Trip Report It's Two, Two, TWO Trips in One! *COMPLETED*

Title reference for those of you younger than dirt ~

Got it? Good!

This trip report is somewhat unique and calls for a different kind of introduction. This, as you may recognize, is a picture of me and my significant other.

IMG_7324.JPG

I invite you, if you dare, to follow along on a lengthy adventure that includes three resorts, lots of flowers, exotic food and a Fruber (a what?) Because this report travels directly to.........the Tuvalu Zone.

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
Older than dirt here. But that commercial must have run past 1970 because I was born the year WDW was born and I remember it.

High-Five for us "kids" born in 1971!!!

@Tuvalu - I'm following along again. Ever think about putting all your trip reports together in a book: "Tuvalu Does Disney!!"?? (Maybe we need to work on that title.:rolleyes:)

Tuvalu

Original Poster
Love the introduction! count me in :)
Thanks, @melmel89! You are counted as present. :p

Love it!! Don't remember the commercial though, although I was alive during the decade of bell bottoms and fanned hair haircuts(like Charlie's Angels). :)
I don't miss the bell bottoms! The hair was pretty though.

I'm in of course! Also, not younger than dirt!
No wonder we didn't meet ~ as I follow your TR we were never in the same park! :(

Following, of course! And yes, I remember! Is that good or bad;)
It's good. It's all good! :joyfull:

Other than starting a TR with the brutal reminder that I am clearly NOT as young as I feel,:bawling: I'm eagerly awaiting the rest.
With age comes wisdom, a definite perk! And if you feel young AND have wisdom? Icing on the cake.

I LOVE THE @Tuvalu zone!! :p:p:D:D
Can't wait to read about this trip!
Beginning here shortly.......

Hahaha, The Tuvalu Zone. I love the intro!
Glad I caught your attention, @JamieLee18 :happy:

Excellent, I can't wait to enjoy the trip through the Tuvalu zone. Dirt and I have a common bond, we are both old, but I am young at heart.
Love us young-at-hearters!:inlove:

Great! Another Tuvalu report!:)
I said the same thing when I saw your Disneyland report. :D

Looking forward to this report
I hope it meets your expectations. :)

Tuvalu

Original Poster

I'm in!! Can't wait to follow along!

Am I in? Does Mickey Love Minnie? Of course I'm in!,
More of my friends counted in! Thanks guys!!!

I think the list of people who aren't in would be shorter than the list of those that are in! Who doesn't love a @Tuvalu report??
You make me blush.......:oops:

Yay - happy to enter the Tuvalu zone!
:happy:

If I enter the Tuvalu zone does that mean I don't have to go to work today? ;)
Apparently yes, since it's taking me awhile to get into the Zone! :hilarious:

Tuvalu

Original Poster
Following :)

Following along

Following along!!
Welcome, @StephK, @Sabrina1705 and @geebee721 !!

I read the entirety of your last TR yesterday. Can't wait to read this one!
Perhaps you have too much time on your hands. ;) Seriously, I'm flattered.

Currently travelling on a bullet train between Tokyo and Nagoya Japan
But that will not stop me from following along on another Tuvalu adventure I AM IN !!!!Max
I feel so international.......:joyfull:

Yay! Count me in!!
I'm here too! Wow I do remember that and I am older than dirt, I guess. :rolleyes:
I am here for the ride!
Happily following
@rshell68, CHECK!
@joshsprincess921, CHECK!
@93boomer, CHECK!
@dmatt87, CHECK!
@LSV, CHECK!

Woohoo! I'm along for the ride too!
Hopefully it won't be too bumpy! :cat:

Tuvalu

Original Poster
We are about to enter another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land of imagination. Next stop, the Tuvalu Zone!
:joyfull: :joyfull: :joyfull:

K...I'm here
Your enthusiasm underwhelms me....;)
<In my best Soup Nazi voice> NO DRAMA FOR YOU!!!!!

Everyone else is doing it so I guess I will too.
@Tiggerish already scolded you so I won't. :D

aaannnnnnd we're back AGAIN!! HOOOORAY! Grandma always used to have a roll of Certs in her purse. they really WERE two mints in one!
I love your Grandma!!

I cant wait till I get to Tuvalu-status and be able to go to Disney monthly!! LOL
Until then I am quite happy to go for you......:cool:

Between the past and the future, between sanity and madness, between dreams and reality, lies the mystery of the Fruber....:)
It will be revealed....in its time.

Can't wait for the report!
I can't wait to start! Stupid life stuff always gets in the way.....

High-Five for us "kids" born in 1971!!!
@Tuvalu - I'm following along again. Ever think about putting all your trip reports together in a book: "Tuvalu Does Disney!!"?? (Maybe we need to work on that title.:rolleyes:)
Not sure that title is the market I want to reach.....:joyfull:

Long time Tuvalu trip report reader here, but first time trip report commenter! Looking forward to reading along :)
Please feel free to comment as often as you like Amy! Nice to have a longtime reader speak up. :happy:

Woot Woot - another @Tuvalu report!!

View attachment 205437
Too funny! Thanks for the laugh!

Tuvalu

Original Poster
Tuesday, May 2

In order to get in the Zone, we needed to get to the world. I found a great fare on Southwest, but it required flying in a day earlier than our original plan. Though Woody is not a fan of the value resorts I managed to persuade him "for just one night." I booked a reasonable AP rate and in the category of "things that never happen to us" a week before our check in date I received an email with a special offer for $49 All Star rooms ~ valid May 1-3. Score! We would arrive with a substantial credit on our account.

Our flight landed at 3:30 pm and we made our way to Magical Express. Add this to the list of "things that never happen to us" ~

IMG_6483.JPG

No lines! No people! :jawdrop:

IMG_6485.JPG

First in line to our no-name destination!

It was just a few moments before we were on board. However we sat and waited over 15 minutes for other guests ~ except none got on. :banghead: Our bus only served the All Star Resorts and only a handful of people were aboard. During the ride I received our room number text. Super, right? Except all I received was the room number 7403 ~ no building name/section, no map, nothing. I deduced that the first number ~ 7 ~ was the building number. The rest we'd have to figure out once we got there.

But which All Star?

This one:
14AC50B2-364B-43D0-9748-278BBE09E07E-7432-00000DED3F3706EF.jpeg

This would be my fifth stay at All Star Music and the first since 2006. Would I like it? More importantly, would Woody like it?

No chaos in the lobby ~ always a good sign. :)
IMG_6489.JPG

The refurbished food court was very nice. No chaos here either ~ but it was late afternoon, a non-peak time.
IMG_6490.JPG

IMG_6491.JPG

Now we needed to find our way to our room.

Tuvalu

Original Poster
I had requested a specific section during online check in. When we found the giant resort map, I was pleased to discover my request had been honored.

Was our room in Jazz?
IMG_3595.JPG

It was..... in 1996, the first time I stayed at ASMu. My 6th grade son had just begun to play the saxophone and I was excited to pose in front of the giant sax.

Our 2017 room was in Broadway.
IMG_6492.JPG

IMG_6495.JPG

IMG_6494.JPG

IMG_6503.JPG

How cool is this section??!!! @BuddyThomas you should check it out. :D

The room was spotless and in great shape. Later we would fall asleep on a very comfy mattress, our heads on the BEST DISNEY PILLOWS we have ever slept on.

IMG_6501.JPG

@MinnieM123 did you notice this?
IMG_6496.JPG

A clock! The room had a clock! (It's the little things that thrill me, folks!)

IMG_6502.JPG

"Note" the detail in the wallpaper border.
IMG_6500.JPG

The shower curtain was certainly festive!
IMG_6499.JPG

We didn't linger in the room as we had FPs to make!

Tuvalu

Original Poster
That is our typical experience. How hard would it be to have a list of who is expected at what time so they know not to wait an extra 15 minutes for no one?
It was quite baffling to us!

I'm a little late but I'm following along. :)
Welcome!

I'm definitely in!!!
@PrincessL, CHECK!

I remember that commercial!

I have entered the Tuvalu zone!

giphy.gif
And Tuvalu has now turned green....:hungover:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom