deleted

D

Deleted member 107043

Surely some of you locals knows a Resort employee in Entertainment who can verify where PTN was stored backstage and whether or not it's still there.

FerretAfros

I just communicated with a friend in Entertainment, who said that PTN is still in the warehouse and upon last sighting didn't show signs of going anywhere. Unprompted, they specifically said that it wasn't in Florida :hilarious:

That said, it's still unclear what the plan is for the parade or when exactly it will be returning to the park

Personally, I think both Disney and MiceAge's stories are a little fishy, and I've been skeptical of them since they were first announced. It just doesn't seem like Disney to invest millions in a brand new parade, only to mothball and replace it with a 45-year-old relic. And if there were technical and/or performer problems, why didn't they arise in Hong Kong too? Something just doesn't quite add up to me

D

Deleted member 107043

I just communicated with a friend in Entertainment, who said that PTN is still in the warehouse and upon last sighting didn't show signs of going anywhere. Unprompted, they specifically said that it wasn't in Florida :hilarious:

Thanks for clarifying Ferret!

GiveMeTheMusic

This. PTN is not "packed up" and "ready to ship." Corless' article states that Paris and Shanghai are the only other candidates beside WDW for a theoretical move. This is true, but we know that WDW is fine not having a parade until 2021 at the earliest. They've moved on.

Paris can't run a light parade in summer alongside Illuminations because the sun sets too late.

Shanghai won't want PTN because Hong Kong already has it.

It just takes a few minutes of logical thinking to come to the conclusion that PTN isn't going anywhere.

jrhwdw

This. PTN is not "packed up" and "ready to ship." Corless' article states that Paris and Shanghai are the only other candidates beside WDW for a theoretical move. This is true, but we know that WDW is fine not having a parade until 2021 at the earliest. They've moved on.

Paris can't run a light parade in summer alongside Illuminations because the sun sets too late.

Shanghai won't want PTN because Hong Kong already has it.

It just takes a few minutes of logical thinking to come to the conclusion that PTN isn't going anywhere.
WDW may have moved on and HEA is a fantastic win for MK/TDO. But I'm still disappointed that we don't have a replacement yet.
So, if it's common knowledge with DL's insiders that PTN isn't going anywhere for now, why did Corless post that article?

GiveMeTheMusic

WDW may have moved on and HEA is a fantastic win for MK/TDO. But I'm still disappointed that we don't have a replacement yet.
So, if it's common knowledge with DL's insiders that PTN isn't going anywhere for now, why did Corless post that article?

Corless has nailed some scoops, but he is not always right. He goes for the clicks, and maybe he doesn't even know that the story is false.

Disney Analyst

That said, it's still unclear what the plan is for the parade or when exactly it will be returning to the park

Personally, I think both Disney and MiceAge's stories are a little fishy, and I've been skeptical of them since they were first announced. It just doesn't seem like Disney to invest millions in a brand new parade, only to mothball and replace it with a 45-year-old relic. And if there were technical and/or performer problems, why didn't they arise in Hong Kong too? Something just doesn't quite add up to me

Well I do think Hong Kong's was down for a refurb not long ago... but I assume working conditions / standards are a bit different over there.

Travel Junkie

And if there were technical and/or performer problems, why didn't they arise in Hong Kong too? Something just doesn't quite add up to me

It's the costumes. They are very different. Hong Kong's are simple and functional. Disneyland's are elaborate but not functional. One time while watching PTN at Disneyland I was standing near a backstage entrance. 4 different performers were whisked in to fix wardrobe malfunctions during just that one performance.

HK's costumes look cheap compared to Disneyland. At least they work though!

George Lucas on a Bench

The parades seem to be an operational nightmare at DL. I'm sure many within the company would love to retire them again. People camp out on Main Street just like they used to for Fantasmic, the park gets split in half during the parade and huge terrifying bottlenecks form, exiting can be a nightmare. Just how many people do they employ to wave Yoda lightsabers and yell at people?

brb1006

DBWQYZHW0AAe5lz.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom