairs?

seascape

Original Poster
Now the The Walt Disney Company owns all of Paris Disney will they build a DVC? I am hoping they do and then build in China and Japan.

Jahona

I don't know the laws governing time shares in France, but if they have the land it's not a completely terrible idea. I'm curious of current DVC owners. If you could use your points towards a DVC resort in Paris, would that entice you to visit the park over the USA ones?

deix15x8

I used my DVC points to visit last year. Despite what everyone says using points for 5 nights at Newport Bay in October, paying for food each night, and buying 3 annual passes still ended up saving me a couple hundred dollars. Nothing I would consider profitable like the massive savings from staying at a DVC resort, but still not a loss. I would certainly love to go back and with how they reevaluated the points for this year a DVC conversion would certainly not be a good deal anymore. A DVC resort would be the solution and can now be done since they own the resort. The only problem would be the 6 month window to book outside your home resort. Traveling from the US we always book long in advance, nearly everything on the day they open. If we had to wait for the six month window their is a good chance we would not get good travel deals or lose money on travel because no DVC rooms are available. It's the same issue with planning for Disneyland (got lucky with 10 nights and no waitlist in 2015!), but worse since it's an international trip for Paris.

I've mentioned this before, but if they did open a resort in Paris I think it should be designated differently and be categorized with all other future international DVC resorts. The Walt Disney Company already purchases points that they then use to sell the WDW rooms on their normal site for cash. If they did a similar thing and had a portion of points at the international resorts open to DVC owners at the 11 month mark, and a portion of DVC points open at the 11 month mark for international DVC owners it would help with international travel planning and be a another nice selling perk for buying direct instead of resale. As I said I would love to have a DVC in Paris and be able to visit more often, but a 6 month travel window doesn't work for my long term planning (something DVC purchasers usually do since they opted for a long term vacation purchase).

Robbiem

I suspect if dvc ever came to Paris it might be from an addition to an existing hotel first rather than as a full scale resort, perhaps converting one of the lodges at the sequoia hotel or a wing of the Newport bay.

There is a Marriott timeshare very close to dlp yesterland has a very interesting article on it

http://www.yesterland.com/parisvillas.html

AndyS2992

Not a crazy idea but one of the many reasons the resort was in (and still is?) in financial diffficulty was that they built too many hotels when the park opened in 1992. I don't know what the occupancy rate or whatever of the Disney hotels are on average at the moment but I'm sure they don't need any more rooms added right now. A third park is contractually required by 2030 so maybe around then would be a good opportunity.

Stevie Amsterdam

Not a crazy idea but one of the many reasons the resort was in (and still is?) in financial diffficulty was that they built too many hotels when the park opened in 1992. I don't know what the occupancy rate or whatever of the Disney hotels are on average at the moment but I'm sure they don't need any more rooms added right now. A third park is contractually required by 2030 so maybe around then would be a good opportunity.
I'm not sure if they started building yet, but a new (8th!) hotel is coming to DLP. The working title is 'New Wave' and it's suposed to be similar to WDW's Art of Animation hotel:

http://www.dlptoday.com/2016/05/11/...on-resort-style-hinted-in-local-consultation/

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom