Rivers of America (plus Railroad & Dioramas) Re-Imagineered 2017

TP2000

Original Poster
After a day that was started by the Fresh Baked Disney Bears Without Day Jobs, or whoever they are, our favorite lady blogger has thankfully arrived with a far more gracious and refined way to end the first day of Tom Sawyer Island.

Some great views from the Island of all the changes still under construction around the Rivers of America.

Look for the beaver damage at 6:50. :eek:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 107043

Thank you for posting that, as they are so proud of being the "first" people on Tom Sawyer Island this morning.

What I'm equally fascinated by is a 40-something year old man who apparently has no day job, dresses like a 17 year old, and then broadcasts it on YouTube. But at least he was on the first raft over to Tom Sawyer Island this morning. o_O

I'm glad someone said this because I was thinking the same thing.

Kman101

I'm glad someone said this because I was thinking the same thing.

I don't quite understand the b/vlogger lifestyle. No one seems to have a day job, some spend EVERY day in the parks, and hoof it to the parks to cover every minute thing they open. It's gotta be exhausting. I love the parks but not that much LOL. I appreciate the effort some go through and I'm all for weekly park updates but I don't quite get it. I guess if I lived 5-30 minutes away I'd go more often but even then ... not judging, I just don't quite get it.

Curious Constance

Can't wait to hear your trip report!!
I'm planning a 168 hour vlog so get ready!
It won't just feature the parks either. I'll also walk you through brushing my teeth in the morning, dragging my two kids and husband out of bed daily, every single meal my 9 year old orders and eats one bite of, EVERY teenage snide comment from my daughter and lots more, so stay tuned!

jk

D

Deleted member 107043

I just watched an Inside the Magic video of TSI and was happy to see the water wheel on the mill is running again.

tirian

Thank you for posting that, as they are so proud of being the "first" people on Tom Sawyer Island this morning.

What I'm equally fascinated by is a 40-something year old man who apparently has no day job, dresses like a 17 year old, and then broadcasts it on YouTube. But at least he was on the first raft over to Tom Sawyer Island this morning. o_O
Exhibit A: Why people ask, "Why do you go to DL [or WDW] so much?"

This is disturbing.

But hey, the island looks great! Watch the video on mute. ;)

George Lucas on a Bench

Guess where I went? That's right: Tom Sawyer's Island! Couldn't find Tom Sawyer anywhere at all? Anyway, I didn't actually go there to see the construction or the island. And it's a good thing I didn't come for the island because it's kind of pitiful, despite its undeniably charming areas in the back. No more graveyard, POTC movie junk everywhere. Did Tom Sawyer team up with Jack Sparrow? Eh, whatever. You can say it's for babies or whatever, but the WDW version kicks its butt. It even has an area that looks directly at their Haunted Mansion.

I was there to photograph The Haunted Mansion from weird angles and I'd never done it from that vantage point. It was tough, since it's hidden behind a forest, but I got some cool ones. But I also checked out the construction, which I'm sure has already been photographed a million million times and we know has been filmed in VistaVision by that lady. The WDWMagic Forum is terrible for uploading photos, otherwise I would have just shared them all here. Sorry, our hipster Disneyland sub-forum on a WDW forum won't allow it. But here's what I got:

Ismael Flores

I'm planning a 168 hour vlog so get ready!
It won't just feature the parks either. I'll also walk you through brushing my teeth in the morning, dragging my two kids and husband out of bed daily, every single meal my 9 year old orders and eats one bite of, EVERY teenage snide comment from my daughter and lots more, so stay tuned!

jk

Lol, And to think there are people out there that get paid by sponsors just to film themselves opening up boxes of things they bought

GiveMeTheMusic

After a day that was started by the Fresh Baked Disney Bears Without Day Jobs, or whoever they are, our favorite lady blogger has thankfully arrived with a far more gracious and refined way to end the first day of Tom Sawyer Island.

Some great views from the Island of all the changes still under construction around the Rivers of America.

Look for the beaver damage at 6:50. :eek:

Beaver Damage would be a killer band name

cc: @Curious Constance

Last edited:

TP2000

Original Poster
Here's a fantastic Before N' After video from our lady blogger.

This is extremely impressive how in just one year they rebuilt the entire northern edge of Frontierland from 60 year old vegetation down to nothing but sandy Anaheim topsoil and then back up to what we see today.

Bonus points for Mr. & Mrs. Goose parenting their newborn back in May '16.

But I wonder if that little gosling grew up to become a rowdy teenager by '17 and was one of the crummy teen geese who crapped on all those tourists in front of the Castle last week? It can happen in even the best of families.

D

Deleted member 107043

I love how completely unbothered the goose family is by everything happening around them. :joyfull:

Stevek

Saw it today in person and the TSI is what it is...very surprised that a) the suspension bridge was closed and b) the interactive pirate thing where you pump the water out of the sunken boat didn't work...and it's been open a whole 3 days. That being said, I think the new shoreline with the DL Railroad will look quite impressive. We also took a walk through the new Big Thunder trail and it's beautiful...I think it will look even more amazing when the walls come down. By the way, my Father's Day Monte Cristo was amazing though my wife and oldest daughter had stomach aches almost immediately after eating. I had no issues at all.

D.Silentu

Hopefully they do reopen the bridge soon, it's such a classic element. Everything looks so nice that I feel like I'm splitting hairs here, but I can't believe the ceramic animals are back (The moose is a charter member and gets a pass)! I suppose I can live with them being stationary but I was hoping that they would add more realistic looking figures. Needless to say they were my least favorite part of the 2010 refurb, but really, everything else looks sterling!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom