New cruise booklet program?

Megan Kelly

Original Poster
Hi to all! We are preparing to sail on the Dream in 7 days! This will be our third Disney cruise and we are beyond excited. We will be leaving Saturday to spend a couple days at the parks prior to the cruise. Our cruise booklet has not yet arrived, and I am beginning to doubt that it's going to before we leave. Yes I know it's not needed to cruise, but it's incredibly frustrating!! Part of the magic of a Disney cruise is receiving Mickey mail, and feeling like everything is set in place and organized for the trip. I called and was told they are rolling out a new program and will no longer send the documents 30-45 days prior but two weeks before instead. Just a little frustrated :( lots of money spent to not have luggage tags or the booklet to make sure all of our reservations are correct. I truly hope they retract the change and go back to the old process! Thank you for letting me vent!! And with all that said, we are taking DCL transportation from a Disney resort. Any idea how we get luggage tags? I know if we were driving the porters have extras, but since luggage will be picked up from our resort - what do we do?!!

ChuckElias

I haven't heard of this change, and I had clients on the Wonder in the last 8 weeks. They received their booklet in the "normal" timeframe. Sorry you didn't get yours. Did you book through a travel agent? Sometimes the documentation gets sent to the agent, and then needs to be forwarded.

Megan Kelly

Original Poster
I haven't heard of this change, and I had clients on the Wonder in the last 8 weeks. They received their booklet in the "normal" timeframe. Sorry you didn't get yours. Did you book through a travel agent? Sometimes the documentation gets sent to the agent, and then needs to be forwarded.

We didn't book through a travel agent. I'm crossing my fingers it arrives before Friday! I am in a Facebook group for our sailing and we all have had a lot of trouble regarding the booklet. We were all told when we called it was a new program they were testing on the Dream only for now, and the other ships process has remained the same. I am just hoping that they have gotten enough negative feedback to not make it a permanent change!!

ChuckElias

We were all told when we called it was a new program they were testing on the Dream only for now, and the other ships process has remained the same
Oh, wow. Thanks for sharing that info. I'm booked on the Dream next April. I wonder if I'll get my booklet! :eek: :arghh: :bawling: :cautious: :cry: :grumpy: :jawdrop: :oops:

DisneyJoe

Just over half of my group received their booklets this past weekend for our Memorial Day sailing on the Dream. I will update here if and when we get the rest.

I believe that part of the new program (and I am trying to find the email) is that Castaway Silver Club members and higher will have the option to just receive luggage tags or receive the luggage tags and the booklet.

mousefan1972

Just over half of my group received their booklets this past weekend for our Memorial Day sailing on the Dream. I will update here if and when we get the rest.

I believe that part of the new program (and I am trying to find the email) is that Castaway Silver Club members and higher will have the option to just receive luggage tags or receive the luggage tags and the booklet.

We are sailing on the Fantasy in August. We are Gold CC members and when I completed our online check in last week, I was given the option of declining the booklet and only receiving luggage tags. Since I just toss the booklet in the recycle bin anyway, I declined it.

DisneyJoe

We are sailing on the Fantasy in August. We are Gold CC members and when I completed our online check in last week, I was given the option of declining the booklet and only receiving luggage tags. Since I just toss the booklet in the recycle bin anyway, I declined it.
I believe that is why they are making the change. I believe WDW docs are heading the same direction.

Megan Kelly

Original Poster
Yes I think you all are right! We had the option to decline as well. My problem with it is if you choose to receive the booklet, it should arrive in an adequate amount of time! My mother in law received hers this week and some of the ground transportation info was wrong, when it had previously been corrected. Thank goodness she got it and was able to call and make necessary changes! I just feel like a couple days before the cruise (or not at all) is unacceptable!

jaklgreen

I sail on May 27 on the Fantasy and I received my booklet with luggage tags a few weeks ago. I would call again if I were you.

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
We just received our clients documents for their cruise at the end of the month. I would say it's 2-3 weeks prior right now. It makes it hard for TA's who must pack up those docs and ship them to our clients. I send everything out priority mail to make sure that they get there in time.

Pam

NelleBelle

I agree that if they are going to be sending out the documents, or even just the luggage tags, they need to give plenty of time. Last cruise we took they didn't send enough luggage tags (I know, not a big deal, but like some have mentioned, what do you do when you are leaving out of a WDW resort??). They only sent one tag/person--not that we pack a ton but given that we didn't want to be packing all our carry-on luggage from the flight down, we needed more tags! And the first cruise, they didn't send the packet until a week before we left--which was fine in that instance, but in other instances, we've gone down early to enjoy going to the parks. It would be nice if they could do print-your-own luggage tags with reusable plastic sleeves like Alaska Airlines has. Very convenient, then they wouldn't need to send anything and you could print all your documents at home!

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I've heard rumors that they are looking to switch over to edocs. A lot of the cruise lines that we book already so this so I think it's just a matter of time with them

Pam

tare

I hope they get mailed out in the normal time frame. We will already be in Florida two weeks before we cruise. Ughhh

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom