Linking to MDE

Andrew Appleby

Original Poster
Hi all,

Anyone know how long before a trip I should be able to link to MDE?

I've got loads of time as we're not going until next August but thought I'd try to link MDE account to the reservation and it says it can't find it. I've heard loads of different thinks, 10 days after booking, 8 months before, 200 days before, etc... so I was wondering if anyone on here has any knowledge/advice?

Cheers

steenbag

If you booked through a third party (e.g. Orbitz), make sure you use the Disney confirmation number, not the Orbitz confirmation number. I did that once. I believe you should be able to link it as soon as your have a Disney confirmation number. I've booked about 9 months out and it took the number.

Andrew Appleby

Original Poster
Thanks for the reply!

We booked through Virgin and apparently the Virgin booking ref is the one we should use but it just won't work. I may give them a call or email to see when it should work.

Rob562

I vaguely recall a few people reporting issues linking reservations that are more than 1 full year away. You may have to wait until August/September.

-Rob

Andrew Appleby

Original Poster
So somewhat typically after posting this thread I checked MDE and tried to link my hotel reservation and it worked! Looks like out of the 2 Disney cast members I spoke to on the phone, 1 was right and one way off!

Glad it's all linked now, I know we have plenty of time but it just means it's all working! Only missing tickets now (which we get through the package) and I presume they won't have been sorted yet and will automatically add later in the year?

beachlover4444

I have a question. My sister is a castmember. we are coming down in 3 weeks and there are 5 of us coming down for 4 days. 2 of us bought 4 day tickets. 3 of us bought 2 day tickets and my sister will get those 3 in for the other 2 days. we are all linked on disney experience. we booked our fast passes and each day it made me select which "person"/ticket for each fastpass. The castmember was to be with us the first 2 days and the last 2 we were strictly using our own tickets. Now they re-bid her shift days off and I am afraid our fastpasses will be messed up because the wrong person/ticket is on the wrong days now. How do I get this resolved to fix it before we come?

The Mighty Tim

I booked my trip through the UK Disney site back on Saturday for a September 2018 trip and I have not been able to link my reservation yet.

Should I just wait a bit longer or should I contact them?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom