Upcoming/Rumored Projects

rushtest4echo

I agree! It doesn't have to always be an lp.. It may have been my own fault but again I was blown away by "world of color" at CA and was expecting the same feeling.. I will see it again and go in with a more independent opinion next time..

Well, you can absolutely feel free to trash Rivers of Light if you don't care for it. There are lots of valid criticisms of the show but lacking IP isn't one I'd choose. Many parents feel differently though. Those same parents and kids probably dislike Reflections of Earth too was what I was trying to get at. :)

Kman101

That's good news!! I've seen this show and it left me disappointed, I'm sad to say.. if it wasn't in a Disney park it would be fine, but you are looking for Disney the whole time..

It IS Disney. I don't see Mickey in Reflections of Earth.

Disney used to be able to create things that didn't need characters from the movies. Why can't it be liked based on that? Why does it HAVE to have characters to "be Disney"? Seeing Simba pop up on the water projections suddenly makes it a better show?

HowAboutDisney

Disney used to be able to create things that didn't need characters from the movies. Why can't it be liked based on that? Why does it HAVE to have characters to "be Disney"? Seeing Simba pop up on the water projections suddenly makes it a better show?

I'm trying to find "Mickey" in my comment.. I never said I needed to see Mickey Mouse.. that show is so Disney it could be at Busch gardens

I didn't say it needed Mickey in it.. but tell me this? in your honest opinion do you think it would be bad if they would've shown real animals running across the water morphing into
Disney characters such as "Simba"? And so on

Kman101

I'm trying to find "Mickey" in my comment.. I never said I needed to see Mickey Mouse.. that show is so Disney it could be at Busch gardens

I didn't say it needed Mickey in it.. but tell me this? in your honest opinion do you think it would be bad if they would've shown real animals running across the water morphing into
Disney characters such as "Simba"? And so on

I never said you said you needed Mickey, I was just making an example.

No, it wouldn't be the end of the world for me if I saw Simba, or Baloo, maybe in a quick small part of a Disney character montage, but you didn't really answer me why it would need them. Why does having them suddenly make it better? So, I answered you, please answer me :)

Do you like Illuminations: Reflections of Earth?

HowAboutDisney

I never said you said you needed Mickey, I was just making an example.

No, it wouldn't be the end of the world for me if I saw Simba, or Baloo, maybe in a quick small part of a Disney character montage, but you didn't really answer me why it would need them. Why does having them suddenly make it better? So, I answered you, please answer me :)

Do you like Illuminations: Reflections of Earth?

Sorry I didn't answer you're question. I'll try now..

I watched my nephew not be interested in the show, I don't know why he wasn't, but he wasn't. it's my same nephew who loves "Soarin'" and "the land" so I know he doesn't have to have characters in something for it to keep his interest.

So off the top of my head, at the end of the day at AK 9:00p.m. (Might be wrong on the time) with the only place you've seen a moving animation all day being "It's tough to be a Bug", an easy fix for me is, it wouldn't hurt to have characters in the ROL show..

Also let me say I can appreciate What they have created. It is a beautiful show, but not perfect yet.. and I like ROE but I no longer wait to watch it.. I've seen it so many times like "wishes"..

Kman101

Sorry I didn't answer you're question. I'll try now..

I watched my nephew not be interested in the show, I don't know why he wasn't, but he wasn't. it's my same nephew who loves "Soarin'" and "the land" so I know he doesn't have to have characters in something for it to keep his interest.

So off the top of my head, at the end of the day at AK 9:00p.m. (Might be wrong on the time) with the only place you've seen a moving animation all day being "It's tough to be a Bug", an easy fix for me is, it wouldn't hurt to have characters in the ROL show..

Also let me say I can appreciate What they have created. It is a beautiful show, but not perfect yet.. and I like ROE but I no longer wait to watch it.. I've seen it so many times like "wishes"..

I can understand that. I don't have kids and I know many 'see the parks' through them and that seeing a character montage might make them perk up and suddenly show interest. I just get a tad frustrated because I want the kids to love the non-IP show like I do. But it isn't perfect. I loved the show but I think it could use a bit of work. I don't know that characters are the answer. It's hard. I just look at so many things Disney has created that they didn't shove a movie character into, that many love and don't know why it has to have them to be "Disney". I hope that makes sense. I mean, Haunted Mansion is Disney to me. Rivers of Light is Disney to me, etc. Spaceship Earth is Disney.

I adore RoE but the middle portion could use something. I just know how beloved that is, and it doesn't feature characters and I've never heard kids find it boring (but I'm sure many of them do!), so I don't know why they find RoL boring.

You can't always base everything around what a child likes, to be quite blunt. They're only a child once and will be a teenager and adult in no time. Because they weren't a fan of RoL when they were say 5, why change it just based on that? Will they have that same nostalgic attachement that the rest of us do? Again I hope I'm making sense.

Many like to quote Walt like they were his bestie, but even he said if you aim just for kids you're dead. But I know parents wants their children to love and be able to do everything but you have to yearn for things in life. Kids yearn to ride rides they can't fit on. What if they were able to do everything? Then adults might run the risk of being bored and feel out of place. So, again, it's hard.

Thank you for the answer and discussion. It's why I love being on message boards. Different opinions, ideas, etc. Sometimes I do need to be reminded that the younger demo wants to like something as well but you can get the frustration if it's simply aimed JUST for them. The parks were never meant to be JUST for kids. It's meant for the entire family to enjoy together.

HowAboutDisney

I can understand that. I don't have kids and I know many 'see the parks' through them and that seeing a character montage might make them perk up and suddenly show interest. I just get a tad frustrated because I want the kids to love the non-IP show like I do. But it isn't perfect. I loved the show but I think it could use a bit of work. I don't know that characters are the answer. It's hard. I just look at so many things Disney has created that they didn't shove a movie character into, that many love and don't know why it has to have them to be "Disney". I hope that makes sense. I mean, Haunted Mansion is Disney to me. Rivers of Light is Disney to me, etc. Spaceship Earth is Disney.

I adore RoE but the middle portion could use something. I just know how beloved that is, and it doesn't feature characters and I've never heard kids find it boring (but I'm sure many of them do!), so I don't know why they find RoL boring.

You can't always base everything around what a child likes, to be quite blunt. They're only a child once and will be a teenager and adult in no time. Because they weren't a fan of RoL when they were say 5, why change it just based on that? Will they have that same nostalgic attachement that the rest of us do? Again I hope I'm making sense.

Many like to quote Walt like they were his bestie, but even he said if you aim just for kids you're dead. But I know parents wants their children to love and be able to do everything but you have to yearn for things in life. Kids yearn to ride rides they can't fit on. What if they were able to do everything? Then adults might run the risk of being bored and feel out of place. So, again, it's hard.

Thank you for the answer and discussion. It's why I love being on message boards. Different opinions, ideas, etc. Sometimes I do need to be reminded that the younger demo wants to like something as well but you can get the frustration if it's simply aimed JUST for them. The parks were never meant to be JUST for kids. It's meant for the entire family to enjoy together.

I agree with you 100%.
I couldn't wait for ROL to open, I made my whole family stay late so I could watch it. And I wanted them to have the same wow feeling I had at CA with "World of Color" so they stayed.. I look over at my nephew he's not really paying attention to it then About 3/4 through the show the rest of my family was telling me lets go..

That's really where my disappointment came from.
I would love to see it again with a smaller group and see how I felt about it then.

To be fair to ROL I went with no joke about 15 people from the ages of 8 months to 73 years of age.

It's true not everything is better by adding characters. look at "alien encounter"

Kman101

I agree with you 100%.
I couldn't wait for ROL to open, I made my whole family stay late so I could watch it. And I wanted them to have the same wow feeling I had at CA with "World of Color" so they stayed.. I look over at my nephew he's not really paying attention to it then About 3/4 through the show the rest of my family was telling me lets go..

That's really where my disappointment came from.
I would love to see it again with a smaller group and see how I felt about it then.

To be fair to ROL I went with no joke about 15 people from the ages of 8 months to 73 years of age.

It's true not everything is better by adding characters. look at "alien encounter"

Aww. It is too bad he was so disappointed I guess. That would be a letdown. WoC is just so different from RoL. I haven't seen WOC in person yet but I can see why there was disappointment. I am glad you were excited for it and loved it. It's really nice they tried a new show without IP tie-ins. And I'm not against characters, but I don't know that they just solve everything like the execs seem to believe. I mean, Jungle Book Alive with Magic was pretty panned. I'd hope if they do a new show they can find a balance. And I bring up RoE but I know it has fireworks so that gives it a wow factor that RoL can't have, which isn't a bad thing, but then there are many who won't like RoL simply because there are no fireworks. So, again, it's hard.

Sigh. Alien Encounter. I really miss it. I was so upset when Stitch moved in. I actually think Stitch deserves a lot better than the attraction they shoehorned him into.

Goofyernmost

Aww. It is too bad he was so disappointed I guess. That would be a letdown. WoC is just so different from RoL. I haven't seen WOC in person yet but I can see why there was disappointment. I am glad you were excited for it and loved it. It's really nice they tried a new show without IP tie-ins. And I'm not against characters, but I don't know that they just solve everything like the execs seem to believe. I mean, Jungle Book Alive with Magic was pretty panned. I'd hope if they do a new show they can find a balance. And I bring up RoE but I know it has fireworks so that gives it a wow factor that RoL can't have, which isn't a bad thing, but then there are many who won't like RoL simply because there are no fireworks. So, again, it's hard.

Sigh. Alien Encounter. I really miss it. I was so upset when Stitch moved in. I actually think Stitch deserves a lot better than the attraction they shoehorned him into.
One thing I have learned from having children and grandchildren is if you hang your expectations on that of your kids or grandkids, you will be setting yourself up for frustration. It is impossible to have everyone agree on the merits of anything, be it a show, a ride or a philosophy. Their interests are different. Sometimes everyone is running on all eight cylinders, but, most of the time they do not. If it's any consolation, eventually they come around and start to see the merit in the same things that you do. It is indeed a circle of life.

Last edited:

HowAboutDisney

One thing I have learned from having children and grandchildren is if you hang your expectations on that of your kids or grandkids, you will be setting yourself up for frustration. It is impossible to have everyone agree on the merits of anything, be it a show, a ride or a philosophy. Their interests are different. Sometimes everyone is running on all eight cylinders, but, most of the time they do not. If it's any consolation, eventually they come around and start to see the merit in the same things that you do. It is indeed a circle of life.

Thanks so much..

biggy H

Even adults find the middle bit boring. Although we like RoE, the middle bit needs to be changed, its the one bit we don't really pay attention to now as we have seen so many times, it just doesn't hold us any more.

Kman101

Even adults find the middle bit boring. Although we like RoE, the middle bit needs to be changed, its the one bit we don't really pay attention to now as we have seen so many times, it just doesn't hold us any more.

I admit I started power walking during that part this time just to get closer to the exit ... LOL. I'm hopeful that's part of the upgrading of the show, as otherwise I absolutely love it. It had been a long time for me seeing it so it was nice to refresh myself about it and see it again.

WDWResort

Apparently Rivers Of Life is set to end it's run in 2020 and will get replaced with a new show featuring Disney characters in 2021.

I really doubt this. They did not go through all the trouble they did for a show that'll run only 3 years. Rivers of Light* is there to stay for a good while. Will they include characters from The Jungle Book or Lion King at some point? Idk, probably? It remains to be seen. But I doubt it's going away after 3 years.

lukacseven

There was an article posted on a site called Hello Giggles on Sunday regarding the rumored Fire Mountain attraction at WDW. Said to be a resurrection of sorts of a previously imagined project. Would be an indoor flying coaster and would incorporate a Moana theme (centered around a volcano). Location adjacent to POTC.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
There was an article posted on a site called Hello Giggles on Sunday regarding the rumored Fire Mountain attraction at WDW. Said to be a resurrection of sorts of a previously imagined project. Would be an indoor flying coaster and would incorporate a Moana theme (centered around a volcano). Location adjacent to POTC.

HelloGiggles got it from WPLG Local10.com which got it from screamscape which said it was 'buzzing about' but they had no direct sources.

It was 'buzzing about' because Jim Hill put it out there with a claim there were recent height-balloon tests in Adventureland which no one has claimed to have seen (not even Jim Hill).

Our own insiders have said it is not on the table.

See here: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/rumor-and-upcoming-timeline-tracker.926402/

Maddie Terwilliger

Several people in this thread have been saying how disappointing the updates and rumors are.
However, in my opinion I can't help but feel excitement over the fact that we will be getting Toy Story Land, Star Wars Land, and Pandora!! Looking at the concept art for Toy Story Land and Star Wars Land looks incredible. If I am correct we will get two new rides for both lands!! I don't know how anyone can be disappointed in these projects!!

Yes... yes... it will take several years to build but reading articles and seeing concept art of Star Wars Land itself... it will be worth the wait.

Cesar R M

Several people in this thread have been saying how disappointing the updates and rumors are.
However, in my opinion I can't help but feel excitement over the fact that we will be getting Toy Story Land, Star Wars Land, and Pandora!! Looking at the concept art for Toy Story Land and Star Wars Land looks incredible. If I am correct we will get two new rides for both lands!! I don't know how anyone can be disappointed in these projects!!

Yes... yes... it will take several years to build but reading articles and seeing concept art of Star Wars Land itself... it will be worth the wait.
Because the original project of Toy Story land were way better Than were'getting, very little for all the land taken.
They could even have used other IPS from Pixar, but they keep repeating Toy Story.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom