How cool/fun is WDW during the Christmas season?

I just have a general question about this event. Is it worth going to WDW just for this event? My family loves Christmas and I was thinking about flying down there with my wife and my 10 yr old son, to spend a long weekend. We would have 3 1/2 days in the parks. Money is the biggest factor in determining whether or not we should go but my sons only 10 once...
Any thoughts?

21stamps

I just have a general question about this event. Is it worth going to WDW just for this event? My family loves Christmas and I was thinking about flying down there with my wife and my 10 yr old son, to spend a long weekend. We would have 3 1/2 days in the parks. Money is the biggest factor in determining whether or not we should go but my sons only 10 once...
Any thoughts?

Last year was my first time ever at Disney during the Christmas holidays..
I'll sum up the experience- AMAZING.

Definitely do it!

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

We've gone to WDW at various times of the year and I can't think of a time when we were more happier to be there. Its the most beautiful time of year with everything decorated to the extremes, holiday music and seasonal extras all around property. If you are a Christmas person, you'll fall in love with Disney at Christmas. Everyone... guests and CM's seem to be more festive, in a good mood, and full of the holiday spirit. The best time is the first couple of weeks in Dec, ( although even then its more crowded than it used to be ) getting more crowded as you get closer to Christmas Eve and Day. We get all our Christmas shopping done at Disney for family & friends. Worth it? SURE IS!!

Upvote 0

Rudyard Kipling

Original Poster
Thank you so much for everyone's input! It sounds like a great time to visit. We've been fortunate enough to go WDW several times but it has always been during spring break.

I'm really interested in going but I've been trying to avoid doing specific Christmas time research to avoid spoilers, so I figured I'd post here.

Thanks!

Upvote 0
I've been to WDW twice in December, and both experiences were fantastic. All of the holiday decorations, sparkling lights, tasty holiday treats - It's really magical. In fact, last December our trip was so great, that we walked away with annual passes!

Upvote 0

Smiley/OCD

You don't have to go in the month of December... we were there about 4 years ago the second week of November...GREAT weather...a little cool at night (bring a jacket with you, because the bus A/C is still on full blast), but the parade and decorations throughout the entire property was AWESOME...it's worth the trip!!!

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
Try and go if you can! If you do, make some time to resort hop.

GF, WIlderness Lodge, Beach and Yacht Club and AKL are all amazing. You could do a monorail loop and hop over to WL from MK. BC & YC are 5 and 10 minutes from Epcot International Gateway.

We went from 23rd Dec to 5th Jan and loved it. We knew it would be busy, and we had a lot of fun.

Upvote 0

I am Timmy

Disney does Christmas the BEST of anywhere in the world, at least anywhere we've been. Prepare to have your breath taken away again and again - from snow on Main Street in MK to Christmas around the world in Epcot, you cannot beat it. Where else do you get fireworks for xmas? Decorations are larger than life and details are in every nook and cranny. And don't get me started on the special events! Do it at least once, whether it's this year or not. And everyone is so merry (even when it's crowded)!

Upvote 0

Nemo14

To be honest, WDW at Christmastime is nice, the tree at Wilderness Lodge is amazing, but we much prefer Dollywood or Sea World for park decorations and overall holiday celebrations.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

The holiday decorations are beautiful, although you can see them just as well in mid-November or the first week in December (lower crowds). I'd never recommend visiting Thanksgiving week or close to Christmas/New Year's, but that's just me. Some people thrive in wall-to-wall crowds. Not I -- crowds drive me up the wall. :)

Upvote 0

JillC LI

I'm really interested in going but I've been trying to avoid doing specific Christmas time research to avoid spoilers, so I figured I'd post here.

I agree that WDW during the Xmas season is a must-do (and I don't even celebrate Christmas!). We went in early December when the crowds were low. We were able to see the MVMCP fireworks one night from Cali Grill even though we did not attend the party. We adored the Osborne Lights - such a shame they are gone now. But the decorations in the parks and especially some of the resorts were beautiful. We especially loved the chocolate carousel at the Beach Club and the lifesize gingerbread house at the Grand Floridian. WHile you may want to avoid videos of the holiday parade if you don't want spoilers, I'd do a little research before you go so you don't miss any holiday highlights.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom