Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Omegadiz

Coaster is a pretty close match to the concept art. Here is what the rest of the track appears to be.
View attachment 207254
It frustrates me how big of a footprint this really is for this land. I suppose I dont mind the land itself, but I'd hope when they expand (If they every get around to it) they'll edge out some of the north-east side of the land so it isnt a total waste of space. It just seems like whats being done in 11/12 acres could have been done fairly well in maybe 6 if they had a different coaster layout.

No Name

Wow, that was fast. The Happy Meal coaster is well on its way.

One difference I recently noticed between the first and second concept art is that the new TSMM queue extension building looks much smaller. Not just the entrance, but the building itself. I wonder if many elements out of our view were cut.
But whatever... so long as Mr. Potato Head returns, I will be fine.

HMF

Wow, that was fast. The Happy Meal coaster is well on its way.

One difference I recently noticed between the first and second concept art is that the new TSMM queue extension building looks much smaller. Not just the entrance, but the building itself. I wonder if many elements out of our view were cut.
But whatever... so long as Mr. Potato Head returns, I will be fine.
To be fair the cuts do make the "Andy's Backyard premise more apparent. (If not less misguided.)

Marc Davis Fan

It will definitely take some time for me to get used to seeing a big open air coaster at Disney. I know it's very early and it will be themed with oversized toys etc. but it's still a very different sight. It doesn't feel the same as other open coasters like California Screamin' or Barnstormer.

I strongly feel the same. I really hope Disney finds a way to make it VERY clear visually that this is a toy roller coaster (e.g., everyday items to help "prop up" the track, something on the supports that reads "roller coaster play kit," unused track pieces lying around like in the original concept art, pieces of the box on the ground, etc). Otherwise, it will indeed look like an unthemed amusement park ride - not something that belongs in a Disney park. It would be a huge step backwards for Disney - at a time when Disney needs to differentiate itself more than ever.

HauntedMansionFLA

Sped2424

I wonder if this area is going to have anything in it for an adult to enjoy, or is it just going to be the Pixar version of Storybook Circus?
It's going to be nicer than storybook as the main coaster will offer more thrill and be longer than goofys whatever it's called now. But even with that being said this isn't a big deal just one nice ride with some fluff on the side.

raymusiccity

I strongly feel the same. I really hope Disney finds a way to make it VERY clear visually that this is a toy roller coaster (e.g., everyday items to help "prop up" the track, something on the supports that reads "roller coaster play kit," unused track pieces lying around like in the original concept art, pieces of the box on the ground, etc). Otherwise, it will indeed look like an unthemed amusement park ride - not something that belongs in a Disney park. It would be a huge step backwards for Disney - at a time when Disney needs to differentiate itself more than ever.

I'm being cautiously optimistic, since you can see portions of the backyard 'picket fence' going up in most of the photos.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom