Through or around Orlando

Patcheslee

Original Poster
We will be spending a couple days at St Augustine before heading to Disney Caribbean. So we will have rental for our vacation. Our plan has is leaving St. Augustine around 3pm on Saturday, which means hitting the Orlando area around 5pm. Is the traffic worse cutting straight through Orlando on I-4, or the round about 417?

donsullivan

Premium Member
Take 417. The combination of rush hour and the major construction projects on I4 the entire length of Orlando will drive you crazy with a high likelihood of slowdowns. Be aware that there are a lot of tolls on the loop from north to south, but it's a much more pleasant drive.

Patcheslee

Original Poster
Take 417. The combination of rush hour and the major construction projects on I4 the entire length of Orlando will drive you crazy with a high likelihood of slowdowns. Be aware that there are a lot of tolls on the loop from north to south, but it's a much more pleasant drive.
I'd rather pay the $10 to avoid a standstill, hence the reason amusement park create line jumping for $$$. Of course how distracted I'll get by whatever looks fun to check out is high. DH doesn't have much intention of driving in the city unless I break both my arms, a leg, and poke out an eye. Lol

donsullivan

Premium Member
I'd rather pay the $10 to avoid a standstill, hence the reason amusement park create line jumping for $$$. Of course how distracted I'll get by whatever looks fun to check out is high. DH doesn't have much intention of driving in the city unless I break both my arms, a leg, and poke out an eye. Lol

Couldn't agree with your more. I just prefer to call out the toll difference on that route as some simply will go out of their way to avoid a toll road no matter the alternate cost. And I certainly do not want people to be surprised by the tolls, especially if you come from an area without any toll roads.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Couldn't agree with your more. I just prefer to call out the toll difference on that route as some simply will go out of their way to avoid a toll road no matter the alternate cost. And I certainly do not want people to be surprised by the tolls, especially if you come from an area without any toll roads.

I love that so many people hate and refuse to use the toll roads, makes it a much nicer drive for me.

lazyboy97o

You shouldn't be worried about getting distracted by the sights of FL 417. There isn't too much of interest. You will in all likelihood get a nice wiff of the Orange County Landfill.

Patcheslee

Original Poster
You shouldn't be worried about getting distracted by the sights of FL 417. There isn't too much of interest. You will in all likelihood get a nice wiff of the Orange County Landfill.
Between working with CNC machine coolant, Indiana fields, and baby diapers my immunity is high lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom