Matterhorn Reopens!

Disney Analyst

Original Poster
It has been reported that the Matterhorn opened earlier today for guest testing. Welcome back Matty!

Hope we hear some reports on how this refurb went.

JD2000

I dislike fastpass so much. They just unnecessarily doubled another stand-by line; and one that moved fast and was comfortable to wait in. And probably just to add incentive to buy MaxPass. The parks would be so much better off without any fastpass in so many ways.

Stevek

Walked by it today...the new queue is a mess. basically back and forth clogging up the entire area in front of the entrance. It was much better when it went down the side of the mountain and it wasn't a sweaty, stinky mass of disnerds.

Stevek

sounds like D23.
Or any comicon. But seriously, we were in line for Mermaid last week and there was a guy in line that just about made my family of 4 throw up in line. Being to good dad I am, I sacrificed my two daughters and made them stand closest to him in line. He had a young lady with him...she was either too nice to tell him or just immune to his stench.

Curious Constance

9:20 pm. 105 minute wait
I feel like that will calm down a bit after the newness dies down. Everyone and their brother are probably wanting to ride to see if it's any different from the refurb. I can't help but selfishly like adding fastpass to things that I never like waiting in line for, but I hope they don't add it to things that typically have short waits like Pirates. Then nothing will have a short wait anymore.

Bandini

I feel like that will calm down a bit after the newness dies down. Everyone and their brother are probably wanting to ride to see if it's any different from the refurb. I can't help but selfishly like adding fastpass to things that I never like waiting in line for, but I hope they don't add it to things that typically have short waits like Pirates. Then nothing will have a short wait anymore.
If this happens, I guess I stop going to Disney altogether.

I stopped visiting WDW when this happened. IMO, MK became a nightmare. Every SB line that had FP+ was at least 30 minutes long.

D

Deleted member 107043

I can't help but selfishly like adding fastpass to things that I never like waiting in line for, but I hope they don't add it to things that typically have short waits like Pirates.

Didn't Pirates have FP when the system was first introduced?

Stevek

If this happens, I guess I stop going to Disney altogether.

I stopped visiting WDW when this happened. IMO, MK became a nightmare. Every SB line that had FP+ was at least 30 minutes long.
We would kill for 30 minute lines for rides that have FP. I personally think the WDW system works better...but FP should not be a thing in any case.

Stevek

Didn't Pirates have FP when the system was first introduced?
I thought so but this is what wikipedia says (for what it's worth):

Disney's Fastpass (paper)
Current attractions offering Disney's Fastpass
Former attractions offering Disney's Fastpass
Former attractions offering Surprise Disney's Fastpass

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom