Jimmy Fallon Ride

ExtinctJenn

A couple posts on the internet doesn't mean it's confusing the majority of people.
If you visit the attraction when it has a fairly long wait, you'll see the queue debacle goes way beyond a few posts on the internet. Seriously, it is a mess. I briefly explained the experience we had a few posts up and, that was on a weekday during what is considered a less busy time for the parks (first week of May).

ExtinctJenn

I have wondered how colorblind people manage it since there is no verbal announcement of the color.
That is an excellent point! I'm actually surprised no one has been shouting about that bit of failed diversity inclusion honestly. I suppose most folks don't go alone so they are with someone who can tell them the color but still, this comment is even more fuel for the "they need to add a verbal announcement with the NBC tone" concept.

JoeCamel

I'd still rather have kept Twisted and wish this took the place of Shrek. That way a bad 3D attraction is removed for a (slightly) better one, and not at the expensive of a physical attraction.
Twister was falling apart though. Same reason they are replacing Disaster with FnF

Jones14

Not to mention that having Jimmy Fallon right across from Despicable Me would exacerbate the issues of originality even more.

Jones14

It's still basically right next to it... only separated by the concert stage courtyard.
Yeah, but from a crowd flow perspective, you have Despicable, Shrek, Rockit, and THEN Fallon or Transformers. There's a bit of a buffer between them as it currently stands.

Jones14

Production Central has 2 screen rides and a coaster. New York has 2 screen rides and a indoor dark ride/coaster. Surrounded by Hollywood and San Francisco which each have one screen ride.
The thing about it, too, is that it seems like it's going to be a permanent problem. Shrek, Despicable, and Fallon are all gridlocked. Transformers isn't going anywhere for a LONG TIME. Same with Fallon, and Furious. The only real opportunity to replace screens with a 'physical' ride is at Terminator, and that's (to me) the one that uses the 3-D effects the best, at least in this park.

Tom Morrow

The thing about it, too, is that it seems like it's going to be a permanent problem. Shrek, Despicable, and Fallon are all gridlocked. Transformers isn't going anywhere for a LONG TIME. Same with Fallon, and Furious. The only real opportunity to replace screens with a 'physical' ride is at Terminator, and that's (to me) the one that uses the 3-D effects the best, at least in this park.
There's some backstage area around Shrek that could be repurposed, should they decided to demolish or expand the existing building for a new attraction. It would require moving around some backstage infrastructure, but that isn't all that hard.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
There's some backstage area around Shrek that could be repurposed, should they decided to demolish or expand the existing building for a new attraction. It would require moving around some backstage infrastructure, but that isn't all that hard.

There isn't any backstage area around Shrek. That was repurposed years ago to Rip Ride RockIt. Behind that is where Blue Man Group performs, and Dave School. They also use part of that property to host Grinchmas. On the other side of Shrek is Monsters Cafe, and the stage where Universal hosts all of their concerts. The backstage area is accessed in-between the Horror Makeup Show and Cafe La Bamba.

Edit: Looks like there's an additional back stage area in between Rip Ride RockIt and The Mummy.

Last edited:

Tom Morrow

There isn't any backstage area around Shrek. That was repurposed years ago to Rip Ride RockIt. Behind that is where Blue Man Group performs, and Dave School. They also use part of that property to host Grinchmas. On the other side of Shrek is Monsters Cafe, and the stage where Universal hosts all of their concerts. The backstage area is accessed in-between the Horror Makeup Show and Cafe La Bamba.

Edit: Looks like there's an additional back stage area in between Rip Ride RockIt and The Mummy.

I think you're mixing up Minions and Shrek. Minions is definitely locked to
that footprint, but the Shrek plot could be expanded. Not by much, but I'm just saying that that space doesn't have to be a theater attraction.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
I think you're mixing up Minions and Shrek. Minions is definitely locked to
that footprint, but the Shrek plot could be expanded. Not by much, but I'm just saying that that space doesn't have to be a theater attraction.

When you walk through the gate, you have Universal store on the left, and the camera shop on the right. Walking down the street, minions is on the left, shrek is on the right. Between minions and the universal store is the alley to Blue Man Group and the "hidden" park entrance. Passing Shrek, the stage is on the left, and the amex entrance is to the right. Turning right takes you to the Transformers store entrance. Going straight though you'll get to Monsters cafe on the right, the stadium on the left. Right in front of you will be fallon on your left..

Tom Morrow

When you walk through the gate, you have Universal store on the left, and the camera shop on the right. Walking down the street, minions is on the left, shrek is on the right. Between minions and the universal store is the alley to Blue Man Group and the "hidden" park entrance. Passing Shrek, the stage is on the left, and the amex entrance is to the right. Turning right takes you to the Transformers store entrance. Going straight though you'll get to Monsters cafe on the right, the stadium on the left. Right in front of you will be fallon on your left..
I'm referring to the space between the Shrek building and Mel's, behind the Hollywood Blvd stores. Right now this is a backstage area and one of numerous team member cafeterias, but this stuff could be relocated to make room.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
I'm referring to the space between the Shrek building and Mel's, behind the Hollywood Blvd stores. Right now this is a backstage area and one of numerous team member cafeterias, but this stuff could be relocated to make room.

Ahh, that's also guest restrooms and the Transformers meet and greet. You'd be right in that there wouldn't be much space available.

JT3000

They need that small backstage area for Mel's and the rest of Hollywood Blvd., the Transformers meet & greet and Shrek's extended queue, which is now used for HHN. You wouldn't add much space by expanding into it anyway.

Tay

Haven't been on it yet but don't get the hate. A real ride even if it has screens which I'm sick of is better than Twister.

I think Universal has bigger plans for Minions and Shrek if the reboot does well and could see them redoing the entire front of the park but transformers.

rufio

I'll admit I haven't been following this ride at all since I haven't had APs since the middle of 2016, but this is disappointing. :/ It's funny, my brother was just asking me what this ride was and I told him I had no idea. We then had a discussion about how almost every new ride at Universal is a simulator and how that sucks for all the people who can't handle simulators. I have to say, I'm not even surprised, but I'm a little disappointed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom