Rumor - Fast Pass change- Both parks linked starting April 6th

D

Deleted member 107043

I feel like paper FPs are going to go the way of the dinosaur.

Which makes sense to me. What I object to is upcharging when the year-round overcrowding is Disney's making. There are ways to solve this delimma without always reaching in people's pockets first. :cautious:

is it just me or does Max Pass sound kind of Tampon-y?

Actually, yes now that you mention it lol.

D

Deleted member 107043

Sometimes it feels like DLR is so backwards compared to it's bigger sister WDW, especially when it comes to technology. For instance, look at this mobile application in WoP that lets guests place restaurant orders remotely.

If this ever comes to DLR it'll probably be exclusive to the top-tier APs or cost $20, and only be good for use at select churro carts. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

truecoat

Sometimes it feels like DLR is so backwards compared to it's bigger sister WDW, especially when it comes to technology. For instance, look at this mobile application in WoP that lets guests place restaurant orders remotely.

If this ever comes to DLR it'll probably only be available to the top-tier APs or cost $20, and only be good for use at select churro carts. :rolleyes:

This is the way to add Be Our Guest functionality to Avatarland without the extra servers or pucks.

Witchy Chick

10 bucks a day unless you have the top AP.

Does anyone know if this is able to be a one-day only upcharge on a multi-day ticket? For example, I have four 4-day PH tickets. Can I choose to MaxPass only one day of my stay (for a total $40 cost)? Or do I need to MaxPass all four days, all four tickets (for a total of $160)? Thanks for any info!!

Disney Irish

Premium Member
BTW, just read a rumor from another site that paper FPs will be gone with MP/FP 2.0 toward the end of this year or beginning of next. Everything will be tied to the app or your ticket/AP. So if you scan your ticket/AP at a FP kiosk you may get a receipt or something acknowledging your scan with a return time. But no more paper FP to hand to a CM, they will just scan your ticket/AP.

So yep paper FPs are the way of the dinosaur.

Also another piece of interesting info with MP/FP 2.0, you will be able to reserve FPs several days out. However take that with a grain of salt since it appears to still be in testing. It won't be like WDW however where you have to reserve months in advance, but it'll be a similar reserve system.

George Lucas on a Bench

I'm stocking up on Haunted Mansion Fastpasses, even though they have a really daffy kindergarten class ghost on them.

Side note: I've been needing to use Fastpass for The Haunted Mansion consistently this year. It's very nice to see classic Mansion really packing them in (although it's ridiculous the line goes out to the fountain) and certainly makes a case against the whole "Haunted Mansion Holiday is more popular" argument, but darn.

Curious Constance

I'm stocking up on Haunted Mansion Fastpasses, even though they have a really daffy kindergarten class ghost on them.

Side note: I've been needing to use Fastpass for The Haunted Mansion consistently this year. It's very nice to see classic Mansion really packing them in (although it's ridiculous the line goes out to the fountain) and certainly makes a case against the whole "Haunted Mansion Holiday is more popular" argument, but darn.

What's your record at for most Haunted Mansion rides in one trip?

dweezil78

I think the long lines are partly due to the fact that they generally haven't offered FP in the past for non-holiday HM except for on the busiest of days. Now it appears to be year-round, which I don't really mind because the return window is usually pretty soon and it beats waiting in line.

jocarol

Does anyone know if this is able to be a one-day only upcharge on a multi-day ticket? For example, I have four 4-day PH tickets. Can I choose to MaxPass only one day of my stay (for a total $40 cost)? Or do I need to MaxPass all four days, all four tickets (for a total of $160)? Thanks for any info!!
I read on another forum that you can buy it just for the days you want it, and just for the party members who want it. So you could buy it for everyone for one day, and just for one person the other three days for photopass.
When you consider that it includes photopass+, there are some cases where it's a pretty good deal. For instance, next month I'm visiting with my two kids together with a choir group. The teenager isn't going to want to hang around with Mom and little brother, so I'll probably get it just for two of us. For three days, that's $60, plus any of the other people on the trip should be able to add their photos to my account. That's less then the photopass+ one week ($78 I think?) I was considering.
The person for whom it's an amazing deal is someone coming to run one if the races. Race photography is handled by Disney now and is included with photopass plus. For just $10 you could have all of your race photos, and those of your friends. That used to be $100 per person when Marathonfoto did it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom