What is the significance of your WDWMagic Userid/screenname?

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
When I first signed up on WDWMagic, I was MontyMon. Initially, the site wouldn't allow me to use Monty. After a while, Steve started allowing some of us who have been around awhile to change and I shortened it to just Monty.

When I joined the military 40 years ago, I took on the nickname Monty to have something I could live with, people my size [6'3"] tended to get "Igor", "Gronk" or "Lurch". I figured I'd pre-position myself. Last name "Montgomery" remove the "Gomer" = "Monty". :cool:

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
My original username on forums waaaay back in the day was The Deadman, but when I joined JTV/Twitch, I figured that really wasn't a good nickname so I chose Dead2009 and the name has stuck with me everywhere I go. I also chose the first name because I was a huge fan of the wrestler The Undertaker and his nickname was The Deadman.

sheriffwoody

Remember the Exxon tiger that used to be on the gas pumps? I always wanted my Dad to go to that gas station just because of the tiger.
I was just talking about that tiger today, and trying to remember which gas station it was! So weird that I just read this today. And now I know :)

My name is a play on my last name. I am like @bee and didn't want to be google-able. It's for a different reason though. You guy's are going to think this is crazy... I work at a Baptist school, so I'm not supposed to drink alcohol. Well, I do on vacation, and I want to share about it on my trip reports! So I do.... but if it popped up when someone searched my name it could be bad news bears for me. It could still be bad if someone just so happened to run across my report and had something against me. Or I guess if someone ran across it and was one of the few people who thinks that rule makes any sense at all for GROWN ADULTS...they could turn me in. Crossing fingers it doesn't happen though. I like my job :joyfull:

Tony the Tigger

Original Poster
I was just talking about that tiger today, and trying to remember which gas station it was! So weird that I just read this today. And now I know :)

My name is a play on my last name. I am like @bee and didn't want to be google-able. It's for a different reason though. You guy's are going to think this is crazy... I work at a Baptist school, so I'm not supposed to drink alcohol. Well, I do on vacation, and I want to share about it on my trip reports! So I do.... but if it popped up when someone searched my name it could be bad news bears for me. It could still be bad if someone just so happened to run across my report and had something against me. Or I guess if someone ran across it and was one of the few people who thinks that rule makes any sense at all for GROWN *** ADULTS...they could turn me in. Crossing fingers it doesn't happen though. I like my job :joyfull:

Mind blown.

Tony the Tigger

Original Poster
yep. Anytime I tell people about that policy they are just baffled. I mean I've read the whole Bible several times, and I don't believe a blanket "no alcohol" policy is biblical...but I'm a woman, so what do I know? :hilarious:

Wine. Case closed.

It's against drunkenness, not alcohol, which is just prudent (as I finish my third beer...)

bee

You guy's are going to think this is crazy... I work at a Baptist school, so I'm not supposed to drink alcohol. Well, I do on vacation, and I want to share about it on my trip reports! So I do.... but if it popped up when someone searched my name it could be bad news bears for me. It could still be bad if someone just so happened to run across my report and had something against me. Or I guess if someone ran across it and was one of the few people who thinks that rule makes any sense at all for GROWN *** ADULTS...they could turn me in.
Oh man...I grew up Baptist (my dad is a Baptist pastor in Texas. And I'm a lesbian...) and was TERRIFIED of alcohol growing up. My parents NEVER drank and they were even against using wine for cooking, or drinking sparkling cider because I Thessalonians 5:22 says "Abstain from all appearance of evil" (from the KJV, the only REAL version of the Bible btw [and yes I still remember that verse; I won lots of Scripture memory awards from church and church camp as a kid]) and alcohol is evil and therefore drinking something that vaguely looks like alcohol is also evil.

Wine. Case closed.
My parents and their cult literally believe that Jesus didn't actually give the disciples wine at the Last Supper, but grape juice, because the KJV says "fruit of the vine" and that TOTALLY meant juice in Jesus' time. When we took communion we drank Welch's grape juice.

Tony the Tigger

Original Poster
Oh man...I grew up Baptist (my dad is a Baptist pastor in Texas. And I'm a lesbian...) and was TERRIFIED of alcohol growing up. My parents NEVER drank and they were even against using wine for cooking, or drinking sparkling cider because I Thessalonians 5:22 says "Abstain from all appearance of evil" (from the KJV, the only REAL version of the Bible btw [and yes I still remember that verse; I won lots of Scripture memory awards from church and church camp as a kid]) and alcohol is evil and therefore drinking something that vaguely looks like alcohol is also evil.

My parents and their cult literally believe that Jesus didn't actually give the disciples wine at the Last Supper, but grape juice, because the KJV says "fruit of the vine" and that TOTALLY meant juice in Jesus' time. When we took communion we drank Welch's grape juice.

So he turned water into grape juice? ;)

21stamps

Wow. That's fascinating.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom