What Would You Have Done?

KBLovedDisney

Depends on the age of the person. A younger child - no problem. An older teenager that might be mistaken for the real character is forbidden by Disney. If it was an older teenager, that's probably why they changed in the bathroom. She wouldn't have been allowed in with the costume on at the gate.
Definitely older teenager, possibly early 20s

Jeremy P

Now the cussing though, I wouldn't have bothered with an alternative exit. I admit to having a horribly foul mouth. I seriously try to keep it in check but *sigh* They do say that swearing is a sign of intelligence though. I try to keep it to a whisper though in public so other kids don't have to hear.

I have to agree with you, I have what most would consider to be an incredibly foul mouth but I don't understand why people don't have respect for others and their kids. I would never start throwing the F word out around kids. Like others have pointed out, I think society in general just doesn't seem to have a lot of respect for others any more.

I was at Epcot in 2013 and myself and two friends were in the single rider line at Test Track waiting to get on when an older man suddenly started waiving his wife and daughter (who was at least 17-18 years old - not a small child who may have needed a bathroom break) to join him in the line. Normally, I'd think no big deal but it was a very busy day and we'd been waiting in the single rider line for quite some time so one of my friends pointed out that they were cutting. He turned around and said they were his family and they were joining him on the ride so my friend quickly pointed out that this was the single rider line and they wouldn't be able to ride together regardless. This man, apparently holding an award for world's shortest temper lost his mind and started saying he would "beat the @#&% out of us"... I mean, shouting and raising his arms- the works. Luckily a lady in front jumped in and alerted a cast member who separated everyone because this guy had started threatening to get violent. Of course the guy started insisting that we had been harassing his family but luckily, being at WDW means that there will always be witnesses around and everyone had just caught this whole scene. It was the craziest thing. Anyways, sometimes it's probably good to say something but I guess my lesson is to know that people in this world are crazy and you never know how they're going to react.

LeighM

I've reported others before for certain things that just go too far. And even though I'm a short female, I've also told others to have some consideration and haven't let people cut in front of me unless they're trying to get back to their family. If they want me to move so they can get in front then they'll need to physically pick me up and move me aside :) So I think you did the right thing. So many people don't seem to think there are consequences for bad behavior. I also have a pretty bad mouth some days, even though my family taught me it was "unbecoming for a lady" LOL but there's still a time and place - and WDW really isn't that place. I do not curse around the young, the elderly, those who do not like cursing, or in a public place loud enough where impressionable ears can overhear. It really does have to do with respect and consideration, which seems to be extremely lacking nowadays. If I had ever done anything like that as a teenager, my mom and Grandma wouldn't have hesitated to set me straight in the most embarrassing way possible lol.

TaoBoxer

Good job OP ! Btw, what is up with the lack of "bus etiquette "? People can't seem to grasp the concept of "first come, first serve" while boarding WDW transportation. It seems lately, more recently, that I have to remind them of such concept.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Unfortunately guest behavior in the parks has gotten worse over the years. Swearing, rude behavior, intoxication is prevalent even when in close proximity to young children. I always vocalize my displeasure to the nearest CM and most if the time I've seen action taken by the CM removing the guest from the ride. Its unknown if they are kicked out but at least they are no longer affecting my enjoyment. I've paid my ticket in to have an enjoyable time with my family and just because they bought a ticket, they don't have the right to act unruly. Bad behavior doesn't belong at Disney and if more guests spoke up these incidents would lessen.
If the rules aren't enforced because of "guest satisfaction," then the rules effectively no longer exist.

Smiley/OCD

I seriously don't understand these people that go to Disney and act like they don't want to be there because they say something else is far better, but what really confuses me is they make a show about it constantly. I am starting to wonder if these people just put on a show because they don't want to admit the fact that they might have been initially wrong about the place...

But my gawd, I seriously want to look these people in the face and say, "If you don't want to be here, you don't have to be here. Stop complaining about it."
(But I am not that brave)
Then they come on here, write threads and complain, complain, complain...just think how much shorter the lines would be if they would just stay away...

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

Original Poster
Good job OP ! Btw, what is up with the lack of "bus etiquette "? People can't seem to grasp the concept of "first come, first serve" while boarding WDW transportation. It seems lately, more recently, that I have to remind them of such concept.
Dude on my list of Disney "pet peeves" people who get to the bus late and hop right on ahead of people who have been waiting for a who knows how long ARE THE WORST PEOPLE IN THE UNIVERSE!!! That absolutely gets on my skin. In my skin. Under my skin. On my nerves. In my nerves. I mean my very LAST nerve! That is SUCH a scumbag thing to do! I seriously wanna just follow them to whatever ride they are gonna wait in line for and right when they go to get on just come barreling through the dang line and hop on ahead of them and see how they would like it. Gets me hot just thinking about it. LOL!

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

Original Poster
Then they come on here, write threads and complain, complain, complain...just think how much shorter the lines would be if they would just stay away...
I kid you not. Every time I hear somebody saying "I'm NEVER going back" or "those people are CRAZY and everything is too expensive"! I'm just thinking "YES! Less people in front of me in line!" LOL!

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

Original Poster
I have to agree with you, I have what most would consider to be an incredibly foul mouth but I don't understand why people don't have respect for others and their kids. I would never start throwing the F word out around kids. Like others have pointed out, I think society in general just doesn't seem to have a lot of respect for others any more.

I was at Epcot in 2013 and myself and two friends were in the single rider line at Test Track waiting to get on when an older man suddenly started waiving his wife and daughter (who was at least 17-18 years old - not a small child who may have needed a bathroom break) to join him in the line. Normally, I'd think no big deal but it was a very busy day and we'd been waiting in the single rider line for quite some time so one of my friends pointed out that they were cutting. He turned around and said they were his family and they were joining him on the ride so my friend quickly pointed out that this was the single rider line and they wouldn't be able to ride together regardless. This man, apparently holding an award for world's shortest temper lost his mind and started saying he would "beat the @#&% out of us"... I mean, shouting and raising his arms- the works. Luckily a lady in front jumped in and alerted a cast member who separated everyone because this guy had started threatening to get violent. Of course the guy started insisting that we had been harassing his family but luckily, being at WDW means that there will always be witnesses around and everyone had just caught this whole scene. It was the craziest thing. Anyways, sometimes it's probably good to say something but I guess my lesson is to know that people in this world are crazy and you never know how they're going to react.
I totally understand that some people cuss a lot. I work at UPS and that's a testosterone fueled, macho crazed, alpha male, experience for the ages on a daily basis. However, I personally myself do not use profanity and actually I'm an ordained baptist preacher and just really don't like to hear it personally and certainly don't want my kids to hear it but I know that some people just do it and don't even think about it. But I do appreciate people that are still just good old fashioned considerate for what others might not want to hear. My little boy is only 6 and I just don't think any 6 year old needs to be hearing that. If it were just me and my wife I would have just toughed it out. I was wanting the other exit to keep my son from hearing such language and being subjected to their terrible behavior. I mean it was really over the top and super loud. I know that I do sorta "romanticize" what Disneyworld is and in my heart of hearts I absolutely DO wish it was like the commercials portray it but the reality is that you are actually surrounded by thousands of people, in FL heat, who feel they are overpaying for most things, and are just generally "over it". They still should control themselves though and I appreciate you putting the reins on for the consideration of others. Genuinely, I do.

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

Original Poster
And yet the F & W festival just keeps getting bigger and bigger...
When people talk about Disneyworld just being "for kids" I about have to know they've never been in the World Showcase at night. LOL! Before we had kids or had joined the DVC we were getting on Test Track one night and heard this woman next to me talking about DVC and I asked her a question about it. I'm a really personable guy and just love talking to people and have never met a stranger and all that. Well after about 10 seconds I realized I had made a HORRRRRRIBLE mistake and that woman was TRASHED! She had one of those Big Gulp mugs filled with liquor! She then spent the rest of our wait in line telling us how she had went to a gas station to get cheaper booze and snuck it in and how she had left her husband at home for this whole trip and how she had been fooling around with some college kids. I mean she was THAT drunk to say all that stuff in public. Then when we got to the ride I was trying like crazy to get away from her and a CM unwittingly put her with us and then realized her condition but went ahead and let her ride and I could tell that he really felt sorry for us but I'm sure he wanted to avoid a scene. So the whooooole time on the ride she was just yelling "DVC YEAH! DVC YEAH! DVC YEAH!" LOL! I have never been able to ride Test Track since without wanting to impulsively yell "DVC YEAH!" LOL! We literally joined like 3 months later or something but I've never seen that woman since. Thankfully. LOL!

correcaminos

Any fool can swear. It's knowing when & where to do so, and where & where to refrain, that shows one's true intelligence. The more intelligent you are, the easier it is to know the difference.
That is so true of a lot of things in life. Knowing when something is appropriate and when it is not. Goes beyond just words too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom