What Would You Have Done?

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

Original Poster
The other day I was getting on Space Mtn with my little boy and we were going through the FP line and there was this guy in front of us that got around that first little corner heading down the ramp from the entrance who turned around and started motioning to this girl in the standby line up above. So he stopped and told us and another lady and her little girl to go around him so we did. Then when we got up to the other FP end of the line where you scan them again I notice him telling this dude to hurry up in a really sneaky tone. Then I hear him telling his friends that the CM's don't give a bleep and I realized what they were doing was jumping from the standby line to the FP line and then sneaking past the Mickey posts when the CM was distracted so they could skip everybody.

Well then the guy starts dropping F bombs with his group of like 3 to 5 college friends and he was obviously the sort of "ring leader" of these morons. So then a CM starts walking down the line looking for a single rider and the guy starts acting like he's gonna push one of his buddies over the rail and obnoxiously starts declaring "HE'S A SINGLE RIDER! HE'S A SINGLE RIDER!" because apparently the guy didn't have a girlfriend. Clever. Right? So then I get whiff and realize that these people are obviously under the influence of alcohol and there was one of those personal tour guide CM's right ahead of us and when I went to board I told her there were some drunk morons behind us and pointed them out to her and she told the CM in charge of boarding and they pulled them aside. I also told her I thought they were skipping as well.

So we ride and get off and the escalator up was screwed up and I was irritated because I figured when they got off my 6 year old was about to be treated to another chorus of F bombs from this John Belushi wannabe and I saw a manager CM and asked for an alternate exit because I didn't want my kid subjected to that again and she said the escalator was about to start running again but she was literally on her way to investigate this situation because other people had complained. I'm just curious if you guys would have also or have also told a CM about this kind of thing before and do you think they got kicked out of the park? I saw the CM that pulled them aside when we rode it later and he said he knew they got investigated but didn't know if they got kicked.

KBLovedDisney

If I was brave enough, I would have ratted out these teens that were behind me in It's A Small World. This guy kept putting his hand out the boat and elbow deep under the water trying to get the coins and they constantly talked the entire ride. I finally turned around and said, "Dude, you are going to get kicked out." So, kudos to you for being brave and letting the CMs know what was going on. I am sure others around you appreciated it too. I am not sure I would have but my hubby would have done something like you did in a heartbeat.

drizgirl

If I was brave enough, I would have ratted out these teens that were behind me in It's A Small World. This guy kept putting his hand out the boat and elbow deep under the water trying to get the coins and they constantly talked the entire ride. I finally turned around and said, "Dude, you are going to get kicked out." So, kudos to you for being brave and letting the CMs know what was going on. I am sure others around you appreciated it too. I am not sure I would have but my hubby would have done something like you did in a heartbeat.
Even worse than getting kicked out, he could have lost a finger like the guy on Pirates a couple years ago.

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

Original Poster
The irony is that is the second time I've had this problem at Space Mtn with someone using profanity. When my little boy had finally gotten big enough to ride it he had fallen in love with it and we were riding it constantly and there was this big guy that had never ridden it before and was with these two girls and was acting like Space Mtn is some kind of ride that belongs at Cedar Point and literally cussing the entire time on the ride! I mean literally just yelling cuss words the whole...dang...ride! He was directly in front of my little boy and my little boy was in the middle seat and finally I just literally yelled at the guy on the ride and said "DUDE CHILL YOUR LANGUAGE!!!!" and I told a CM then too. I can't stand these people with no self awareness who think they can just act like a complete obnoxious idiot in front of people's kids. The way that guy was acting was totally melodramatic in the extreme. I'm sure it's a common problem that Disney has out of guests and especially guests of the teenage variety who are finally allowed to roam free from their parents. There was also a field trip there the last day of this trip and there were some young kids in the standby line and I heard some young boys listening to music on their phones in line without headphones and it was rap using the F word constantly. Disney probably actually has rules against that stuff I'd say.

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

Original Poster
Even worse than getting kicked out, he could have lost a finger like the guy on Pirates a couple years ago.
WOW! I didn't know about that but honestly I would be lying if I said I felt sympathy for that dude. LOL! I saw a man and woman get suuuuuper mad at a CM on POTC the other day. The CM told them to get in with another party of 3 to have 5 in the row. Well they didn't want to and they were from Russia judging by their accents and were trying to say that there was water in the seat and they didn't want to sit in it. So the CM actually holds up the line and leaves the little ride operating thingy and walks directly down there and tells the guy in the boat to make room for them and he says "I did and they wouldn't get in!" So she then tells the people to get in and sit down and the Russian dude got mad and said to his wife about the guy that he felt just sorta ratted on them in the most Russian 80's villain accent that you can imagine "I will choke that man out". Now I know that's a terrible thing to say but man with his accent and the way he said it with literally zero emotion we literally started cracking up. He seriously sounded like one of those computer voices that tell you the news but with zero inflection in their voice. LOL!

KBLovedDisney

The irony is that is the second time I've had this problem at Space Mtn with someone using profanity. When my little boy had finally gotten big enough to ride it he had fallen in love with it and we were riding it constantly and there was this big guy that had never ridden it before and was with these two girls and was acting like Space Mtn is some kind of ride that belongs at Cedar Point and literally cussing the entire time on the ride! I mean literally just yelling cuss words the whole...dang...ride! He was directly in front of my little boy and my little boy was in the middle seat and finally I just literally yelled at the guy on the ride and said "DUDE CHILL YOUR LANGUAGE!!!!" and I told a CM then too. I can't stand these people with no self awareness who think they can just act like a complete obnoxious idiot in front of people's kids. The way that guy was acting was totally melodramatic in the extreme. I'm sure it's a common problem that Disney has out of guests and especially guests of the teenage variety who are finally allowed to roam free from their parents. There was also a field trip there the last day of this trip and there were some young kids in the standby line and I heard some young boys listening to music on their phones in line without headphones and it was rap using the F word constantly. Disney probably actually has rules against that stuff I'd say.
I seriously don't understand these people that go to Disney and act like they don't want to be there because they say something else is far better, but what really confuses me is they make a show about it constantly. I am starting to wonder if these people just put on a show because they don't want to admit the fact that they might have been initially wrong about the place...

But my gawd, I seriously want to look these people in the face and say, "If you don't want to be here, you don't have to be here. Stop complaining about it."
(But I am not that brave)

rufio

Personally, I probably wouldn't have said anything, but I can understand why you did. There are all different times of people out there and in a place as diverse as Disney World, hearing profanity is not all that surprising.

epcotisbest

Happened to us one time in the long, meandering line outside Splash, long before the line goes indoors. Loudmouthed jerk using the f-word just about every other word. Don't think this group was drunk, just stupid and loud.
I finally had enough and turned around (they were right behind us) and told him we did not come to Disney World to listen to that kind of foul language and there were kids and families everywhere having to listen to it too. I told him to just stop, quite loudly.
Proving what a jerk he was, he got in my face and said something like who is going to stop me.
I stood blocking the aisle, planted both feet and just said "me."
Now, I am fairly good size at 6'3" and his mouth was much bigger than the rest of him.
That is when it happened. Another guy in the line beside us stepped up and said, "and me." Somebody else said, "me too."
I kinda smirked and said, "Any more questions?"
That was the end of that and the group, there were only about five of them, started weaving their way back out of the line.
Saw them again later in the day and thought, oh boy now it is on, but they quickly looked away and went the other way.
Now I am not advocating violence, but sometimes you gotta stand up to stupidity. Honestly it could have escalated instead of ending, but at the moment I had just had enough.

KBLovedDisney

Happened to us one time in the long, meandering line outside Splash, long before the line goes indoors. Loudmouthed jerk using the f-word just about every other word. Don't think this group was drunk, just stupid and loud.
I finally had enough and turned around (they were right behind us) and told him we did not come to Disney World to listen to that kind of foul language and there were kids and families everywhere having to listen to it too. I told him to just stop, quite loudly.
Proving what a jerk he was, he got in my face and said something like who is going to stop me.
I stood blocking the aisle, planted both feet and just said "me."
Now, I am fairly good size at 6'3" and his mouth was much bigger than the rest of him.
That is when it happened. Another guy in the line beside us stepped up and said, "and me." Somebody else said, "me too."
I kinda smirked and said, "Any more questions?"
That was the end of that and the group, there were only about five of them, started weaving their way back out of the line.
Saw them again later in the day and thought, oh boy now it is on, but they quickly looked away and went the other way.
Now I am not advocating violence, but sometimes you gotta stand up to stupidity. Honestly it could have escalated instead of ending, but at the moment I had just had enough.
Totally epic dude! No violence needed, just awesomeness.

jaklgreen

WOW! I didn't know about that but honestly I would be lying if I said I felt sympathy for that dude. LOL! I saw a man and woman get suuuuuper mad at a CM on POTC the other day. The CM told them to get in with another party of 3 to have 5 in the row. Well they didn't want to and they were from Russia judging by their accents and were trying to say that there was water in the seat and they didn't want to sit in it. So the CM actually holds up the line and leaves the little ride operating thingy and walks directly down there and tells the guy in the boat to make room for them and he says "I did and they wouldn't get in!" So she then tells the people to get in and sit down and the Russian dude got mad and said to his wife about the guy that he felt just sorta ratted on them in the most Russian 80's villain accent that you can imagine "I will choke that man out". Now I know that's a terrible thing to say but man with his accent and the way he said it with literally zero emotion we literally started cracking up. He seriously sounded like one of those computer voices that tell you the news but with zero inflection in their voice. LOL!

It should never have went that far. They should have just given them their own row and been done with it. They probably held up the ride longer with the arguing then if they would have just let them sit by themselves. I really do not like how some cast members feel like they need to cram all of these strangers together. I understand they want to get as many people through but who the heck wants to have the whole side of their body touching some stranger during a ride. Not me. My kid is allergic to dogs and if someone has dog hair on their clothes, they can have a reaction. Its just little things like that that most people do not think of.

Last edited:

21stamps

This literally just happened to me and my son on Morher's Day. 2 high school kids ran in front of us to reach the queue entrance first (we were within 3 feet of it). Then once in, they told their 4 buddies, behind us, to join them. I was furious, they didn't even ask. The line was an hour wait, the next 10 minutes was full of curse words and inappropriate comments.. I tried to distract my kid with our own convo, but was not going to let him be exposed to it for another 50 minutes.

I was "That Lady" and told the kids to knock it off. They just stared at me. I then said that if they continued I would report them, line jumping is an ejection offense. They chilled with the curse words after. I decided not to tell a worker, but I was close, and would have if they wouldn't have stopped.
You did the right thing.

correcaminos

I'm a short little thing that is not very physically imposing, but apparently I give a good stern voice and a very good mom stink eye. I've only had to use it a handful of times in my life and let me tell you the young adults like that still react to a mom who is scolding.

I do remember pointing a group out to a CM before but for the life of me I cannot remember exactly why as it was quite a few years ago. They do listen and take it seriously.

Now the cussing though, I wouldn't have bothered with an alternative exit. I admit to having a horribly foul mouth. I seriously try to keep it in check but *sigh* They do say that swearing is a sign of intelligence though. I try to keep it to a whisper though in public so other kids don't have to hear.

Disvillain63

This happened to us on April 8th at DHS's RnRC. There was a group of high school seniors who had boarded through the single rider line. As we were walking through the FP+ line, they decided to take advantage of the space ahead of us and another family. The seniors jumped the bar to get ahead. DH tried voicing to them that they needed to get back into their line but they didn't listen. DH excused himself past the other family and jogged ahead to the next FP+ checkpoint. Of course, none of their MB had the ride for FP+. DH was able to arrive to that point and let the CM know what the students had done. They were sent back out of the ride, but they weren't kicked out. I understand that they've paid their money, etc... but at some point examples need to be made...or the behavior will continue to get worse.

JIMINYCR

Unfortunately guest behavior in the parks has gotten worse over the years. Swearing, rude behavior, intoxication is prevalent even when in close proximity to young children. I always vocalize my displeasure to the nearest CM and most if the time I've seen action taken by the CM removing the guest from the ride. Its unknown if they are kicked out but at least they are no longer affecting my enjoyment. I've paid my ticket in to have an enjoyable time with my family and just because they bought a ticket, they don't have the right to act unruly. Bad behavior doesn't belong at Disney and if more guests spoke up these incidents would lessen.

epcotisbest

Unfortunately guest behavior in the parks has gotten worse over the years. Swearing, rude behavior, intoxication is prevalent even when in close proximity to young children. I always vocalize my displeasure to the nearest CM and most if the time I've seen action taken by the CM removing the guest from the ride. Its unknown if they are kicked out but at least they are no longer affecting my enjoyment. I've paid my ticket in to have an enjoyable time with my family and just because they bought a ticket, they don't have the right to act unruly. Bad behavior doesn't belong at Disney and if more guests spoke up these incidents would lessen.
Not just worse behavior, but significantly worse. That or my tolerance of boorish behavior has decreased dramatically so I notice it much more.

21stamps

Not just worse behavior, but significantly worse. That or my tolerance of boorish behavior has decreased dramatically so I notice it much more.

It's just that kids (and parents) have gotten worse, everywhere. ;)

KBLovedDisney

Not sure if this is exactly bad or anything, but when we were exiting the Tangled Toilets area, a girl came out with the Rapunzel dress on (although her hair was not of the same style). She took her shoes off and had a friend take multiple pictures with her posing on the brick seating area. Is wearing a character or princess costume but not exactly looking like the character wrong?

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Not sure if this is exactly bad or anything, but when we were exiting the Tangled Toilets area, a girl came out with the Rapunzel dress on (although her hair was not of the same style). She took her shoes off and had a friend take multiple pictures with her posing on the brick seating area. Is wearing a character or princess costume but not exactly looking like the character wrong?
Depends on the age of the person. A younger child - no problem. An older teenager that might be mistaken for the real character is forbidden by Disney. If it was an older teenager, that's probably why they changed in the bathroom. She wouldn't have been allowed in with the costume on at the gate.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom